CDIH
Best Movie Villian - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Best Movie Villian (/showthread.php?tid=10350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Arpikarhu - 06-11-2005

margaret hamilton-wicked witch of the west
linda fiorentino-the last seduction
sidney greenstreet- maltese falcon
basil rathbone- robin hood

- The Sleeper - 06-11-2005

Mad Wrote:
The Sleeper Wrote:
Gonzo Wrote:
The Sleeper Wrote:
Quote:Travis Bickle - Taxi Driver

villian?!
He's no hero
i don't think he's a hero or a villian, he's just a morally ambiguous character. why you gotta classify?
So wouldn't Travis be an anti-hero?
yea that sounds more accurate

same with Michael Corleone

- Arpikarhu - 06-11-2005

nurse ratchet-one flew over the cuckoos nest
peter lorre- M
lena olin- romeo is bleeding
dennis hopper- blue velvet
henry fonda- once upon a time in the west
robert mitchum- night of the hunter
ben kingsley- sexy beast
john huston- chinatown
malcolm mcdowell- a clockwork orange
burt lancaster- sweet smell of success
faye dunaway- mommy dearest

- diceisgod - 06-11-2005

Boss Hogg - Dukes of Hazzard

- Arpikarhu - 06-11-2005

ooooh! comedy fresh off the news

- diceisgod - 06-11-2005

now you're just rambling, jew

- Arpikarhu - 06-11-2005

it made me laugh.

- drusilla - 06-11-2005

Arpikarhu Wrote:malcolm mcdowell- a clockwork orange
my favorite.

lena olin too was great in romeo is bleeding & her character

i would agree with dennis hopper in blue velvet. his character gave me nightmares

- jewdown - 06-12-2005

Gargamel - Teh Smurfs

- Goatweed - 06-12-2005

there was a Smurfs movie?

- jewdown - 06-12-2005

yup.
wait, do christmas specials count?

Edited By jewdown on 1118545992

- Mad - 06-12-2005

Christmas for Ewoks does, but not for smurfs.

- GonzoStyle - 06-12-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:same with Michael Corleone
Yeah beyond ordering the murders of dozens of men including the murder of your own brother, he was a classy guy.

- The Sleeper - 06-12-2005

again, i think you are confusing "villian" with "anti-hero". i think any traditional villian has to have a hero to counterpoint him. who was the hero in the godfather?

- The Jays - 06-12-2005

Bobby- Nick Stahl "Bully

- drusilla - 06-12-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:again, i think you are confusing "villian" with "anti-hero". i think any traditional villian has to have a hero to counterpoint him. who was the hero in the godfather?
that was what i was wondering about alex from a clockwork orange.

but the dictionary defines a villain as a wicked or evil person, which would let him fit the category.

but it also says: a dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.

- Hawt Baux - 06-12-2005

The Heat Miser.

- GonzoStyle - 06-12-2005

I don't believe that to be a villain one needs a hero, that villain may be battling demons within. Naturally it helps when there's a "hero" or good guy to counter them. I suppose in the truest meaning of the word villain it draws up visions of superhero's and their nemesis like Lex Luthor or the bad cop vs. the gangster like elliot ness, etc. But for example and defense of my use of Michael the reason I don't choose say Brando's Vito Corleone which is a remarkable performance, is because though he is a murderer himself, he kills when he must and once for revenge against the man who killed his family. Michael kills anyone who he feels oposes him and the thing that puts him over the top is the killing of Fredo. He is a cold souless person who turns against his family though he believes he protects them. As short tempered and violent as Sonny was, he would never have had fredo killed. Vito did all he did for his family and never put anything before them, not even business.

Also I just watched snatch and I know Gmann will agree with me, I gotta throw out an honorable mention for one of the best villains to Bricktop.