CDIH
Mets get Carlos Delgado - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mets get Carlos Delgado (/showthread.php?tid=10800)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- GonzoStyle - 11-24-2005

yeah but delgado has never played for a contendor or under any pressure, the marlins, ooh pressure city.

Todd Helton has some of the best numbers of anyone in the past decade or so, he's not even a pimple on ortiz's ass.

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

those expansion teams are always throwing players between each other.

- Keyser Soze - 11-25-2005

helton is a poor example because he played most of his career in colorado.

if the teams that carlos has played for have not been playoff contenders it is not for lack of production from his bat, his numbers have consistantly been among the best in baseball. your comments are mere conjecture and based in nothing more than your perception. my arguement is based on hard cold facts of ortiz and delgado's actual production.

Three year averages...

Ortiz, 75 runs, 139 hits, 31 HRs, 105 RBIs, 59 walks, .289 avg, .366 OBP

Delgado, 98 runs, 145 hits, 36 HRs, 117 RBIs, 93 walks, .284 avg, .403 OBP

Delgado has a signifigant advantage in runs scored, RBIs, walks, and most importantly on base percentage.

I'm not even saying Delgado is better than Ortiz, even though I could based on those numbers. At the very least based on their production you have to come to the conclusion he is as good if not better than Ortiz.

- Galt - 11-25-2005

Ortiz has only had a full time job with Boston for 2 1/2 years. The first half of the year he was sharing time with Millar.

if you want to compare pressure situations....

stats with runners in scoring position

player A: .300 avg, .424 OBP, 1.001 OPS

player B: .292 avg, .386 OBP, .875 OPS

since you want to argue that ortiz hasnt played the same number of games, thats fine, throw out any stats that arent percentages, the OBP alone shows his signifigant edge over ortiz.

- Goatweed - 11-25-2005

wasn't there a lot of hype over Beltran's numbers too?

- GonzoStyle - 11-25-2005

but seriously guys, I am taking delgado in the 1st round in fantasy next year.

and even if you offer me Vlad Guerrero, Ortiz, Pujols, A Rod, Dontrelle, Chris Carpenter & Tejada for Delgado, save me a laugh and yourself a denial.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-25-2005

the first half of that season for ortiz, he was sharing time with jeremy giambi.

the percentages are relevant regardless of his sharing time with giambi.

and gonzo, you are arguing a totally different point. i didnt compare delgado to anyone but ortiz.

it's just as retarded but hey you don't order fish at a car wash, cause they are there to please you.

now you're just being retarded

I'M BEING RETARDED!!!

That's all you've done in this thread.

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

I await the mid season thread in which Keyser points out all the reasons why the Mets should trade Carlos Delgado.

ive pointed out very clear and concise reasons to base my conclusions. the stats speak for themselves.

i can't predict the future and neither can you, he could be a bust but history clearly shows that delgado has been as good if not better than ortiz.

- The Jays - 11-25-2005

you so wish Ortiz was a Met

they're interchangable. i'd take either of them.

- The Jays - 11-26-2005

you'd put Ortiz at first base?

- Keyser Soze - 11-26-2005

Delgado would have the advantage since, while he isn't a good defensive firstbasemen, he at least has played the position for several years.

- The Jays - 11-26-2005

so what you're saying is that the defense adds value to a player, makes him more valuable

- Keyser Soze - 11-26-2005

Obviously, to a degree.