CDIH
In my opinion - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: In my opinion (/showthread.php?tid=11432)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Keyser Soze - 02-16-2006

You wouldn't last, with your multiple accident ridden gimpy body.....anarchy is not for the meek.

- Mad - 02-16-2006

See that's were knowing how to shoot at moving objects is a great help.

- Arpikarhu - 02-16-2006

free markets, miniscule government, personal responsibility for all!!!

- Mad - 02-16-2006

Most people would be too afraid to live with true liberty.

Like Keyser and Ken, two sheep heading for the slaughterhouse without a care in the world.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

In the Libertarian ideal, roads aren't paved by the Government, but by industry. Like the Auto Industry, who will create roads to enhance the values of their product, inducing more people to buy.

it's hogwash.

- Mad - 02-16-2006

Pipe down commie and go suck a cock at the gloryhole.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

which of my positions make me a commie...
or is that just your standard rebuttle?

Communism is a good analogy to Libertarianism,
nice idea....never work.

- Mad - 02-16-2006

One major difference, in a Libertarian society you don't have to wait on line for toilet paper.

The market dictates, rather then the monoply of 'government'.

Libertarians tend to be folks who have been unable to find success in a capitalist society due to lack of skills and prefer to blame their lot in life on the 'man' keeping them down.

Libertarians have some decent ideas, from a high level, they seem great.Like Arpi said....free markets, miniscule government, personal responsibility for all, who wouldn't want that???

Problem is, the reality is far from how it would actually go down in practice. The same people who have libertarian ideals aren't strong enough to adopt them in their own lives. If you really had the balls to live a libertarian lifestyle, you stop using the postal service and deliver your own mail.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

These clowns have NO idea how much evil can occur before a "market force" correction occurs.

- HedCold - 02-16-2006

so just because we can't change to it overnight we shouldn't bother?

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

you're missing the point hedcold,
it's my contention that we could NEVER make the changes into a Libertarian economic model....
because it's not reality based.

- Mad - 02-16-2006

So by (willingly) paying the fee for a postage stamp I can no longer use the Postal Service, what kind of ass backwards logic is that?

You seem to be confused by Libertarian idea's and my twisted ideal fantasy world.

- Galt - 02-16-2006

I vote libertarian every election because I think that the political discourse should move in the direction of Libertarianism in all facets of politics.

Socially liberal: abortions, gay rights, legal prostitution, etc.

Fiscally, less government, more niche private enterprises specializing in areas where government currently sloggs along wastefully.

However, if I actually thought that Libertarians would actually gain control of government, I would never vote for them out of fear of the the major changes and destruction they would do to this country and its people.

If that makes sense.

Well according to the libertarian creed the USPS is a monopoly and should be abolished.

Buying a postage stamp feeds this ruthless capitialistic machine and encourages government surveillance of private correspondence.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

Galt Wrote:However, if I actually thought that Libertarians would actually gain control of government, I would never vote for them out of fear of the the major changes and destruction they would do to this country and its people.

If that makes sense.

you are such a fucking clown....
no shit we know how you feel... Keyser and I have been saying that from the beginning.....

why did you watse our time with that charade of a defense you mounted at the beginning of this thread.....

jackass.

- Galt - 02-16-2006

yeah, the hardline libertarians have some really insane ideas. No post office is far less destructive than no public schools, no polic departments, no fire departments, no federally or state run highways, no anti-trust laws, it's just way too out there

- Arpikarhu - 02-16-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:Buying a postage stamp feeds this ruthless capitialistic machine and encourages government surveillance of private correspondence.

this is not in any way a reflection of the libertarian reason for the abolishment of the postal service. we want it privatized and not due to government surveillance. libertarians are not conspiracy nuts.

also the party realizes that dramatic and sudden change would be detrimental. this is why there is a growing move towards the reform libertarian platform which calls for incremental movement towards complete free market ideals.

- Galt - 02-16-2006

Ken, why are you such a cunt lately?

Get over yourself.

- HedCold - 02-16-2006

Ken'sPen Wrote:you're missing the point hedcold,
it's my contention that we could NEVER make the changes into a Libertarian economic model....
because it's not reality based.
its not based in the reality that you grew up in/learned about in school