CDIH
heroes - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: heroes (/showthread.php?tid=12082)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- drusilla - 10-17-2006

Galt Wrote:As far as super powers go, I'd rankt them thusly:

1. Stop time + travel into the future + teleportation
2. Read people's minds
3. Can't die or get hurt, and can regenerate tissue
4. Flying
5. Having a weird reflection in a mirror
6. Being an Indian geneticist
7. being a heroin junkie

i think the younger brother might have it the best being able to adopt other's powers. but maybe not so good cause he can only do it when they are around. i am interested in seeing how that develops.

- Galt - 10-17-2006

He can't adopt other's powers; what are you talking about, fool woman?

He can only fly - and he's like the Greatest American Hero in that he doesn't even know how to control it. His "only aroud other people" was a guess.

Plus, he should get a hair cut. That Flock of Seagulls thing pisses me off every time he brushes it off his forehead.

- drusilla - 10-17-2006

but what about his drawing the future after he met issac?

from rf.net (& yes i know i lose points for quoting rf.)

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but I think I read in TV Guide that the Congressman's brother has the power of mimicry, not necessarilly flight. He just copies other people's powers. And therefore I think he might end up being like the most important one of em. But yeah he is really whiny.

- Galt - 10-17-2006

I don't recall him drawing the future. I must have missed that. Either that, or you are a fool woman.

But it would make sense - why the show have two people with the same power?

Though making him Rogue from X-Men is also kind of a rip-off.

- HedCold - 10-17-2006

dru is right, he takes in other peoples powers. it also seems like the new black guy negates powers, like the kid in xmen 3

- Galt - 10-17-2006

Not racist at all.

The black guy makes people less productive.

- Ronin - 10-18-2006

HedCold Wrote:dru is right, he takes in other peoples powers. it also seems like the new black guy negates powers, like the kid in xmen 3

leech

- faceman802 - 12-05-2006

ok first half of the season is over. I managed to download and watch 10 episodes in 3 days and watched the episode tonight so I'm all caught up. Thoughts...I dont think peter is the exploding guy, unless he leeches the power off the caveman looking guy who killed his wife with radiation poisoning. Hiro is my favorite character in the series so far and the only true "hero" since he's the only one who tries to actually save anyone, other than peter and he's just too wimpy for me. The persuasion chick is gone but she was worthless anyway so it's no big loss. and Hiro standing in front of the dragon in the picture must be an "illiteration" but I hope it isn't because I would love to see him fight a dragon. and when he says, I gotta find that sword I said, "yes you do hiro, yes you do." and for the record, I still wanna nail the cheerleader, probably even more so now.

- Mad - 12-05-2006

Thought that dragon was a T-Rex.

- Galt - 12-05-2006

you talk to your TV while watching a show?

- drusilla - 12-05-2006

i still want to know what the hell sylar does with the brains.

& i wished they killed off niki/jessica cause she's super annoying & so far useless.

my tv makes more intelligent comments than you

drusilla Wrote:i still want to know what the hell sylar does with the brains.

& i wished they killed off niki/jessica cause she's super annoying & so far useless.

Im thinking the answer may be eating them. It makes sense in a consuming a part of someone makes them a part of you kind of way. Sorry I meant t-rex but dragon came out after seeing the constant fucking eragon commercials they are playing. i'm just happy I didn't say rocky after all of those commercials for that abortion that is coming out soon

- drusilla - 12-05-2006

did you notice it was a totally new trailer during heroes pumping up the fact that milo ventimiglia is in it? i thought that was retarded.

yeah we all kinda think he eats them & that is super gross, so maybe that's why they just aren't saying it. don't want to offend any of the stupid people out there or give them ideas to eat brains. who knows. but if it's not eating them, which is what everyone is saying, i really wanna know what it is.

- Galt - 12-05-2006

faceman802 Wrote:

Im thinking the answer may be eating them. It makes sense in a consuming a part of someone makes them a part of you kind of way. Sorry I meant t-rex but dragon came out after seeing the constant fucking eragon commercials they are playing. i'm just happy I didn't say rocky after all of those commercials for that abortion that is coming out soon

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that he's consuming them. Women are so stupid.

I was also wondering that since Silar had telekenetic powers, and God-knows what else, why he would let him sit in that plastic room for so long.

Galt Wrote:
faceman802 Wrote:

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that he's consuming them. Women are so stupid.

I was also wondering that since Silar had telekenetic powers, and God-knows what else, why he would let him sit in that plastic room for so long.

I thought it was obvious that since the haitian wasn't there to "stop" his power and he had the opportunity to escape, he took it. and what is his "angle" that he disobeyed claire's father and didn't erase her mind? and who the fuck is this linderman??
I read online that "sulu" george takei is going to be on some episodes later this season as Hiro's father. with all the star trek ideas and comments he makes, it kinda makes sense.

p.s. cool fact that I leared about Hiro, Masa Oka, while looking up stuff on imdb, he's a visual effects digital artist who works for ILM, George Lucas's CGI company and his credits include work on such films as POTC 2, Perfect Storm, and SW Episodes 1,2 and 3 and still works 1 to 2 days a week there while still filming Heroes

- Galt - 12-05-2006

The Haitian doesn't stop powers, I think Clare's father is the one who stops powers. That broad couldn't do jedi mind tricks on him, the mindreader couldn't get anything. That annoying fag kid started to get sick around him...

But even then, as soon as the Haitian and/or the father wasn't near the room (and that was most of the episode), Silar would have been able to break out relatively easily.

it wasn't on camera so it doesnt count and maybe it's both of them, even though that doesn't make sense since no one "shares" the same power but the father wasn't in the bar when the useless cop collapsed, the haitian was.

- Galt - 12-05-2006

faceman802 Wrote:it wasn't on camera so it doesnt count

Ok, remind me never to attempt a logical discussion with you.

fine, yes galt he should have escaped beforehand, not doing so makes it cheap and stupid. we should all stop watching because of the inconsistencies with the script blah blah blah. shows are meant to suspend belief, so suspend your beliefs in this respect and stop trying to have a "logical" conversation about a show where people can slice others heads open by thinking about it and can regenerate for no particular reason