CDIH
UFC part deux - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: UFC part deux (/showthread.php?tid=12269)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Hybrid - 11-20-2006

"the second time i went down it wasnt really cause of my groin, it effected my legs more than my groin. i dont know if it was a nerve thing or what happend but as soon as he hit me i felt it in my legs not my groin."

- diceisgod - 11-20-2006

He really went out like a chump. Completely owned. I was disappointed I like the hughes.

- Hybrid - 11-20-2006

hughes is a dope and im glad he lost. gsp is amazing and his broken english makes me laugh.

- Gooch - 11-20-2006

GSP would destroy Galt just as much as Galt is destroying the banking industry

- Galt - 11-21-2006

so a professional fighter would beat me up? Oh, you really got me there. I can't even come back to that. You are 100% correct.

- Mad - 11-21-2006

Too busy plotting to push another co-worker in front of a bus, brilliant.

- Gooch - 11-21-2006

Galt Wrote:so a professional fighter would beat me up? Oh, you really got me there. I can't even come back to that. You are 100% correct.

you really are a humorless twat

- Gooch - 11-21-2006

btw, per Hughes at the press conferance...the 2nd kick did not hit him in the groin...it his his leg nerve. Hughes played it off as a ball kick to recover. it would have ended there had the ref not stopped it...then after the bell rang before it could be stopped again when Hughes got clocked with a "superman" punch. Hughes was in over his head...and tried to standup with a fighter who was much better than him in that type of fighting.

- Mad - 11-21-2006

GSP took Hughes' game away and forced him to play his way.

- Galt - 11-21-2006

Gooch continues to surprise.

- GonzoStyle - 11-21-2006

pretty soon Galt & Gooch will be the bestest of friends, thanks UFC!

- Gooch - 11-21-2006

Grown near-naked men grappling brings people together.

- Hybrid - 11-22-2006

Gooch Wrote:btw, per Hughes at the press conferance...the 2nd kick did not hit him in the groin...it his his leg nerve. Hughes played it off as a ball kick to recover. it would have ended there had the ref not stopped it...then after the bell rang before it could be stopped again when Hughes got clocked with a "superman" punch. Hughes was in over his head...and tried to standup with a fighter who was much better than him in that type of fighting.

do you even read my posts? i already said the same exact thing at the top of the page.

- diceisgod - 11-22-2006

what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what
what

etc..

- Keyser Soze - 11-22-2006

this thread is the only thing that keeps hybrid around these days.

- Gooch - 11-22-2006

Hybrid Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:btw, per Hughes at the press conferance...the 2nd kick did not hit him in the groin...it his his leg nerve. Hughes played it off as a ball kick to recover. it would have ended there had the ref not stopped it...then after the bell rang before it could be stopped again when Hughes got clocked with a "superman" punch. Hughes was in over his head...and tried to standup with a fighter who was much better than him in that type of fighting.

do you even read my posts? i already said the same exact thing at the top of the page.

yours was hard to understand, actually. thats why i picked up and actually gave my own opinion afterward.

- Hybrid - 11-22-2006

earlier in the thread i mentioned that hughes spoke at the press conference and admitted it wasnt a groin shot. what i posted was an exact quote. tell mr. hughes it was hard to understand.

- Gooch - 11-22-2006

quit getting your skirt all ruffled. god forbid something was mentioned again and then even expounded on seperately. what would you like, a cookie?

here's couple of pics extrapolated from Hybrid's posts, and also UFC.tv

[Image: hughesgsp3.jpg]

[Image: hughesgsp2.jpg]

[Image: hughesgsp1.jpg]

- Mad - 11-22-2006

The shin to the side of the neck was awesome, as was the front kick to the chest. Guess ground ' pound doesn't work if your opponent is well versed in takedown defense.

- Gooch - 11-22-2006

in all honesty, though i still think GSP would win...the rematch (which will likely happen in May of 2007) will prob have Hughes avoiding standup and all about takedowns. So, that will be a better gauge. I was tired of Hughes, but he's no slouch....and it looked like a mismatch b/c he had a terrible "lets fight standup" gameplan...which blew up in his face many times.

Hughes is outclassed by the skills of GSP and also BJ Penn. But the intangibles keep him in them...heart, strength, and the fact he's comes from the Militech training camp of being a well-rounded fighter.