CDIH
Don Imus got Fired - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Don Imus got Fired (/showthread.php?tid=12631)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Jays - 04-25-2007

DOGHOUSE!

- drusilla - 04-25-2007

what?

- Keyser Soze - 04-25-2007

how soon before opie and aint funny are put out to pasture?

- GonzoStyle - 04-25-2007

- The Prodigal Son - 05-13-2007

And Jv and Elvis were fired over the weekend.

Didn't listen to them, but this is so fucking lame.

- The Jays - 05-13-2007

Yeah, it's bullshit, and it's just another scary thing that's happening to this country. The media and the government keep using red herrings to steer us away from seeing the real bad stuff that companies and people with power are doing.

- Keyser Soze - 05-13-2007

i don't think these two losers being shit canned really makes a difference.

- Mad - 05-13-2007

It's another nail in the coffin of civil rights. Some fuckers need to be hung for their traitorous acts.

- Keyser Soze - 05-13-2007

nigga please, these two jerkoffs are not the poster boys for free speech....nobody gives a rats ass.

people that get fired are fired because they're not valuable enough to the company to waste resources or lose advertisers from.

good riddance.

- The Jays - 05-14-2007

Don Imus, Bernard McGuirk, JV and Elvis, and Ashy from The Ed Lover Show, all fired within the past month, all for saying things that offended a minority group. Yes, JV and Elvis don't mean crap, but don't you want to make that decision rather than have some whiny group bitching into the company ear? And if you don't think this affects satellite, what about O and A and Bubba both in hot water for offensive content on their respective shows?

- Keyser Soze - 05-14-2007

did he just say 'ashy from the ed lover show' ?

wake me up when someone whose main demographic isn't shut ins and 30 somethings who live in their parents basement gets his first amendment rights violated.

seriously, nobody gives a fuck.

- GonzoStyle - 05-14-2007

Keyser Soze Wrote:did he just say 'ashy from the ed lover show' ?

wake me up when someone whose main demographic isn't shut ins and 30 somethings who live in their parents basement gets his first amendment rights violated.

seriously, nobody gives a fuck.

Nobody has yet to have their 1st amendement right violated in all of these stupid arguments. The point isnt personal preferences but the further PC sissification and you can snooze through it as a "who cares its JV & Elvis and I dont listen" but let it gain ground and tomorrow it will be someone you listen to and fact is that the majority of people feel will feel the same way you do about JV & Elvis and wont care if O&A, R&F or whatever show you listen to gets fucked with. It's a matter of special interests groups dictating for the majority what we should and shouldnt hear and if they gain enough ground they can then move on to satelite radio. If that succeeds they then have a precident to move onto cable tv which is their ultimate goal. You can say impossible all you want but sadly it's getting more and more possible, it's the exact fears Madison, Adams and most founders had when it came to factions in this country.

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

Yeah, seriously, I could give a shit about listening to JV and Elvis, but when I hear that a radio program can be canned because an asian group doesn't like a prank phone call where the guy asks for flied lice, that's scary for the shows I do listen to.

I wish I could have the apathy that Keyser has.

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

just let Patrice explain it to ya'll.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjIuPSuYSOY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

- Keyser Soze - 05-15-2007

The Jays Wrote:Yeah, seriously, I could give a shit about listening to JV and Elvis, but when I hear that a radio program can be canned because an asian group doesn't like a prank phone call where the guy asks for flied lice, that's scary for the shows I do listen to.

I wish I could have the apathy that Keyser has.

people make fun of all sorts of races on cable tv, etc... all the fucking time. they're not shutting down def comedy jam or the sopranos because of how they depict japs, wops, niggers, kikes, etc... etc...

nobody cares about these fucks, they have no pull whatsoever, sponsors wont support them, they're not commercially dependable so they're expendable......if they had any value they'd still be on the air. if you actually make your company money, you might have a fighting chance at pissing off a couple of uppity gooks.

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

Alright, whatever, you're right, the only opinion that matters is the one of the guy who gets paid 500 million dollars, everyone else is just a commercially unviable douche.

george carlin isn't exactly making a killing commerically anymore, and he's offensive to a good portion of the country.

you don't see anyone boycotting him.

if you're actually funny, people might be a little more forgiving.

- The Jays - 05-15-2007

who is the arbitor of funny? special interest groups and lobbyists? because those are the ones who are forcing people off the air. We're talking about radio here. You're throwing HBO and George Carlin out here.

the arbiter of funny is the marketplace. if these guys could carry an audience, then management could rationalize going to bat for them...howard stern, for instance, pissed off plenty of people while he was in radio, but he was able to stay on the air because he was actually funny and he drew a massive audience.

censorship isn't limited to radio. special interest groups like the association for the american family write their little letters to television networks, and cable companies as well. the difference is 'ashy' from the ed lover show is a fly on an elephants ass.

- Mad - 05-15-2007

Without Jackie the Jokeman feeding Howie lines, Howie isn't funny.