CDIH
Arpi's property values are down - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Arpi's property values are down (/showthread.php?tid=12690)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Arpi's property values are down - The Prodigal Son - 07-12-2007

Honestly, I'm not jealous of Galt at all. If he went to all of these places, cool. If he bought a house, great.

It just seems like a lot of oneupsmanship. If I'm wrong, so be it.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Hoon - 07-17-2007

I remember about 4 years ago when I bought a home just as the housing bubble was starting to grow. Arpi admonished me for making such a foolish financial move. Now, my home is worth $20k more than I purchased it for.

And what happens in the middle of this inflated housing bubble?
Arpi buys a house.

HAHAHAHAHA

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Mad - 07-17-2007

Quote:And what happens in the middle of this inflated housing bubble?
Arpi buys a house.

Doubtful Arpi is taking a hosing on the price. More likely he's getting himself a bargain because he's a Jew and they know how to negotiate.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Galt - 07-17-2007

I kept thinking I was smart for years not buying property because we were at the top of the bubble. But then I realized I'd been "smart" for five years, and property values had doubled by then.

Now I think that property is 100% guaranteed to appreciate in value all the time and no one has any risk of losing money.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Mad - 07-17-2007

Appreciation rates will not be as great, as some markets correct themselves. Then there is the BabyBoomer effect that'll starts to kick in, they will looking to downsize from large homes to smaller ones.

Some areas will not be effected by such things, but more then likely homes will take longer to sell and sellers will start to make concessions to close, IMO.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Arpikarhu - 07-18-2007

Mad Wrote:
Quote:And what happens in the middle of this inflated housing bubble?
Arpi buys a house.

Doubtful Arpi is taking a hosing on the price. More likely he's getting himself a bargain because he's a Jew and they know how to negotiate.

mad's wisdom is without peer.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Keyser Soze - 07-18-2007

The condo next door that has an identical configuration just sold for 54k more than i paid for my place.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - The Jays - 07-18-2007

next door?

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Gooch - 07-18-2007

My wife bought our apartment 5 years ago, its basically doubled in value since. And our town is now doing an storefront renewal, attracting more young buyers on top of the ones who pushed the value up in the last two years.

However, since Arpi bought his first house years ago, and is only selling it probably at it's added value to get this new one, Hoon's argument is pretty offbase.

Re: Arpi's property values are down - Black Lazerus - 07-18-2007

when are his arguments ever on base?