CDIH
Satan - not so bad - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Satan - not so bad (/showthread.php?tid=3034)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Arpikarhu - 08-06-2002

Quote:Sato masikistical
my brain just exploded

- Sloatsburgh - 08-06-2002

In the Tarot cards, the Devil can be interpreted as being the personification of the animalistic urges in humans. The Devil stands behind a naked man and woman, but the noose/leash around their necks is loose, meaning that the couple chooses to be prisoners of the firey lord.
[Image: devil.jpg]

Also, to go with Satanism as being a religion, I have always viewed it as being an anti-religion religion. Much of it's core beliefs are just the opposite of other religions. The inverse pentagram is the pentagram of the Wiccans, but because it is reverse, it symbolizes that power and money (Earth & Fire) are more valuable than Spirit (the remain points being Love and Wisdom (Water and Air)).

- The Sleeper - 08-06-2002

Soooo.....who wants to join my cult?

- Arpikarhu - 08-06-2002

finally, the expert arrives!

So... Burning in Hell is Sphyllis?

- AdolescentMasturbator - 08-06-2002

Zoroastrians believe that Satan and God are the same entity. They believe that Ahriman(basically satan) is God's(Ahura Mazda) shadow and he creates the balance necesary for the universe.

- The Sleeper - 08-06-2002

[Image: SatanWantsYou.jpg]

How can you go wrong with a religion that promotes sex. It's not Catholicism would have the priests having sex or anything. Oh wait.

- Spitfire - 08-06-2002

Satan is an english translation of a Hebrew word the means deceptive accuser. He was know to the Jews as Lucifer which means bright shining one.

Why does the Catholic Church depict him as the Greek God Pan?

I don't think Satan was such a bad guy...
but if the Christians can bastardize even the teachings of their own "Savior" what would you expect them to do with the devil....

- Arthur Dent - 08-06-2002

Zoroastrians? Is that Austrians who dress like Zoro?

I'm waiting for Satan to pop up in my kitchen and offer to trade my soul for something, like that Simpsons episode where Bart kept teasing Satan by wishing for stuff.

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-06-2002

Fuck my soul, I'd trade it for a cool million....:burnfucker:

Zoroastrianism is probably one of the oldest monotheistic religions on the Earth and many concepts in later religions were most likely borrowed from it.

The Holy Bible has one theme:

"The Jews rejected God which they were promised. Let's accept their God and scorn the Jews for their rejection. Jews suck ass."

I thought it was that you don't have to follow all those dietary requirements or get circumsized any more. And they moved the holy day from Saturday to Sunday.

Think about this little twist of history. If Alexander the Great never defeated the Persians then Persia would have retained dominance over the Mediterranean and the Romans would have never controlled it. Under a climate of religious tolerance Jesus would have never been martyred and he would be like the thousands of jews who said they were the messiah.

Quote:Under a climate of religious tolerance Jesus would have never been martyred and he would be like the thousands of jews who said they were the messiah.

And at the same time, how many of those pretenders were also executed by the Romans, but disappeared into obscurity?
Fun playing Devil's Advocate.

Yeah but we all know how persecution just makes some groups more determined.

Quote:Yeah but we all know how persecution just makes some groups more determined.

Groups...board members...

- Spitfire - 08-06-2002

Satan was used as a way of stating other rreligions are wrong and Christianity is the only true religion...Any other religion is influenced by Satan's deception, even if they've been around longer...

Quote:we cannot deny the influence of Satan and his demons in inspiring "counterfeit" religious expressions and experiences. For example, Psalm 106:36-37 states that those who serve idols offer sacrifices to demons. The apostle Paul says the same thing in 1 Corinthians 10:20. And in his first letter to Timothy he attributed false religious teachings to "deceitful spirits" (1 Tim. 4:1). In his second letter to the Corinthians, he stated that Satan "disguises himself as an angel of light" (2 Cor. 11:14) and that he disguises many of his agents as "servants of righteousness" (2 Cor. 11:15). Satan often promotes what is evil. But he can just as easily promote a high level of morality or religion so long as it discourages people from recognizing their need for the unmerited grace of God, expressed through the death of Jesus Christ.

Well, every religion needs to find a way to make every other religion incorrect. And Satan is an ingenious way to do that.