CDIH
Let's go rangers - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Let's go rangers (/showthread.php?tid=3745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

I'm not sure if this team is worth degrading. I may just let their play speak for itself. I'm not quite sure yet, but I'll let you know.

- LZMF1 - 10-17-2002

not to worry dig. the rangers will still suck this season. you need not waste your breath saying it.

- x-file - 10-18-2002

first off, the rangers will be as good as there defense is. The last couple games shows that they will have no problem scoreing. Between Bure and Lindros and Holik,Messier and Nedved thats enough fire power. They just have to no try to outscore there opponents like 9-8. Defense wins games.

Tonights game showed that they won't just turn over an die like in the past years if they were behind. Blackburn looked shaky but its his first game, he'll be fine.

- PeterDragon - 10-18-2002

Quote:They just have to no try to outscore there opponents like 9-8. Defense wins games
Well, while that has always been true in past, the new interference rules might change that. We will see. Sather always won with Offense (and Grant Fuhr).

Oh and DIG, didn't your team just blow a lead to the Islanders???? :lol:

- x-file - 10-21-2002

I'm sure Bure is happy to be on the rangers rather than facing them with regards to penalty shots. Sweet move to go around the goalie. Should of beat nashville, but.....

- Lord Slug - 10-24-2002

I really wanted the Rangers to win last night against the Caps. Undecided Any excuses?

- mikehern - 10-24-2002

Too many ex-pens on the Rangers. :-(

- x-file - 10-24-2002

It seems the rangers can't play a well rounded game. They finally do one thing, but then 4 other things are not covered. The 1st period, the defense was great, the offense took alot of shots, low qualitiy shots but no goals. Throughout the whole game there defense was great, but the offense didn't click. Maybe for more than one game in a row, they can play overall great hockey.

- PeterDragon - 10-24-2002

It wasn't a terrible game against Caps, but that doesn't matter.

they got something like 15 shots in the first period, but couldn't get it past Kolzig.
You make one mistake against Jagr, he gets it done.

Team needs to step up though. not good giving up power play goals each game.

- Lord Slug - 10-25-2002

Being the master of the obvious as I am, Rangers played well. They outshot the caps but the only thing they couldn't do is get it past olie. Get 'em next time.

- PeterDragon - 10-29-2002

Thank god for Bure, or the Rangers would really suck.

- x-file - 10-29-2002

I agree. If Bure or even Barnaby weren't with the rangers this year, I think we'd be seeing alot of scoreless games by our beloved Rangers. Can somebody remind me, Did Holik sign with the rangers? I could of swore I thought he did but I haven't seen him at all, huh weird.

- PeterDragon - 10-30-2002

Quote:Did Holik sign with the rangers?

While this is probably a reference to his poor play, he did come up somewhat lame the game before last.

And what happened to Blackburn?

- menino - 11-01-2002

They played a good game last night and should've won but khabiboulin was amazing. Lindros has to start scoring already enough with the assists. Lundmark is playing well, it was smart keeping him. All in all I still think the rangers will be decent this year.

- PeterDragon - 11-08-2002

Finally 2 good games in a row, topped by Blackburn's 1st career shutout. It seems that Blackburn got small nagging injuries just before season which threw him off.

While some trends aren't going well, there have been a couple of good developments so far this year - most notably the better play of Purinton, and the play of Michael Sammuelson & Petrovsky. Nice to see young players contributing.

Oh yeah, Mess has been playing well this season too. :thumbs-up:

- x-file - 11-08-2002

2 real good games in a row. Great Goaltending in both games. Blackburn looked real good tonight. I agree the young players are starting to play great. The player that seems to just play great no matter what line he's on is Rem Murray. That guy is a good solid hockey player. Nice to see leetch get the GW goal.

:toast:

- x-file - 11-14-2002

Okay, I am all for your big guys defending your star players when they get cheap shotted or smacked around. But what Trottier did by sending out Big Goons to take the face off when the game was over was kinda beat. I sorta got pissed because it reminded me of what Al Arbour used to due when the Isle's played us. Then I realized that Trottier is an islander and I got even more pissed. :banana:

- PeterDragon - 11-14-2002

That's hockey. I agree I wasn't too thrilled, but that's the way the game has been played forever.
Talk afterwards was that Maybe Trottier did it to show players he was backing them up.

Anyway, they went out and beat Sharks - out to early lead then hanging on.
And Rangers got rooked - Kasparitis bashed but no penalty called.

- Teenweek - 11-14-2002

Did anyone read the Ny Post yesterday, when Larry Brooks wrote that Richter suffered another concussion and the Rangers were trying to hide it.

- PeterDragon - 11-14-2002

I didn't read that article, but it had been obvious, at least to me.
you get into the subtleties of concussion vs. just precaution, but nonetheless it is a concern.
Today he is getting checked out by that neurologist who seems to be traveling with the team.

We might get to see more of Blackburn than we might have thought.

Also of concern is the slow down in production of Lindros & Bure.