CDIH
Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy (/showthread.php?tid=3799)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Hybrid - 10-15-2002

sniper was a good movie

- Arthur Dent - 10-15-2002

Just being a good shot could mean he's just an avid deer hunter, but the way he keeps getting away so easily makes me think he's got military training.

They won't catch him till he makes another mistake. Like leaving that shell casing behind.

And, yeah, while watching the live news last night, I kept expecting the reporters head to explode live on TV. :angry:

- Mad - 10-15-2002

I'd love to see him take out a reporter live on tv. That would funny as Hell and a guaranteed ratings winner.

Confuseduicide:

- Galt - 10-15-2002

Speaking of the Maryland Snipers, I predict that my aptly named fantasy football team will make a heroic turnaround this year and reach the playoffs.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 10-15-2002

I get the whole murder people for pleasure thing that's understandable. But what I don't get is why he is using .223 caliber. He should be using a higher caliber so he can have 100% death rate.

The guy is pretty smart though, I mean he's planning this next to major highways so before the police can act hes already far away.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on 1034716229

- Mad - 10-15-2002

Quote:But what I don't get is why he is using .223 caliber. He should be using a higher caliber so he can have 100% death rate.

The .223 is on the weak side. But between 50-150 yards it's more then enough if you place your shot correctly.

He fucked up last night by killing a FBI employee. Now the shit is really going to hit the fan. They are talking about using un-manned drones. Some with FLIR, Forward Looking Infrared Radar.

You can run but you can't hide from that shit. Unless you have a way to shield your body temp. Which is doable with treated BDU's. However, a hot weapon will still give you up.

Maybe it's time for him to move to another area or just kill himself?

- GonzoStyle - 10-15-2002

No offense or nothing, but it reminds me of what a comic said one time.

How the fuck does this country expect us to believe we are gonna catch, Osama Bin Laden. When it took the police department 1 year to arresst robert blake and he lived around the block from the precinct.

But eventually, everyone gets caught. Well, except DB Cooper.

- Sir O - 10-15-2002

Not to mention Zodiac.

Both of em...

- Galt - 10-15-2002

And the guy who caused AIDS

- Is Don on the phone? - 10-16-2002

First, a rant. I'm sick and tired of the fucking talking heads referring to this joker as a "serial killer." He is a spree killer-the difference being the shorter interval between acts. This shooter is not like Berkowitz, who was a serial killer, and that's another thing-if I hear another comparison of these two completely disparate cases, I'm gonna root for the sniper to start taking out the "experts" on camera.

So, what are your theories? I think the van is a wrong number; just for shits and giggles I looked for white/cream mini-vans on the way to work, and saw several. And one was spotted by a Home Depot-wow, that's like spotting white trash at a Springer show audition. And about the training - keep in mind that this is occuring in and around Virginia-lots of guns and folks who take shooting very seriously. I get the feeling that this is just some wack-a-doo with a regular weekend appointment of some sort.

- Mad - 10-16-2002

Quote:So, what are your theories?

Sniper a Middle-Eastern type?

And maybe more then one shooter(s). Think about this, how many "Middle-Eastern" types do you see each day? Are they friendly or would they rather kill you?

If it's more then one it's going to take a lot more then just the Feds/State LEO to get them. Are you willing to take the fight to them and play their game?

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-16-2002

I don't think its a Middle Easterner, I have a feeling with all the negative hype surrounding those of Arabic descent, witnesses are reporting what they feel is evil....I could be very wrong though.

- LyricalGomez - 10-16-2002

Someone needs to learn the definition of serial

se·ri·al
Responsible for a series of usually criminal acts over a period of time.

spree
A sudden indulgence in or outburst of an activity.

This is not a sudden outburst, this is calculated, this is precise, he is not doing this on the spur of the moment, he makes Damn sure he has plenty of escape routes, I would not doubt he has a police scanner and checks to see what roads they are going after.

He's not a serial killer, there's more method to serial killings, these killings are too random, serial killers usually have specific targets.

Since when? Serial simply means a series of acts...Not a series of specific acts

Serial in the dictionary perspective, but from a criminolgist perspective its different. Look at the serial killers of the past, all their victims had something in common...that's what's making the sniper ever harder to catch, the fact that there's been no pattern in his victims.

Well, these people also have something in common, they were killed in public....How is that different from soneone who only kills children, or only kills hitchhikers...Henry Lee Lucas & Ottis Toole come to mind, they killed hitchhikers, but mostly because it was easy to do...Why are they considered serial killers while this person is not?

Serial killers also kill over a long period of time. This is really more of a killing spree...serial killers would NEVER kill so frequently. I'm not 100% sure of the terminologies/technicalities, etc. though. As for it all being in public, I think for him it has more to do with opportunity than anything, serial killers have also been known to somewhat "seduce" their victims. Like look at Dahmer for example who would get his victims to his apartment before killing them, etc.

- x-file - 10-16-2002

granted this guy is a sick F. The fact that he kills people the way he does is cowardly. But For some strange reason, I think this guy is a genius. The way he eludes every law enforcement official in the state of Maryland is uncanny. This guy is a real Houdini.
:toast:

Yes, but that's how it was with the two people I mentioned..They killed Hitchikers because it was convenient, they killed a great number of people in a short period of time....It's a fine line