CDIH
How fuckin stupid people are - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: How fuckin stupid people are (/showthread.php?tid=4065)

Pages: 1 2 3

- crx girl - 11-04-2002

every cable system that i've had for the last 12 years had tvguide channel, it used to be called preview channel. it's just a whole channel of a scrolling grid, it's even on basic no box cable on my other tv :clueless:

- Goatweed - 11-04-2002

I have the tv guide channel also, but it's pretty much a waste - I just look up the listing in the paper.

- GonzoStyle - 11-04-2002

I already said we had a channel guide, just not in a grid format. It was switched to a grid format. We had a..... JESUS, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING EXPLAINING IT YET AGAIN??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

- crx girl - 11-04-2002

ok, take some deep breaths, calm down. i'm talking about a whole channel that is just a scrolling grid of 90 minutes worth of what's coming on all the channels. on my tv it's channel 51. and yes, it is pretty useless but i thought it was on all cable systems and it would've given people experience with the whole grid thing. i'm gonna shut up now before you go real life gta on my ass :thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 11-04-2002

I wonder of the channel listing is easier to read on satellite tv?

It used to just be a plain listing, no grids involved. It would show a time at the top and list the channels, 7 channels at a time for that time. Then move onto the next time, so if you wanted to see what was on now, you had to wait till it was done with another time. Or if you wanted to see what was on in 30 minutes you'd have to wait if it was not on that time.

Now we have the grids which is like excel, before it was like ms word....

please tell me you understand before my head explodes.

- HedCold - 11-04-2002

on satelitte you can pull up a grid much like on digital cable. theres no seperate channel for it

- Hybrid - 11-04-2002

digital cable rules

Yeah I seen that at my friends house, it is pretty cool.

- Goatweed - 11-04-2002

Quote:please tell me you understand before my head explodes
I understand, but can I still watch it explode? That would be kinda cool :thumbs-up:
Quote:digital cable rules
No it doesn't, it's a scam. it's not really digital. They take digital signals and downconvert them to analog sognals that their "digital" cable boxes decode. In other words, its an easy way for them to justify charging you a shitload of money for more channels.

- crx girl - 11-04-2002

yes, i understand, i don't think you understand me though :disappointed:

i'm talking about a whole seperate thing, i'm sorry i wasn't clear about that from the start, it was merely an alternate place for your cousin to learn about grids that's been around for years, but maybe it's not on cablevision, i dunno, we had it on adelphia and cablevision in florida and it's on basic tw cable.

before i got digital i didn't have any kind of on screen listings other than the tvguide channel.

and goat, before i used to pay $103 for my cable (including roadrunner) the only special thing i had was hbo. now i pay 112 and have like, 6 of every channel. so, as expensive as it is i think i was getting way more ripped off before when i had regular cable.

Quote:an alternate place for your cousin to learn about grids

If he has to learn about grids he should die.

He spent 6 years in a 2 year college, it is not just him though it's a ton of people out here.

Tricia.... <3

- crx girl - 11-04-2002

:loveya:

i looked actually and it seems you might not have tvguide channel, which would explain everyone's lack of experience with grids, what a weird place you live :-p

- Goatweed - 11-04-2002

It sounds like you got a pretty good deal - when i was price-shopping a few months ago, it seemed satellite was the way to go for channels as well as picture quality (for my needs). I think there's a DirecTV package for around $45 that gives me all the local channels, the various HBO's and Cinemax's, as well as 300 other channels - plus Dolby Digital encoding on the movie channels with a reciever upgrade (which I can get for cheap through a friend of mine). I'm more into it for the home theater aspect than I am for the gazillion channels, and I know for a fact satellite looks 1000% better on my TV than digital cable.

I said that before, we never had it. It's brooklyn we are lucky we actually get TV here period.

- Hybrid - 11-04-2002

digital cable rules. my parents pay for it. i watch it. blow me.

- crx girl - 11-04-2002

Quote:and I know for a fact satellite looks 1000% better on my TV than digital cable
well, my tv is a 20" rca that i bought in 95, so i don't think picture quality is really a factor for me

Quote:digital cable rules. my parents pay for it. i watch it.

Good for you.

Quote:blow me.

Ask them to buy that for you too.

- Hybrid - 11-04-2002

you live with your mom too, why dont you ask her for it.

Cause I pay for my cable. I live with her, I don't mooch off her.