CDIH
Tony Hawk 3 Question - PSX One - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Tony Hawk 3 Question - PSX One (/showthread.php?tid=4200)

Pages: 1 2 3

- QuickStop - 11-17-2002

r2, r2, L1, r2, up, down, up, down, up, down

- Lord Magus - 11-17-2002

Quote:magus, its the konami code. it worked for contra and gradius, among others. nintendo power also frequently called it the konami code, and when super gradius came out, they even printed up something called "the new konami code" since if you did the old one, you blew up
Again... YOU are in the same boat as Hybrid, you have ZERO ground to stand on in this argument. Again, I was THERE, you were NOT. You ask anyone around my age who had a NES when it was out what "up up down down left right left right b a b a start" is, and 95% of them will respond with "Contra code" without even flinching.
Trust me.. those of us who could be considered "gamers" in the mid-late 80's did NOT call that the "konami" code, EVER.

Oh.. and if you want to refer to print references.... since I was a member of the Nintendo Fun Club BEFORE it became Nintendo Power.. I do have a LOT of old articles I could bring the next time we go out that actually refer to THAT code being used in a new game, and do so in ways like:
"To get 10 extra continues enter the Contra Code (up up down down etc) from the title screen"

I don't even see why I'm arguing this.. the only ones disagreeing with me still had their baby teeth when this game came out.

- Sir O - 11-17-2002

But, you said the Contra code got you 99 lives. WTF?

- Hybrid - 11-17-2002

OMG MAGUS!!!
[Image: norimaro_autograph.gif]

Edited By Hybrid on 1037499526

- fbd - 11-17-2002

hey magus...did you know obi wan was a jedi master? and that gandalf is an elf, not a man

- Jack - 11-17-2002

Hey Magus.... 30 lives not 99... check your facts again Mr All Powerful Gamer... :lol:

- LyricalGomez - 11-18-2002

Magus, you can't for certain say what the code is called, I've heard people use both expressions. I remember at the classic gaming expo I saw two people having this exact argument....You can't factually say what it is called, in some circles it is and always will be known as the Contra code, in others it will always be the Konami code, to say there is one clear-cut answer is stupid.

- crx girl - 11-18-2002

i don't know what to say, i just read this thread and well, wow. :rofl:

i think we always called it contra code but, that doesn't mean other people didn't call it something else. in fact, from now on, i'm gonna call it the poppycock code :thumbs-up:

- Lord Magus - 11-18-2002

Quote:30 lives not 99
Hey jack..
30 lives times 3 continues=90 lives.. the second nine was a typo (as slash would point out in this situation, 9 and 0 are right next to each other on the keyboard)
Facts Checked.
I will concede to Gomez that the difference between "Contra code" and "konami code" can be equated to regional street slang.

And finally.. FBDhasnocluewhathe'stalkingabout
First off.. as I told you when we FIRST had this argument...the one solid FACT of Star Wars is that the films supersede any printed errata whenever the two may conflict. I also pointed out that, at the time.. the ONLY evidence of Obi Wan being a "Master" was IN the movie, and it was quite obvious that "Master *Jediname here*" was a formal mode of address, much as Doctor for physicians and "Sir" for Knights, particularly in view of the fact that at one point in the film even Annakin was addressed as "Master jedi".. grant you, Padme corrected the mistake.. but she DIDN'T say "he's not a Jedi master" she said "he's not a Jedi". Add to that the fact that Obi Wan is identified as a Jedi Knight in the original FILMS and my original argument is still proven true. Now.. if you've come across errata released since that original argument that supports your statement, I'll be happy to concede the point.. since I haven't really read any recent Star Wars articles or releases, though we could argue that unless the statement was made by Lucas himself, the fact that the original films clearly identify him as Knight are supported by the FACT that the movies take precedence over anything else.
And Gandalf an ELF??? HAHAHAHA!!!! WRONG moron.. go read some actual Tolkien, he's neither man NOR elf, he is Istari, one of the 5 Maiar spirits sent by the Valar from Valinor to Middle Earth to guide and advise the Free peoples in countering the threat of Sauron. Gandalf is commonly believed to have been a vassal of Manwe, chief of the Valar. A DIRECT quote from the Silmarillion concerning the Istari:
"Even as the first shadows were felt in Mirkwood there appeared in the west of Middle-earth the Istari, whom Men called Wizards. None knew at the time whence they were, save Cirdan of the Havens, and only to Elrond and Galadriel did he reveal that they came over the Sea. But afterwards it was said among the Elves that they were messengers sent by the Lords of the West to contest the power of Sauron, and to move Elves and Men and all living things of good will to valiant deeds. In the likeness of Men they appeared, old but vigorous, and they changed little with the years, and aged but slowly, though great cares lay upon them; great wisdom they had, and many powers of mind and hand."

Now.. if you WANT me to continue demonstrating YOUR complete lack of knowledge, by all means.. try me, I have 20 years of research into Tolkien backing me here buddy boy.

- crx girl - 11-18-2002

dude

- Hybrid - 11-18-2002

oh. my. god.

- Goatweed - 11-18-2002

note to self - never argue Tolkien or gaming with Magus. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

- Maynard - 11-18-2002

Quote:And Gandalf an ELF??? HAHAHAHA!!!! WRONG moron.. go read some actual Tolkien, he's neither man NOR elf, he is Istari, one of the 5 Maiar spirits sent by the Valar from Valinor to Middle Earth to guide and advise the Free peoples in countering the threat of Sauron. Gandalf is commonly believed to have been a vassal of Manwe, chief of the Valar.
OWNED!

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-18-2002

jesus christ, what a fucking psycho :crackhead:

- Hybrid - 11-18-2002

he's definitely an elf. there's no doubt about it. you just made all that shit up magus.

magus, i even have proof he is an elf

- JustJon - 11-18-2002

I think the only way Magus could be so knowlegable is if, in fact, Magus himself were an elf! Come on! Out with it, Elf Boy!

- Lord Magus - 11-18-2002

Quote:he's definitely an elf. there's no doubt about it. you just made all that shit up magus.
Quote:magus, i even have proof he is an elf

[Dr Evil]Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight[/Dr Evil]

- Hybrid - 11-18-2002

you're a poser fanboy. stop making up false facts.

ok think whatever you want