CDIH
Offical NY Yankees Baseball Thread - Road Back to Glory - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Offical NY Yankees Baseball Thread - Road Back to Glory (/showthread.php?tid=5249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- x-file - 02-21-2003

only 45 more days unitill first pitch....or only 45 days of George opening his big mouth about nonsense. How bout talking about the war on iraq, peace in the middle east? or even talking about....say baseball :-(

- GonzoStyle - 02-21-2003

The problem is that jeter is the yankee captain like it or not, he is the leader there and he is gonna be the leader on that team for many years to come. Don't keep on pushing him like george has done in the past with others and make them wanna leave.

- Galt - 02-21-2003

I like how Jeter's numbers get worse every single year.

- Teenweek - 02-21-2003

I like how the Red Sox always fade away every year.

- Arpikarhu - 02-21-2003

8 more weeks till nomars first injury

- Teenweek - 02-21-2003

How long until Pedro's first arm injury?

- Galt - 02-21-2003

Let's discuss the issues:

1. Yes, the Sox always have a history of starting strong and fading....given
2. Nomar is injury prone. Absolutely not. The guy's had one injury in his career. He tried to play through it for a year, and a split tendon doesn't tend to heal itself. He's fine. He'll have a head-and-shoulders better individual year than Jeter.
3. Pedro is injury prone: yup. How he made it through a year amazed me.
4. Jeter's offensive numbers have gotten worse every single year since '99. Debate? And sure, he's one 5 rings in 7 years, but then so has Ramiro Mendoza does that make him a hall-of-famer?

- x-file - 03-10-2003

I've caught like only 3 spring training games this year. Was able to see in those 3 the new cuban pitcher contreras pitch. Very shaky, he leaves alot of the plate. His curve ball just hangs there screaming to get hit. I hope this is just him getting used to big league batting. This guy is supposed to be the future.

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2003

Mets won 12-2 today. 7 straight wins. But hey, its only spring. They'll be finishing a seven game losing streak come August. Right?

- x-file - 03-11-2003

I heard Michael Kay talking about this on his show last week. He's down in tampa. He heard a rumor being talked about in yankee camp about a possible trade. Mondesi,Choate,Juan Rivera and or Nick Johnson for Brian Giles.

I say you can't trade both Johnson and Rivera. Mondesi goes no question, Choate is a good lefty, he'll pitch good on a small no pressure team not NY. I'd be willing to trade Rivera than Johnson. He won't be able to play the OF for at least 3 or 4 years with Matsui,Bernie being under contract. If Giles came also. At least Johnson has more pop on his bat little more proven.

- Keyser Soze - 03-11-2003

Yanks lost 11-1 today. Hey, its only spring training. Oh Cone has pitched 3 perfect innings and counting now, but hey thats only 3 innings. Too early to tell.

- x-file - 03-27-2003

Now that Wells has alienated his whole team, Management can't stand him, and he's pissed off steinbrenner the only guy who was in his corner....how will the fans respond to him?

Me as long as he pitches like we're used to him pitching and doesn't let that part of him be affected, then I'll cheer for him. I like him, he's a pain in the ass but you love him. People say they'll boo him when he comes onto the field at the stadium...I disagree, the fans love boomer no matter what.

- HedCold - 03-27-2003

he'll be missing starts with his bad back by july :thumbs-up:

- criticslovesnatch - 03-27-2003

Quote:Yanks lost 11-1 today. Hey, its only spring training. Oh Cone has pitched 3 perfect innings and counting now, but hey thats only 3 innings. Too early to tell.
Glavine has an ERA of nearly 7 for the spring, but hey its only spring.

Edited By criticslovesnatch on 1048798969

- HedCold - 03-27-2003

his just pitched 4 shutout innings against the cardinals :thumbs-up:

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-27-2003

down with the yankee empire, bunch of infidels

- Keyser Soze - 03-27-2003

mets rule, yanks suck. end of story. thanks for playing. goodbye.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-27-2003

i hope last place by july is fun for you guys.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-27-2003

keyser is right

face it yanks fans, its all mets this year, weve even got that whole cancer leads to victory situation starting to happen...

- Keyser Soze - 03-27-2003

no sir, im sorry you must be mistaken. mets rule, yanks drool. end of story. thanks for playing.