CDIH
Fantasy baseball hot stove talk - Want to play with us? post here. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fantasy baseball hot stove talk - Want to play with us? post here. (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-21-2002

Thanks. This sounds much better than the Smallworld thing I've been doing the past few years. They limit your trades and the salary caps were insanely low....like 30 million for the whole team.

- Keyser Soze - 02-21-2002

Unlimited trades, although you cannot trade after a certain date to prevent people from dumping their teams.

I think we will need to vote on if we are going to do an auction or a draft.

For those who don't know, auction you bid on players and we have a cap of how much you can spend on your team in total. Draft is simply you pick the best available player (or the player that will help your team the most at that stage of the draft) when your turn comes around.

- Arpikarhu - 02-21-2002

if we arent going to be in the same room i think an auction is unmanagable

- DGW - 02-21-2002

Count me in.

I'll do any type league.

Yahoo is pretty good and reliable.

Offensive categories...batting avg, HR's, SB's, RBI's, and Runs
Pitching categories...Wns, ERA, K's, Whip, and Saves

There are other categories liked Total Bases...Slugging....Shutouts....but that's up to yall.

- Keyser Soze - 02-21-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:if we arent going to be in the same room i think an auction is unmanagable
Not true. I have done auctions by chatroom many times. Its quite managable. Its an option, one that may become a neccessity since people may live miles away from each other.

- The Sleeper - 02-21-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Not true. I have done auctions by chatroom many times. Its quite managable. Its an option, one that may become a neccessity since people may live miles away from each other.
Just do a live draft, the whole salary cap thing is boring.

- DGW - 02-21-2002

Yah..Live draft. Like on a Sunday night.

- Sean Cold - 02-21-2002

live draft and count me in

- Faceman - 02-21-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:live draft and count me in
If that's true, can we get gooch to be the commish like in the hockey league? :bouncer:

- Sean Cold - 02-21-2002

Faceman Wrote:If that's true, can we get gooch to be the commish like in the hockey league? :bouncer:
Does that mean a trade of Pedro for, umm, lets say Shane Spencer would be approved?

- Faceman - 02-21-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:
Faceman Wrote:If that's true, can we get gooch to be the commish like in the hockey league? :bouncer:
Does that mean a trade of Pedro for, umm, lets say Shane Spencer would be approved?
Oh yeah because spencer is an everyday player and pedro is only a pitcher so inbyfacto spencer is more valuable

- Keyser Soze - 02-22-2002

I was going to commish the league unless someone has a strong objection to that.

- DGW - 02-22-2002

Start one up on Yahoo. How many folks are in so far?

- Arpikarhu - 02-22-2002

i'm in

- Keyser Soze - 02-22-2002

Alright. This is what i've gathered from listening to you all...

12 people interested now
head to head
all baseball (not just NL or AL)
no maximum acquisitions
no maximum trades
2 day waiver
2 day trade reject window
late trade date: august 14

1 Catcher
1 1B
1 2B
1 3B
1 SS
3 Any Outfield Position
2 Utility Players

2 Starting Pitchers
2 Relievers
3 Any Pitcher

2 DL Spots

4 Bench Spots

7 innings minimum total from pitching staff.

Offensive categories...batting avg, HR's, SB's, RBI's, and Runs
Pitching categories...Wns, ERA, K's, Whip, and Saves

We will be doing a LIVE ONLINE DRAFT in 23 days, 2 weeks before the start of the season in a chatroom that will be available over the web and also by an IRC client. This will be announced well ahead of time so you can try it and make sure you can find it and get in.

Date: Sunday, March 17, 2002
Time: 7PM EST
Place: TBA

If there are no objections, we will use these league settings.
If a majority oppose, we can easily start another one.

Here's the details to get started...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://standard.baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1">http://standard.baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1</a><!-- m -->

Click on Sign Up Now button, select JOIN PRIVATE LEAGUE, when prompted, enter this info...

League ID#: 10832
Password: chinatown

Any questions or comments post them here.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 22 2002 at 1:24

- GonzoStyle - 02-22-2002

I'm in brother.

- Spitfire - 02-22-2002

The Whale Eye's are all set for battle Big Grin :bouncer:

- Sean Cold - 02-22-2002

The Bossmen are ready to lose and booze.

- GonzoStyle - 02-22-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:The Bossmen
Fuckin egomaniac!!!!

maybe I should change my team name to the "king shits" or the salad tossers

- Arpikarhu - 02-22-2002

The Scary Bears are taking BP as we speak