CDIH
Sequels and prequels - And all that shit - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sequels and prequels - And all that shit (/showthread.php?tid=552)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 03-01-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:the book was so verbose and went into such detail during eplanations of what someone was wearing that it made me want to rip my hair out with a pair of vise-grips. it was torturous to read.
that was the whole point! people like you should stick to comic books and the post.you dont deserve to read.
You are soooo totally right. I loved the way he described people in the book.

- IkeaBoy - 03-01-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:the book was so verbose and went into such detail during eplanations of what someone was wearing that it made me want to rip my hair out with a pair of vise-grips. it was torturous to read.
that was the whole point! people like you should stick to comic books and the post.you dont deserve to read.
I missed the "what they were wearing" line oriignally but as many mentioned, it's exactly the point of the book. It's a book about materialism above all. He cares more about what the person wears than who the person actually is. There's a reason why there's like a 5 page chapter of the stereo equipment he bought one month.

- GonzoStyle - 03-02-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Must not be a Tolstoy fan then.

- IkeaBoy - 03-02-2002

In more Sequel news the new Jack Ryan movie, Sum of All Fears, is taking place during the first few months of Jack Ryan's job with the CIA which I'm not sure makes it a sequel or prequel.

- Arthur Dent - 03-04-2002

Quote:In more Sequel news the new Jack Ryan movie, Sum of All Fears, is taking place during the first few months of Jack Ryan's job with the CIA which I'm not sure makes it a sequel or prequel.

I read Sum of All Fears. Actually, I've read all of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan novels.

They have changed almost the ENTIRE story from the book.

1. Jack Ryan has been in the CIA for YEARS before this story.
2. The enemy is ISLAMIC terrorists in the book. In the movie it's Neo-Nazi's ?!?!?
3. Who the hell is Morgan Freeman playing? James Earl Jones' character is dead so it can't be him. And in the book, Jack Ryan is the Deputy Director of the CIA!! He doesn't need anyone holding his hand through an asignment.

The book was amazing with some incredible plot twists and shocking ending. From what I've seen, they've totaly gutted this story and tried to re-write it as if the Harrison Ford movies and Red October NEVER HAPPENED.

This is Hollywood bullshit that really pisses me off.

- IkeaBoy - 03-12-2002

the title for the new bond film is Die another day

- IkeaBoy - 04-16-2002

hopefully in this one they'll be allowed to refer to the potent pot-ables

Dude, where's the sequel?
Reuters
Apr 16 2002 4:01AM

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Dude, you're a star.
Twentieth Century Fox is developing a sequel to its low-budget hit comedy "Dude, Where's My Car?"

Entitled "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?," the new picture would follow the adventures of two sophomoric underachievers, played by Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott, who -- thanks to some particularly potent marijuana -- are once more comedically denied the whereabouts of their ride.

The decision seems obvious, at least on a financial level: the $14 million picture "Dude, Where's My Car?" grossed $73 million worldwide since its 2000 release.

The studio is in final negotiations to sign producers Gil Netter and Wayne Rice and screenwriter Philip Stark for the sequel. It plans to shoot the film next year during Kutcher's summer hiatus from hit sitcom "That '70s Show," where Stark formerly served as a story editor.

Edited By IkeaBoy on April 16 2002 at 3:21