CDIH
Klitchsko may now get his shot at Lewis finally. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Klitchsko may now get his shot at Lewis finally. (/showthread.php?tid=6535)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

You made me tear my hair out when you kept on saying all those disparaging remarks about the Ward & Gatti fight.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

i meant every word. i cant help it if i feel that way about the fight.

Thank god I didn't know you in the 80's, I could just imagine how you felt when talks of a Hagler Vs. Hearns rematch was in the works.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

hagler vs hearns was the greatest 3 rounds in boxing history. i still cry over what could have been if hearns hadnt broken his hand. that fight could have been the greatest sports moment ever if he had lasted a few more rounds.

pish posh, hearns is one of the most over rated fighters in the history of the game.

- PatCooper - 06-08-2003

Quote:Wherever you read that Lewis does not want tyson, they have as much boxing knowlege and sense as the arpi who likes pushing my buttons on the subject. Lewis would have retired on June 9, 2002 if not for the lucrative ideal of a fight with Tyson.
Here's the article read it for ya self.

Quote:LONDON -- World heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says Mike Tyson is scared of him and there is no chance of a rematch between the pair.

"I won't ever fight Tyson again," Lewis told British newspapers on Thursday from his training camp in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania.

"That's over. He's seriously scared of me and his time has passed," added the Briton, who will fight for the first time in more than a year when he takes on Canadian Kirk Johnson, 30, in Los Angeles on June 21.

"He (Tyson) must have had bad dreams about the beating I gave him in Memphis last June."

Lewis, 37, is widely accepted as the heavyweight champion after his eight-round demolition of former title-holder Tyson last year, although boxing politics means there are several versions of the crown held by different fighters.

The World Boxing Council may not sanction the fight with Johnson due to objections from German-based Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko, who believes he should be Lewis's opponent.

Lewis said he had banished thoughts of quitting the ring and believed he had two or three more meaningful fights left in him.

"I have been having thoughts about retirement," he told British newspapers. "A lot of different things happened to me in my year out of the ring.

"It wasn't until a few months ago that I really said 'You know what? I'm going back in there'.

"It struck me that there were two or three fights still out there for me and still within me.

"Most definitely I've been thinking about retiring on a last big super-fight -- it could be Vitali Klitschko or Roy Jones."

Jones, 34, beat John Ruiz in Las Vegas in March to win the World Boxing Association heavyweight crown, becoming the first fighter in 106 years to capture world titles at middleweight, light-heavy and heavyweight.

Lewis also said that before the 1st tyson fight. That's just trying to bait tyson, ofcourse he doesn't want Tyson to take more fights and god forbid build up a confidence or even worse muster up some of those past skills. Cause no matter how deteriorated his skills Tyson will always have the punchers chance of landing that one shot and we all know how suspect lewis's chin is to a one punch KO. No great champion, even Tyson has fallen from a one punch ko especially from some journeyman. A great champ is usually beaten and beaten and shows the heart of a champ before he is stopped, lewis both times was layed out from one punch and was almost laid out a couple other times from one shot.

Lewis wants Tyson now, the tyson who has fought one round since his last fight with Lewis. Tyson has been and always will be the biggest draw in boxing until he retires. Lewis is closing in on 40 years old, he wants to get out and he doesn't wanna wait.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

Quote:pish posh, hearns is one of the most over rated fighters in the history of the game.
i never said he wasnt, but that was a helluva 3 rounds.

- GonzoStyle - 06-09-2003

Thank you, thank you.

Lennox Lewis Vs. Vitaly Klitchsko is set for June 21st, with the title on the line.

Never doubt me.