CDIH
Star wars 2 trailer - Tonight on fox - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Star wars 2 trailer - Tonight on fox (/showthread.php?tid=740)

Pages: 1 2

- Skitchr4u - 03-11-2002

on a side note of arthur being a geek...what book would you recommend a person begin with in order to read them? i don't want to read anything i currently own, and star wars books always looked interesting, but i haven't read any of them yet.

- Sean Cold - 03-11-2002

you have to read the Timothy Zahn trilogy.

Hier To The Empire
Dark Force Rising
The last Command

It is a great story and it really goes deep into further character development since Jedi.

- Hybrid - 03-11-2002

i think the preview looks good.

- fbd - 03-11-2002

Skitchr4u Wrote:on a side note of arthur being a geek...what book would you recommend a person begin with in order to read them? i don't want to read anything i currently own, and star wars books always looked interesting, but i haven't read any of them yet.
in my opinion, start with "turce at bakura".its literally days after jedi, so you can do it chronologically, to stackpole's "x wing" series(one of the best), then "the courtship of princess leia"(major stuff goes on, but not that good), and THEN zahn's stuff, which is also some of the best.finally, kevin anderson's "jedi academy".from there, it gets all disordered and the books go down in quality until zahn's 2 next books and the current major series, "new jedi order"

saddly, i could have answered that question just as good as arthur

- Arthur Dent - 03-12-2002

Skitch,

Sean's right. The Timothy Zahn "Heir to the Empire" Trilogy is incredible. It's the real reason I like SW so much, not the films. It's also the first sequel books written. ("Splinter of the Mind's Eye" comes between SW:ANH & SW:Empire Strikes Back and doesn't really fit with the series.)

Edit - Almost forgot "Shadow of the Empire" which comes between Empire and Return of the Jedi. Good story because it explains how Luke goes from leaving in the middle of his training in Empire to being able to call himself a Jedi Knight in Return of the Jedi, something that was never explained in the movies.

Chronologically, it's:

Truce at Bakurha
Courtship of Princess Leia
-Heir to the Empire
-Dark Fleet Rising
-The Last Command
then all the rest.

If you go to Amazon.com and search for Star Wars, there are lists of all the Star Wars novels and the comic books arranged in chronological order according to the story. They go back all the way to the Dark Horse comics "Sith Wars" which are about 1 or 2 thousand years before the movies up to the newest series.

Edited By Arthur Dent on Mar. 12 2002 at 09:11

- IkeaBoy - 03-12-2002

here's the poster. NIce to see one of Peter Griffin's kids in it.

[Image: ep2.jpg]