CDIH
Ok, So I just saw the new Clay Aiken music video - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ok, So I just saw the new Clay Aiken music video (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 11-13-2003

I have something very intelligent, thought provoking and factually based to post. The only problem is I don't feel like posting a long winded thesis.

So

jays is wrong, trust me.

- HedCold - 11-13-2003

jays is way to defensive about this whole thing

- Galt - 11-13-2003

that's because he's a self-hating homo

- The Jays - 11-13-2003

Exactly.

- The Jays - 11-13-2003

Quote:But the fact that they aren't creative enough to express their own feelings makes them less a talent than people who can write, play, and sing.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion, much like mine is. So, in response to Gonzo's post, I am not wrong because opinions are never wrong. There has been no factual evidence in this thread from either side.

Quote:Come on? Are you drawing comparisons between people like Clay Aitken and people like Sting, Dylan, Lennon, and Dave Matthews?

No, I was drawing comparisons from those who strictly sing, not those who write and sing. You called into question the validity of "singer as artist", and, from this thread, the one question that needs to be answered is "Is a singer emotionally involved with the music he/she sings?", and neither one of us has the evidence that says yes of no.

- Black Lazerus - 11-13-2003

The Jays Wrote:
Quote:But the fact that they aren't creative enough to express their own feelings makes them less a talent than people who can write, play, and sing.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion, much like mine is. So, in response to Gonzo's post, I am not wrong because opinions are never wrong. There has been no factual evidence in this thread from either side.

Quote:Come on? Are you drawing comparisons between people like Clay Aitken and people like Sting, Dylan, Lennon, and Dave Matthews?

No, I was drawing comparisons from those who strictly sing, not those who write and sing. You called into question the validity of "singer as artist", and, from this thread, the one question that needs to be answered is "Is a singer emotionally involved with the music he/she sings?", and neither one of us has the evidence that says yes of no.
dude I have a cousin who sings and writes songs she just wrote a song for Usher and wrote on for faith.
people who have to write there own songs do a hell of a lot more work than a person just singing it. she is in the studio and writing songs ever damn day. a person who just sings just shows up and sings there is no stuggle to make the song fit them they just sing.
don't you ever talk back to me boy

Quote:I am not wrong because opinions are never wrong.
ok hitler wasn't exactly wrong but everone says he was

- The Jays - 11-13-2003

Quote:a person who just sings just shows up and sings there is no stuggle to make the song fit them they just sing.

How do you know that? You're basing your arguement on the point of view of a songwriter, of course they only see the singer show up and belt out a song. What about the singer's workday? Wheres the evidence from the point of view that counts? Show me a singer who says, "Yeah, I just go to the studio for a few hours and sing what they tell me to sing, how they want me to sing it, I really don't reflect on it that much." Then I'll change my opinion.

Quote:don't you ever talk back to me boy

Wasn't talking to you to begin with.

Quote:ok hitler wasn't exactly wrong but everone says he was

Now I've killed six million jews. The thread is closed, the circle is complete.

The Jays Wrote:
Quote:ok hitler wasn't exactly wrong but everone says he was

Now I've killed six million jews. The thread is closed, the circle is complete.
This post won me over, jays is correct.

- Keyser Soze - 11-13-2003

It takes talent to sing. It takes even more talent to write your own music and sing. Singing someone elses music is pretty lame, I do it for a number of reasons. Its a good place to start, I gained valuable contacts and opened doors that were previously not available to me. I think every musicians goal should be to write and record their own music and not sing something someone else writes for them.

Sinatra didnt write his own tunes

Yeah but Sinatra was an icon. He transcended all the rules.

- Galt - 11-13-2003

GonzoStyle Wrote:Sinatra didnt write his own tunes
exactly

kind of makes you think of "my way" in a whole 'nother light.

sinatra was an icon, shut your fuckin mouth!!!!

Sammy Davis Jr. wrote his songs.

name me a sammy davis jr song...

see ya next week.

GonzoStyle Wrote:name me a sammy davis jr song...

see ya next week.
Sammy Davis Jr
Hey There
Hey there you with the stars in your eyeslove never made a fool of you, you used to be too wise.Hey there you on that high flying cloudtho' she won't throw a crumb to youyou think someday she'll come to you.Better forget her, her with her nose in the airshe has you dancing on a string, break it and she won't care.Won't you take this advice I hand you like a brotheror are you not seeing things too clearare you too much in love to hearis it all going in one ear and out the other.Better forget her, her with her nose in the airshe has you dancing on a string, break it and she won't care.Won't you take this advice I hand you like a brotheror are you not seeing things too clearare you too much in love to hearis it all going in one ear and out the other.

- GonzoStyle - 11-14-2003

Vanilla Ice wrote some songs too.

Name me a sammy davis song which people would hear and say... hey thats that song sammy davis wrote.

- Mad - 11-14-2003

The Candy Man

Sammy Davis Jr.

Candy Man, Hey Candy Man
Everybody gather around and listen because,
I'm the Candy Man

Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two
The Candy Man, oh the Candy Man can
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good

Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in the sky