CDIH
Gay Marriage - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gay Marriage (/showthread.php?tid=8556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Goatweed - 02-18-2004

I agree, let them marry/join/unite.

- Splatterpunk - 02-18-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:Plus with the divorce rate as high as it is they should outlaw most straight marriages is what they should do, like get rid of those drive thru chapels in vegas, anyone who gets married in a drive thru doesn't have a good start to holy matrimony.
Not necessarily true. We got married in 5 minutes last year, but we'd been together years beforehand. The only reason we did the Vegas thing was because the rest of the hoopls that goes with getting married is a pain in the ass and unnecessary.

The Drive-through was more expensive than the way we did it. We had to park the car and go in to get hitched. And the couple hundred we did pay was voluntary, because the pastor who married us was very cool.

Anyway, it was worth it for the road trip and the unhassledness. And my marriage is awesome so far, though it's only 3 months old. We kept a journal of the whole trip and we were just reading it the other night.

All the same, I see your point.

Britney Spears is a good example of why not to have Vegas options.

I'm for gay marriage. It's obscene that it's against the law. San Francisco rocks.

- GonzoStyle - 02-18-2004

Goatweed is gonna leave his wife and marry 60feet.

- The Sleeper - 02-18-2004

it's really amazing how archaic some of our laws are. isn't interracial marriage still illegal in alabama?

well.. it's alabama they are still living in 1840

- Goatweed - 02-18-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:Goatweed is gonna leave his wife and marry 60feet.
you read my mind!!!

- Black Lazerus - 02-18-2004

I don't see how any marrage law dosen't violate separation of church and state laws.

Edited By Black Lazerus on 1077129346

Black Lazerus Wrote:I don't see how any marrage law dosen't separation of church and state.
I don't see how you graduated high school.

:lol:
He just left out the "violate". And I agree, laws messing with your sex life or who you marry are in violation. On what basis do they claim authority?

On the fact that the marriage laws and licenses pass through govermental bodies.

Theocracies in sheep's clothing.

Well the whole idea that homosexuality is wrong and homosexuals shouldn't marry is based on the bible

- Arpikarhu - 02-18-2004

you do all realize that the true debate has nothing to do with morality and is all about money? the insurance lobby is pushing pols hard to vote against all of this because it will cost them a mint if a high risk group like gays are all of a sudden added to the insurance rolls through marriage.

what sort of insurance benefits do you get through marriage?

Arpikarhu Wrote:you do all realize that the true debate has nothing to do with morality and is all about money? the insurance lobby is pushing pols hard to vote against all of this because it will cost them a mint if a high risk group like gays are all of a sudden added to the insurance rolls through marriage.
those gays make aids, you are right.

You can get your spouse's coverage, if it's better than your own, or if you have none yourself. Unless you're legally married, you can't... or at least, not everywhere. In some places, you can if you're common-law, I think.

- Gooch - 02-18-2004

sleeper may not only room with slash, but tie the knot

- Black Lazerus - 02-18-2004

If this goes through then we all should invest in any new proctological drugs.

or AZT