CDIH
Trinidad is back! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Trinidad is back! (/showthread.php?tid=9430)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:fifty bucks? its a bet!
it's a bet.

and don't worry you've proven that I know nothing about boxing so you not only will be a mod but proven me wrong twice.
it will be doubly sweet!!

i hope Undecided

- GonzoStyle - 10-02-2004

indeed it will, trinidad has been off for almost 4 years. Mayorga has the tools to beat him but he doesn't utilize them too often, he's too macho at times and thats his downfall most times. He whooped Vernon Forrest back to back times but failed against Cory Spinks for the simple reason that while spinks is extremely talented Mayorga chose to show off too much that he has a granite chin and wanted to trade toe to toe and spinks boxed circles around him instead while Mayorga waited and threw one punch at a time.

Trinidad had one fight after the Hopkins massacre and it was a cream puff to rebuild his confidence, instead he decided to retire. Hopkins was his first defeat and we still don't know if he is over that, a loss can completely change a fighter who was viewed as invincible. Plus theres the issue of ring rust, it can become a vicious back and forth bomb fest in which its a coin toss since both men have amazing power. Or Trinidad who is a great boxer in his own right can box out a decision, Trinidad gets knocked down easily cause he squares up at times when he loads up, he's been down almost a dozen times in his career but rarely was hurt until the hopkins fight, oscar stunned him a few times but never had him in danger. Mayorga has a granite chin so thats why I picked trinidad by decision, Felix has the ability to KO him as Mayorga has the ability to KO felix but I don't see it cause it'll probably be a more cautious fight the first half with some moments of excitement in the second half.

There's also the mental toll of very serious rape charges against Mayorga back in Nicaragua, he also was almost sent back cause he missed a court date so who knows what mental toll thats taken on him. This happened after the fight was announced though so it wasnt a factor when the Trinidad camp made the match.

Its an interesting fight and an interesting choice for Felix.

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

i am making my member purge list right now!

Bad maybe mod!!!

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

you just made the list, fucko!!!!

What sucks is that Showtime has a fight card the same night, they have boxing the first saturday of every month so it came out on the same weekend as the trinidad fight.

Its a pretty decent fight card too.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. DaVarryl Williamson
Vernon Phillips vs. Kassim Ouma
Jeff Lacy vs. Syd Vanderpool

I am most interested in the Jeff Lacy fight, I been following Lacy since his debut after the 2000 olympics and he's showed promise most of the way. He has a killer left hook and power with both hands, this may be his big break-thru fight. Exciting fighter most of the time and possibly the future of boxing.

Arpikarhu Wrote:you just made the list, fucko!!!!
You wouldn't!!!

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

i like cards. rummy is a particular favorite.

Arpikarhu Wrote:i like cards. rummy is a particular favorite.
Go to bed right now, cause that was just really, really dissapointing.

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

what? the whole making sets thing and suited runs is alot of fun.

- HedCold - 10-02-2004

he's got you there

he's got ugatz, I hope you feel deep shame for your post after a good nights sleep.

- HedCold - 10-02-2004

oh man, when someone throws out a card you need but its not your turn, so now you have to go for a whole new set, what a heart breaker!

I hope you're on the purge list.

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

HedCold Wrote:oh man, when someone throws out a card you need but its not your turn, so now you have to go for a whole new set, what a heart breaker!
that is truly one of the most depressing things in the world.
i hate when you get tired of waiting for a card and breakup a set and then the card you wanted shows up. frustrating!!

damn your infectious ramblings, who's gonna join me at yahoo games for some gin.

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

i prefer vodka with just a breath of vermouth.

you'll need some when Trinidad beats Mayorga tonight.

- Arpikarhu - 10-02-2004

ha!

- diceisgod - 10-03-2004

Where is this thing standing now? Is the real fight going to go off at around 11 like usual?