CDIH
Dumbest Events In Television History - a quiz - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dumbest Events In Television History - a quiz (/showthread.php?tid=9806)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Danked - 12-28-2004

Quote:5. January 5-6, 2002, CNN
I'm gonna go ahead and guess "Nigger" Ennis.

- Sir O - 12-28-2004

Quote:I'm gonna go ahead and guess "Nigger" Ennis.

Nope...wasn't that FOX?

The CNN one I'd be shocked if anyone gets...I'd never even heard of it before.

- HedCold - 12-28-2004

what was "Nigger" Ennis? I don't remember that

- Galt - 12-28-2004

It's taking me all the strength I have to not google these results. I've very curious

- Sir O - 12-28-2004

[Image: typo.jpg]

It was MSNBC.

Quote:Niger Innis, Republican consultant, conservative strategist, National Spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality, was being interviewed by Gregg Jarrett on MSNBC when his name was slightly misspelled beneath his image. Instead of reading Niger Innis it read…well…Nigger Innis.
The producers of the show only caught the misspelling only after it was broadcast on-air.
Innis was on to make excuses for former Enron Chairman Kenneth Lay's decision not to testify before a Senate committee.
Gregg Jarrett, who was interviewing Innis, mentioned the mistake on-air after the commercial break.
"Let me offer a profuse apology from this network," Jarrett told Innis. "We accidentally misspelled your name in the last hour and we are terribly sorry."
Innis appeared to take the mistake in a fashion typical of your stereotypical African-American Republican consultant.
"Oh, God, I thought you guys thought I was a rapper or something," Uncle Tom Innis told Jarrett with a perfect impersonation of Willie Best , the buck-eyed, forever-terrified 'Coon' made famous in so many Bob Hope comedies. "Media bias continues - just kidding. It's not the first time it's happened, but hopefully it's the last."

- Galt - 12-28-2004

Sir O Wrote:Innis appeared to take the mistake in a fashion typical of your stereotypical African-American Republican consultant.
"Oh, God, I thought you guys thought I was a rapper or something," Uncle Tom Innis told Jarrett with a perfect impersonation of Willie Best , the buck-eyed, forever-terrified 'Coon' made famous in so many Bob Hope comedies. "Media bias continues - just kidding. It's not the first time it's happened, but hopefully it's the last."
where do you fucking get your news? Talk about an agenda

- Sir O - 12-28-2004

It was the first hit I got from a Google search...and I just found it funny. (it's from8bm.com, a site I've never seen before)

- Sir O - 12-28-2004

Hints:

#7 is a character
#5 is a promotion
#4 involves alien-hunter extraordinaire Jackie Gleason
#1 involves an extremely popular movie

I think you got the rest...

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-28-2004

i was always under the impression that the Heidi Bowl was not a monday night football game.

- Sir O - 12-28-2004

Quote:i was always under the impression that the Heidi Bowl was not a monday night football game.

What, don't networks normally show children's movies at midnight?

Oh, they don't. Sunday afternoons, however...

- Galt - 12-28-2004

ahhhhh, that's it. I'm a moron. I wouldda gotten that one too.

- Sir O - 12-29-2004

7. September 22, 1979-September 6, 1986, ABC - Scrappy Doo

5. January 5-6, 2002 - CNN was promoting Paula Zahn's new show with a stupid new commercial.

"Paula Zahn Now is informative blah blah blah...and just a little bit sexy."

This was followed by a short sound effect of a vinyl record skipping, which supposedly sounded like a zipper unzipping. Apparently this pissed off a bunch of people who were shocked - shocked I tells ya, that they'd use sex to sell a news program. This sounds dumb, but 5th dumbest ever?

4. January 20, 1961, CBS - "You're In The Picture" with Jackie Gleason (celebrities stick their heads into a hole in a painting of a scene or historical person, and have to find out what the scene or person is by asking questions. Sounds incredibly stupid.)

1. November 17, 1978, CBS - Star wars holiday special

- fbd - 12-29-2004

whats so wrong with scrappy?

- Sir O - 12-29-2004

Scooby Doo was the most popular cartoon on TV, when out of nowhere they introduce Scrappy and basically killed off the entire gang except for Shaggy. Ratings dropped significantly losing almost their teen and adult fanbase, and it is almost universally seen as when Scooby Doo Jumped The Shark

- GonzoStyle - 12-29-2004

I loved scrappy doo!!

- Goatweed - 12-29-2004

you would

- GonzoStyle - 12-29-2004

They had the captain caveman cartoons in the middle!!!

CAAAAP-TAAAAAAAAAIN CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-VE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

- Goatweed - 12-29-2004

I'm starting to worry about you.

- fbd - 12-29-2004

starting? i've been worrying about him for 4 years now

- Goatweed - 12-29-2004

did you know that he shoots loads onto his own face?!?!