CDIH
Can i start a thread here? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Hole (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Cell # 2 (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Can i start a thread here? (/showthread.php?tid=986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- FNMoron - 03-28-2002

Galt Wrote:Are we not supposed to talk about the big surprise party here?
there's no suprise... everyone knows maynard's a dick!!!

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Is this the 'Start a Thread Learning Center'?

If it is, where do I sign up and how much does tuition cost?

- Keyser Soze - 03-28-2002

Luna, the first step is admitting you have a chat thread problem.

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Luna, the first step is admitting you have a chat thread problem.
Oh ok...so, you are the Professor. :thumbs-up:

Teach me the way, Professor Keyser.

Learn me up, yo. Big Grin

Lesson 1:

Don't start a thread using a gimmick.

Examples...

1) Pass The Time thread.
2) What I Had For Lunch thread.
3) Questions
4) Music Monstrosities.

to name a few.

Thats just lazy posting. If you don't have anything to say, wait until you do to say something. I'm guilty of it, we all are, but trying to change is whats important.

- Luna - 03-28-2002

::raises hand::

Professor Keyser, can you give me a few example of a good thread? I'm all ears. Big Grin

LunaBabe Wrote:::raises hand::

Professor Keyser, can you give me a few example of a good thread? I'm all ears. Big Grin
I sure can.

Believe it or not, Maynard actually starts some decent threads. What makes a good thread? A good thread stimulates more than just a one sentance answer. I requires some thought on the part of the respondant and a bit of explanation and content. An example is Freaky Dreams

Only a 2 pager but the quality of the responses and the content to noise ratio in that thread is in the sweet spot.

A few other examples of good threads....

How to sexually gratify a woman - Excellent topic, everyone can play along. Informative and well thought out initial post, even if he did steal it from somewhere else.

Selling Out - Another interesting topic, well thought out responses from people who have different opinions on the topic. Interesting use of a visual to initiate the thread.

Hope that helps.

- Hey Ladi - 03-28-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:[A good thread stimulates more than just a one sentance answer. I requires some thought on the part of the respondant and a bit of explanation and content. An example is [URL=http://www.cdih.net/cgi-bin/TheBoard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=979]

Only a 2 pager but the quality of the responses and the content to noise ratio in that thread is in the sweet spot.
Woo Hooo :bouncer: That was mine! :thumbs-up:

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Ok, Professor Keyser, so...let me see if I got this straight.

Any thread that pleases you and what you enjoy reading and responding to is a good thread for all, is that correct? :clueless:

Edited By LunaBabe on Mar. 28 2002 at 11:24

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Because of course people, you know that Keyser is the message board god. It's up to him to decide what threads are good threads, and what content is good. If he disagrees, then no one else is allowed to like something.

Luna, you're bad for liking the questions game. Bad bad poster. We are all here to please Keyser. After all, he wrote the book on how a message board should work.

What? There is no book? Well, I guess he hasn't finished it yet.

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Maynard Wrote:Luna, you're bad for liking the questions game. Bad bad poster. We are all here to please Keyser. After all, he wrote the book on how a message board should work.
I know I am bad. Tie me up & burn me at the stake.
I will never be able to please Professor Keyser and that is my sole purpose in life....to please Professor Keyser.

I am very bad. Please...please...somebody put me out of my misery now.....I beg of you. Confuseduicide:

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Quote:Tie me up & burn me at the stake.
Can I tie you up and give you MY stake instead?Wink

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Maynard Wrote:
Quote:Tie me up & burn me at the stake.
Can I tie you up and give you MY stake instead?Wink
Uh...wouldn't we have to get Professor Keyser's approval first? :clueless:

I'm flattered you think what is supposed to be my opinion is supposed to be gospel. I'm just expressing what my feelings are, you don't have to agree with them. What you should do is point out reasons, like I have, why your opinion has merit.

- Hey Ladi - 03-28-2002

Quote:What you should do is point out reasons, like I have, why your opinion has merit.
I like the conversation threads, because they are like slow moving chats. You can go away & come back and not miss anything. The games are fun, where work is not.

Serious topics all the time can bring you down, even fun/serious topics get old. I come here to be distracted, and playing in so called stupid threads, does it for me.

A good Short Bus ass-kicking game is good too. They relieve stress. Confusedpits:

Hey Ladi, I can feel where you are coming from. I just hate when the gimmick threads start becoming the majority of threads on the board. I think many other people on the board share your feelings and the board is whatever the people make it. I'm in the minority here, I'm not saying my way is the right way, its just my opinion.

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:I'm flattered you think what is supposed to be my opinion is supposed to be gospel. I'm just expressing what my feelings are, you don't have to agree with them. What you should do is point out reasons, like I have, why your opinion has merit.
Well, for starters, I really put an effort into the "Live & Let Live" motto.
For example: What works for one person may not actually work for another person...What is fun for one person may not really be fun for another person..( I am sure you get the idea).

If I don't really like a topic or feel I have nothing to add or don't feel like sharing my opinions of said topic I go elsewhere.
I don't have to post in it.
I have a choice.

- Hey Ladi - 03-28-2002

Quote:I just hate when the gimmick threads start becoming the majority of threads on the board
Yes, as fun as they are, when they won't die and are on their 6th round, something might be wrong. Time for a new game.

Sometimes it's bound to feel like we have discussed everything. But not true, some weeks we just need to rest & think of new 'serious' topics. We can't be interesting all the time. Wink

I post in threads I hate to stir it up a bit. You shouldn't take ANYTHING on this board seriously. I just like topics that stir up discussion and content. Doesn't have to be serious, it should just elicit more than a quick response. That just my feeling on it. If I defile a thread I don't like, thats just me. Usually i'm just trying to poke fun at the topic, I don't think i've ever gone overboard and completely ruined the fun for everyone else.

- Luna - 03-28-2002

Hey Ladi Wrote:
Quote:What you should do is point out reasons, like I have, why your opinion has merit.
I like the conversation threads, because they are like slow moving chats. You can go away & come back and not miss anything. The games are fun, where work is not.

Serious topics all the time can bring you down, even fun/serious topics get old. I come here to be distracted, and playing in so called stupid threads, does it for me.

A good Short Bus ass-kicking game is good too. They relieve stress. Confusedpits:
And Ladi hits the nail right on the head! BINGO!!!!!

Very well said, Ladi. :thumbs-up:

I come here to have a little fun and interact with others.
I work alone at home and it is a fun distraction for me.

Edited By LunaBabe on Mar. 28 2002 at 12:05