CDIH
Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=9473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-21-2004

i thought you dont read my posts.

and there was one fatality. some girl from Emerson College got shot in the chest by "non lethal" ammunition, and died at about 1245pm today.

i have some pictures from the gathering near fenway that i will upload shortly.

OMG YANKEE FANS DONT RIOT, RED SOX FANS ARE THE WORST!!! i said it so none of you yankee fans will.

- GonzoStyle - 10-22-2004

Well I had to see your zingers about the sox, I promise to continue ignoring you elsewhere.

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

i am able to completely discount all of galts comments because he is no fan of either team. he openly dislikes the yanks and he gave up on the team he purports to root for. anyone who would give up on his team is no fan to begin with. hell. with 2 outs in the ninth i was still thinking the yanks could come back.

all in all, good for the sox, they earned it. i will pray that they lose in the series.

and gonzo is right, 2005 IS THE YEAR OF THE YANKS!!!!!!!

- The Sleeper - 10-22-2004

great quote from arpi the steinbrenner shill, circa february 2004:

Quote:as for pitching browns and vasquez's numbers were better than clemens and pettites.

Atleast pettite didn't smash his elbow into a wall.

- Keyser Soze - 10-22-2004

Quote:
Quote:everytime a team goes down 3-0, the yankees will be mentioned.

forever, the 2004 yankees will be known as the biggest choke in the
history of sports.

today, you dont get to talk about 26 championships, today is the day
when fans of every team can bask in the catastrophic defeat of a
franchise that, often smugly and arrogantly, buys its way to a pennant
year in and year out.

today is the day the yankees get to know what the rest of the world feels like.

Do you even enjoy life? Do you spend your days in misery, but basking in the knowledge that all of your failures in your life can be blamed on someone else?

It's a fucking sport. Fans who are spending today on suicide watch because the Yankees lost are just as bad as fans like you who celebrate, not that the Red Sox won, but that the Yankees lost. You're ready to declare Oct 20 a national holiday, and why? Because, in your mind, you've found a way to blame the Yankees for EVERYTHING wrong in your life.

wow, talk about projecting. im just enjoying seeing the yankees lose for once, and in epic fashion.

Quote:
Quote:the catastrophic defeat of a
franchise that, often smugly and arrogantly, buys its way to a pennant
year in and year out.

hey genius, Yanks didn't get the pennant yesterday. Pay attention to yourself.

surprise, surprise, money doesnt always buy you championships, but fuck all if they wont keep trying, and spending.

Quote:Spending alot of money certainly helps, but it don't guarantee shit. How long are you gonna keep complaining about it? Besides, you're a walking contradiction; you've admitted before that you wish you had a person like George Steinbrenner who would spend money for the Mets.

that was exactly my point, it doesnt guarantee anything, but it does give you a distinct advantage, and how is it a contradiction that i wish the Mets had that same advantage?

me thinks the yankee protests too much

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1098408802

Jays is very passionate.

its a fucking sport gonzo!

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:great quote from arpi the steinbrenner shill, circa february 2004:

Quote:as for pitching browns and vasquez's numbers were better than clemens and pettites.
if you look at their numbers prior to my post, i was right. plus, pettites elbow exploded this season as predicted.

No its not man, its fuckin life man, my life!!!

Cause when I refer to the yankees I say "we" cause I am a part of the team man, you dont know!!!!

I care more than as much as a rod and everyone else, cause even though he makes 25 million a year I am sure he's just sitting around his mansion in tears cause his life sucks!!! He's just like me and I can relate.

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

i have noticed that met fans spend more time rooting against the yankees than rooting for their team. by-product of following a team that is owned by someone who is either such a bad marketer that they cant raise money in the largest market or would rather pocket the money than build a winning team.

- Galt - 10-22-2004

Brown and Vazquez were upgrades over Clemens and Pettite by pretty much any statistical measure.

Brown was as good as Clemens but wasn't intent on hanging out with his kids in Texas. Vazquez had been better than Pettite and was about 5 years younger. I was shocked by their collapse.

Given that fact, and the fact that Giambi didn't play all year, this is a team that should have destroyed everyone.

But the Yankees had bad luck. FINALLY. Good. Fuck them.

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

gene michaels was right, giambi has no heart. i read somewhere that the yankees are so stunned with his physical collapse that they are trying to get out of his contract.

Arpikarhu Wrote:i have noticed that met fans spend more time rooting against the yankees than rooting for their team. by-product of following a team that is owned by someone who is either such a bad marketer that they cant raise money in the largest market or would rather pocket the money than build a winning team.
i agree with the second part of your statement. i root just as hard for the mets to win as i do for the yanks to lose, but i agree with your assessment of mets ownership for sure.

- Galt - 10-22-2004

I have a theory that they discovered something so bad that they just benched him this year. Kind of like James Caan and Lattimer in The Program

Like he was on coke or heroin or horse tranquilizers. "Not on this team" they said. He said he was off it, but then they found out he was lying and so they came up with this bullshit "parasite" story so they could bench him for the year and not ruin his career and reputation.

World Series be damned. The New York Yankees don't stand for facial hair, let alone heavy drug use.

im sure theres plenty of players who do coke, but you'd be a fool to think giambi is not going through steroid widthdrawl.

has anyone seen mcgwire lately?

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1098412761

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:im sure theres plenty of players who do coke, but you'd be a fool to think giambi is not going through steroid widthdrawl.

has anyone seen mcgwire lately?
mcgwire actually doesnt look so bad. thinner, but okay. the difference is that he took a powdered supplement that wasnt a full-on anabolic steroid. the insinuations from the Balco situation is that giambi was using full strength from the needle shit.

- Galt - 10-22-2004

I think the Yankees are retards if they sign Beltran. More offense is the last thing they need. They should sign every pitcher they can find.

How anyone can say that brown was an improvement over clemens and vasquez was an improvement over pettite, I can not even understand. A replacement, yes, an improvement, no.

Naturally Clemens wasn't their choice to let go but lets not get carried away.

- Arpikarhu - 10-22-2004

Galt Wrote:I think the Yankees are retards if they sign Beltran. More offense is the last thing they need. They should sign every pitcher they can find.
as a yankee fan i have come to expect that in 2005 it will be all of the above.