CDIH
Hoon Vs. Next Best Thing Lumberjack match thread...... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hoon Vs. Next Best Thing Lumberjack match thread...... (/showthread.php?tid=12101)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- faceman802 - 10-16-2006

sure, if chess were a synonym for "stealing other people's ideas and making them your own"

- GonzoStyle - 10-16-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:Well I honestly see both sides of the argument. This board and the other board are different, its all down to the people who run it and what types of rules they install. I felt that in the end there really should be little to no rules and everyone should be free to speak their minds. Though I also see the benefits of having a set of rules, as to what can or can not be discussed, there will always be pros and cons and people for or against either one. A lot of people didnt like that there were no rules here.

So if a board has rules, I think they should be followed, so I agree with hoon in that sense. You are a member and can choose to not be if you do not like the rules.

Is the rule stupid? I think it is very stupid, so I agree with ken in that sense. If you choose to post an IM, a picture, or whatever other personal shit, you are now open to ridicule for it, as well as praise. So if you can take the compliments on your kid, you should take the negatives as well. What is attractive, funny, interested, etc. to one person, is not to another. That is why you can never please the entire board, everyone has their own idea of what should be discussed, what shouldn't, how it should be run, etc.

I think its a dumb thing to throw a hissy like that cause someone said your kid was ugly. Argue with that person, discuss it but dont censor them.

But the final say is that the people who run the board, want that rule set in that way. So its a stupid rule but it's the rule and you can question it but that's how it is.

that was posted before your post, fuckfaceman.

HedCold Wrote:
faceman802 Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
faceman802 Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:yeah i agree with face, you should re-write the rule because its basically saying what I have said. If you make your shit public, you are open to ridicule. I wouldnt in a million years, read that rule as anything but "dont post something if you cant stand being ridiculed for it, like pictures, personal info, etc." So if you dont want people mocking you for cumming on your own face, dont talk about it.

Dude, I fucking said that before you did. check the post. Fucking mods and their power trips

yeah hence why I said "I agree with face" douchebag.

But you were basically saying what I already said so therefore your statement should have been, you should rewrite the rule because its basically saying what face has already said before my sorry ass said it. or words to that effect

then he wouldn't be playing chess with his posts

and I was playin chess cause I was a page ahead of the whole though process, learn it punk!

sorry, I just read the first page and the last post before mine... the rest is like those innards stuffed inside a chicken that everyone except for nigs, throw away.

I still love you

oh man, first I own galt and now face, all that is left is goat and I shall rule the world!

*world

*this board

you still dont have as much traffic as the doors board

BOOYAH, in the Hoon scoring system that about evens it up

- Goatweed - 10-16-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:oh man, first I own galt and now face, all that is left is goat and I shall rule the world!

can't we rule together? I don't wanna fight my brother!!!

- Luna - 10-16-2006

Hoon Wrote:now you're flat out lying ken.

there is a rule and it's stated in the posting guidlines at the top of the page.
... and that rule only came about when wskybar was trashing JayO's kids. All of a sudeen it became a rule and a thread was made about it: Unwritten Rule in now Written.

The fact of the matter is that if you are a perfect courtier you can get away with ANYTHING and your questionable behavior is explained away by those in charge. If you ARE NOT a perfect courtier you best be prepared for gang-ups, having your pictures posted and mocked, pretty much an anything goes if you are not favored.

Goatweed Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:oh man, first I own galt and now face, all that is left is goat and I shall rule the world!

can't we rule together? I don't wanna fight my brother!!!

You will not take her from me!!!

Luna Wrote:

there is a rule and it's stated in the posting guidlines at the top of the page.
... and that rule only came about when wskybar was trashing JayO's kids. All of a sudeen it became a rule and a thread was made about it: Unwritten Rule in now Written.

The fact of the matter is that if you are a perfect courtier you can get away with ANYTHING and your questionable behavior is explained away by those in charge. If you ARE NOT a perfect courtier you best be prepared for gang-ups, having your pictures posted and mocked, pretty much an anything goes if you are not favored.

um, what's a courtier, im too lazy to google it

- Luna - 10-16-2006

Hoon Wrote:he wasn't treated any differently than I was when I told Skye to go fuck herself after she'd warned me to shut up 3 times.
hooo hooo, I remember that... I was the one you were calling a cunt over and over.

- Hoon - 10-16-2006

faceman802 Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:
faceman802 Wrote:Question:Doesn't this rule

Don't be a drama Queen/King
If you post your business you are putting it out there for anyone to comment on. Make sure you can take it.

override this rule?
Please note that dragging members children into the trolling arena is not allowed
no, we have people who bitch about cursing and and members calling them dildo's. that rule is meant for them.

the child rule is specifically stated and isn't overridden by anything.

um no it doesnt. The rule states that if you put something out there yourself and it gets commented on, TAKE IT. It doesn't say, dont complain about cursing or what not.

except when it comes to members children - which is specific in the guidelines. the no drama and ignore feature are encouraged when people like ken get on weaker members cases. they are adults and we're not going to protect them.

see, ken understands that when he doesn't like soemthing like, jokes about hsi mother, people lay off him. what he doesn;t understand is when people don't like others commenting on pictures of their two year old... that they should just suck it up.

- Hoon - 10-16-2006

Luna Wrote:

that's not the way it is.
but you have to pretend it is becauyse you aren't treated specially.

and you are not privy to warnings issued in private. but i can understand your moral obligation to pretend you are aware of those warnings and who they go to.

- Black Lazerus - 10-16-2006

can someone sum this fight up to me in 25 words or less.

- Ken'sPen - 10-16-2006

except when it comes to members children - which is specific in the guidelines

did NBT DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG the kid into the convo?

or did dawn DRAAAAAAAAAAAAG them into it, by posting a picture?

- Hoon - 10-16-2006

yes.

you're a boss, right?
you know those people who bitch and complain no matter what you do for them or don't do to them?

that's ken and luna.

- Black Lazerus - 10-16-2006

Hoon Wrote:yes.

you're a boss, right?
you know those people who bitch and complain no matter what you do for them or don't do to them?

that's ken and luna.

thanks hoon i do know the type and most of them have been removed.

- Hoon - 10-16-2006

Ken'sPen Wrote:except when it comes to members children - which is specific in the guidelines
did NBT DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG the kid into the convo?
or did dawn DRAAAAAAAAAAAAG them into it, by posting a picture?
the rule says "do not drag members children into the trolling arena"
she simply had an avatar of her 2 year old and NBT deemed it necessary to comment on it in a way that if it was said about your mother, you'd piss your pants and collapse on the ground - as you've done before.

- Hoon - 10-16-2006

Black Lazerus Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:yes.
you're a boss, right?
that's ken and luna.
thanks hoon i do know the type and most of them have been removed.
yahtzee!