CDIH
Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=9473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- GonzoStyle - 10-22-2004

Gordon was amazing all year, he just was overused 4 times over and it all fell upon basically him and rivera to keep the mess intact, hence the 61 come from behind wins.

- Keyser Soze - 10-22-2004

not that it matters but i have all the respect in the world for jeter. guy is a fucking class act and no matter what i think of the yankees as a whole, he is in my mind a warrior.......and he fucks jessica alba!!!!!!!

- GonzoStyle - 10-22-2004

Jeter is the heart and soul of the team no matter his numbers, even though he got all the way up to 290 after starting off the season at 190 and the very low 200s through the first half and still ended up with over 20 homers.

Its his presence on the field and more importantly off the field, he has that quality that makes a winner and leader and is mature beyond his years.

Have you seen anyone more in control and calmer in the most intense situations?

- The Jays - 10-22-2004

Derek Lowe in Game 7 :\

- GonzoStyle - 10-23-2004

He's nowhere near as dreamy as Jeter is, so that don't count.

- The Jays - 10-23-2004

If only he could be a better shortstop!

That's just silly now, there is no one in the entire league who would not want derek jeter on their team.

Yeah lets just forget everything he's done since 96, one man can not carry a team case in point bonds but both men have pretty much done the best they could with their teams.

- The Jays - 10-23-2004

I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt if he could make the plays that other shortstops make.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-23-2004

Quote:That's just silly now, there is no one in the entire league who would not want derek jeter on their team
I think Baltimore is happy with Miguel.

The Jays Wrote:I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt if he could make the plays that other shortstops make.
you are just being silly now, there is no one I would rather have on the field than jeter making the plays.

Name me one person who woulda sacrificed to go into the stands like he did? Anyone else lets that ball go foul and no one woulda complained cause no one expects anyone to make that play.

- The Jays - 10-23-2004

wtf, i'm just saying I wish he was a better fielder. I'm not saying I want someone else.

I don't get how he is a bad fielder, he makes amazing plays at his position.

what could he do better, learn to pitch?

- The Jays - 10-23-2004

he should be getting more double plays

He had more double plays this year than in the last several years, he had atleast 40 more than he had in 2001-03.

- The Jays - 10-23-2004

but meanwhile, A-rod had over 100 dp every season since 99, until, he moved over to third base.

A Rod could turn 200 dp's, he still hasnt won a ring.

Jeter has, and I cant believe I even have to defend his defense and play.

It's not the stats its the times you make the big plays and jeter makes the plays when they count.

- Galt - 10-23-2004

it is generally accepted that Jeter is one of the worst defensive SS in baseball. He has the smallest range of any shortstops in the game. Gammons wrote an entire column about it a few years ago. Jeter, for all his flash and good looks, and jumping throws, is just a really really really bad shortstop.

- HedCold - 10-23-2004

that guy on espn who always has all the weird stats, i think Neyer, wrote an article too

- GonzoStyle - 10-29-2004

I'd like to see these articles, I have never heard that it is "generally accepted" that jeter is one of the worst SS, not even good or ok but one of the WORST in baseball. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard, for years it was always the big debate who was the best SS nomar, a rod or jeter but I guess I was hearing it wrong and my opinion is the minority.

- Galt - 10-29-2004

it was a Gammons article where he went over the horrilbe range that Jeter has. I think Neyer did a long article about Jeter in the same manner.

He's a really poor fielder. This shouldn't come as a surprise. He had an amazing amount of errors in the minors.