CDIH
nba 06-07 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: nba 06-07 (/showthread.php?tid=12192)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- The Jays - 11-02-2006

Hey, let's focus on positives, like Eddie Curry making it to the 3OT before fouling out.

- GonzoStyle - 11-02-2006

faceman802 Wrote:I see your David Lee for MVP and raise you a Bostjan Nachbar who had 14 points for the Nets.

David Lee is more clutch than Jordan.

- The Jays - 11-02-2006

if only Channing could pull down more boards, and score those shots...

- fbd - 11-02-2006

channing didnt pull down boards because somewhere in isiah's infinite wisdom he decided to not play him at all in the first 2 overtimes. that game would have ended a lot earlier if he had realized that nobody was rebounding for the knicks, so another big body would have helped, or at least getting some fresh legs in

Isiah has a plan, he's undefeated as the knicks coach, geez.

- faceman802 - 11-02-2006

yeah but lebron is more clutch than jordan too so what does that mean anymore

If we're seriously even comparing someone to jordans clutchness, its gotta be Wade but no one was more clutch except for maybe Larry Legend.

Lebron has an amazing repetoire and was the only reason the cavs got as far as they did but he still has a way to go.

- The Sleeper - 11-02-2006

isiah already has the best winning percentage in knicks coach history. don't question his genius.

Like I said, undefeated!

- fbd - 11-04-2006

the hawks?

- HedCold - 11-04-2006

the knicks will win tonight

- GonzoStyle - 11-04-2006

it was an off night

- The Sleeper - 11-05-2006

fuck this team

- fbd - 11-05-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:it was an off night

be prepared to say that 79 more times

- HedCold - 11-08-2006

not that the 6ers are some defensive juggernaut, but i liked some of the things i saw out of the pacers offense. they're actually moving the ball pretty well, driving and creating things. i guess darrel armstrong is helping or something. they still did turn it over a lot though

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2006

next step for the pacers is to staret shooting people in the crowd live on TV.

- HedCold - 11-08-2006

stephan jackson would miss those shots too

- faceman802 - 11-08-2006

It only took 4 games for things to unravel in MSG. That's early even for them

espn.com

New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas is prepared to do whatever he needs to win, even if that means benching star guards Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis.

"I have zero favorites. I'll bench anyone," Thomas told the New York Daily News. "I think I showed you that [Monday]. Whether it be Marbury, Francis, whoever. I want to win."

During the Knicks' home loss to San Antonio on Monday, the Spurs led 52-29 with 3:34 remaining in the half. Thomas then sent out four new players who helped the Knicks close the half with a 12-2 spurt that made it 54-41.

That group -- which included Nate Robinson, David Lee, Malik Rose, and Mardy Collins along with starter Quentin Richardson -- also opened the second half, while players such as Marbury and Eddy Curry, who help comprise the NBA's highest payroll, watched from the bench. Rose and Collins hadn't even scored this season.

"The guys that were out there, they were getting the job done," Marbury said after the game. "They were playing with energy and getting us back in the game."

The ploy by Thomas seemed to energize the Knicks' starters, who sparked a 20-2 run in the fourth quarter to pull within 92-91 with just over 4 minutes to play on a jumper by Marbury, who had the Madison Square Garden fans on their feet after they heavily booed him during a horrendous game Saturday night.

The Spurs eventually sealed the game, though, winning 105-93.

"We got a lot of guys who are shaken right now," Malik Rose told the Daily News. "We have guys on the team who are top talents in this league who are shaken right now, and it's just going to take time to get that confidence back."

Thomas made it clear that it's up to the players, shaken or not, to prove their worth.

"I'm a fighter myself and I want people who are going to fight and compete," Thomas said after Monday's loss. "And if you're not going to fight and compete, then I'm the president and we can give you a pink slip, too."

Thomas told the Daily News that for the time being he plans no changes to the starting lineup, though the ankle injury Francis sustained Monday could force reserve Jamal Crawford into the starting shooting guard role.

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2006

he doesnt have to worry about benching francis now.

but they can take the opportunity to sign another guard who takes 20 shots a game, they need more of those.

- faceman802 - 11-08-2006

Now that's a good trade up for him. He'll win more games in half the season now, than the knicks will win total.

PHOENIX -- As expected, Jalen Rose signed with the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday and will be in uniform for the team's game at San Antonio on Wednesday.

Rose, who received a $14.5 million buyout from the New York Knicks last week, will receive about $1.5 million in his one-year deal with Phoenix, just over the NBA veteran's minimum.

The 33-year-old guard-forward has averaged 14.7 points per game in 894 games over 12 NBA seasons. He joins an offensive-minded, fast-paced team that has struggled to a 1-3 start this season.

Rose had narrowed his choices to Phoenix and Miami, then announced on his Web site Friday that he decided on the Suns. He said he wanted to play for a team with a legitimate shot at the NBA title.

"It's not about personal stats," Rose told reporters on Monday. "It's not about how much money I can make or people knowing my name. It's all about being part of a situation like this."

Rose's arrival could push James Jones out of the rotation. Coach Mike D'Antoni said he considered Rose a small forward first and a shooting guard second.

Rose won the NBA's most-improved player award for Indiana in 2000 and averaged at least 20 points a game for three consecutive seasons, ending in 2003. He has more career points (13,112) than anyone else on the Phoenix roster and is 22nd among active NBA players in scoring.

"He's a veteran guy who will add a lot to our team," D'Antoni said. "He's a very versatile and talented basketball player."

Rose helped Michigan reach the NCAA tournament title game twice before being selected in the first round, 13th overall, by Denver in 1994.

The Suns are Rose's sixth NBA team. The others are Denver, Indiana, Chicago, Toronto and New York.