CDIH
O&A Suspended for 30 Days - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: O&A Suspended for 30 Days (/showthread.php?tid=12654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-16-2007

the XM show is not on the air.

the FM show runs 6-8, censored on Free FM
the XM show runs 6-9 simulcast of the FM show, without censorship, and then would continue for XM listeners exclusively from 9-12.

they are suspended/fired whatever from XM so on their own channel, they will not be heard, not even in replay form.

- funsnapsdyno - 05-16-2007

I guess Howard is in all his glory.. first Imus and now O&A

- Galt - 05-16-2007

O&A are on the radio from 6 until noon every day? Christ.

There is no way anyone can come up with 6 hours of material a day.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-16-2007

its usually up until 11, with really old stuff from the WNEW days played between 11-12.

and when you take into consideration the show on FM is only 3 hours long and it has commercials, its probably only about 2 hours of actual material on FM, and then an additional 3 hours almost completely commercial free radio on XM.

so 4 hours of radio is what i believe they were doing on XM everyday until they signed the deal for their FM jobs back.

- drusilla - 05-16-2007

r&f do two separate shows 3 hours each. occasionally they will overlap topics, but most of the time it is 2 separate shows.

- drusilla - 05-16-2007

http://www.xpressgfx.com/Circus/audio/stern51607.mp3

dunno how good the audio is, as it was very choppy for me, but it is sterns response to this whole thing. he really couldn't give two shits & sounds like he wishes he would get suspended for something so he wouldn't have to show up to work everyday anymore.

- funsnapsdyno - 05-16-2007

Leave it to Howie to be offended not because of the lack of free speech, but because what O&A said just wasn't even funny..

- Galt - 05-16-2007

THEIR FREE SPEECH WAS NOT INFRINGED!

And if it was consistent with the material O&A put up for the last 18 mos before they got fired from NEW, then it probably wasn't funny.

- Black Lazerus - 05-16-2007

nah what homless dude said was funny

- Keyser Soze - 05-17-2007

"the reason why you're getting your ass busted is because you've got no ratings"

- Black Lazerus - 05-17-2007

damn didn't know how much i missed him until just now

- funsnapsdyno - 05-17-2007

It sounds like I didn't agree with what Howard was sayin... Actually I did. I'm a big HS fan. I just don't talk about it much because I thought you'd all attack me.

- Goatweed - 05-17-2007

your low intelligence level makes for much better fodder.

- GonzoStyle - 05-17-2007

I agree with Galt and almost every point Howard made. I been saying it since the Imus thing, O&A fans and people in general are fuckin stupid and have no inkling of their history or this countries history. This is as much a freedom of speech issue as it is a roe v wade issue. Their freedom of speech, nor imus's nor jv & elvis, were impeded or restricted. Lenny Bruce, his freedom of speech was restricted and he was prosecuted and arrested for it. The 1st ammendment states that the government wont make any laws which infringe on the peoples freedom of speech. There was no legal issue here period, it was strictly a corporate decision. Yet post after post everywhere, all these little O&A army movements and groups are just yelling about freedom of speech and thats the really sad thing here, no one seems to have clue what it means nor what it really means to have your civil liberties attacked.

Howard is correct, its a business decision and XM felt that it was in their best interests to make this decision, no matter how many drops in subscriptions they may get. They're a major corporation, they are not O&A fans so they dont act on impulse and smash their XM units cause of a rumor from wackbag.

Plus this is basically the best thing that coulda happened to them. 1st off maybe it will refresh their show a bit, not having to do back to back shows on 92.3 and XM. Plus its a fuckin paid suspension... thats IS a vacation!!! Lastly and more importantly, it gets their name in the papers and maybe sparks some interest in them and their product.

Because face the fact that O&A simply arent as popular as they think they are. Outside of a few north east states, no one knows them. Hate him or love him or dont care, the vast majority of the population knows who howard stern is. O&A as bad as they wanna compare themselves to him, will never be him. It reminds me of an HBO movie years back about how Letterman & Leno were battling over the tonight show and in the end they realized that its the time slot and no matter how hard they tried, they'd never actually be Carson, just because you got his time slot didnt mean you'd become him. Just because O&A got Howards time slot, they didnt become howard and they never will. No one is gonna flock to buy the O&A biography, no one is gonna break down theater doors to see the O&A movie (lets not forget the XFL). In the end its funny cause its true, the O&A army is basically 30 people. Think of every little boycott and demonstration they had in their names and its like 4 people.

- Hybrid - 05-17-2007

the best possible outcome of this situation is the virus 202 turns into big ass 202 and xm starts broadcasting the fm ron and fez show too.

- drusilla - 05-17-2007

i won't cancel xm. i'd miss r&f too much. plus i need something to listen to online at work & most of the free fm shows stink.

- drusilla - 05-17-2007

Hybrid Wrote:the best possible outcome of this situation is the virus 202 turns into big ass 202 and xm starts broadcasting the fm ron and fez show too.

that's what i've been hoping for too.

r&f 24/7 is great, just need more of a variety than the same 3 hours show over & over.

- Goatweed - 05-17-2007

Brigadier General GonzoStyle <salute>

- Goatweed - 05-17-2007

the FreeFm show wont be on XM anytime soon, those are 2 seperate deals. The O&A dual format contract was written with both in mind, FreeFm approached R&F on their own...supposedly there were talks to try & work it out but apparently priorites shifted to other things (merger).

- GonzoStyle - 05-17-2007

I like R&F but I dont get the chance to listen to them much since they are on at 6 and I refuse to buy xm, paying for cable is one thing but I refuse to pay for radio. I listen to R&F on my ipod whenever I download their show or a podcast but all in all I just dont have time or interest in talk radio anymore. I must say though that I really enjoy the radio chick, that chuck nice is one smooth cat. I usually get to listen to them on the drive to school between 5-6 and I listen in from 3-5 at work. Nick Depalo (sp?) his show fuckin blows, he is like Norton but even unfunnier, so forced.