CDIH
Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy (/showthread.php?tid=3799)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-16-2002

Here read this site, the guy explained it better than I could.
Definition of Serial Killer

- LyricalGomez - 10-16-2002

Quote:A serial killer is someone who has killed once and is likely to kill again given time and opportunity. We can't say how often this will be or if there might even be a gap of five or ten years between homicides. Serial killers don't kill when the moon is full. They kill when they have a need to regain power and control. When they get to this point is a very individual thing.

Would'nt that describe the sniper?

Quote:He tends to have some pattern to his peculiarities and his murders will be recognized as part of a group of homicides.

But then he goes on to say this. I personally don't think the sniper has been killing long enough or been methodical enough to be classified as a serial killer.

- OAS - 10-16-2002

I still say this is the next phase of terrorism. This will start to pop up in other cities. They are testing the waters in DC to see if their tactics will work.

Serial killers work alone. There are a number of witnesses in several shooting locations reporting two people in the van and the shootings coming from inside the van. This is calculated, planned and executed with precision, done openly and brazenly in public. None of that is typical of a serial killer.

Is the guy really Middle Eastern? I keep hearing on the news "man/men of olive complexion," but I don't know because they don't have a sketch, etc.

I also heard there's a copy-cat sniper in Long Island.

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

Quote:I also heard there's a copy-cat sniper in Long Island.

Here is the story Polly. What the fuck would make people want to copy this.
Copycat sniper in LI

- OAS - 10-16-2002

An errant bullet in Long Island and they are thinking copycat? I realize nobody has ever taken a shot at anyone around New York but lets not jump to conclussions.

Polly, olive skin has been the only description leaked. However, Italians are olive skinned so maybe it's a mob hit. :crackhead:

Quote:However, Italians are olive skinned so maybe it's a mob hit.
My ex boyfriend is Italian with olive skin and quite a temper....perhaps I should call the tip line? :lol:

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

Quote:An errant bullet in Long Island and they are thinking copycat? I realize nobody has ever taken a shot at anyone around New York but lets not jump to conclussions.
Can you give a better explanation of why gunshots are being fired on the LIE. Sounds like an Asshole who may or not be trying to kill someone but trying to get fame. Remember if it happens in NY, the media make a bigger deal out of it than anywhere else.

It could be road rage Teenweek, that shit happens all the time out here.

- OAS - 10-16-2002

Or as I said earlier, it's terrorist and we will see it in other cities.

OAS, doesn't terrorism aim to hurt more than just one person, it usually aims towards mass casualties. I'm not an expert, but I'm taking a class this semester on it and all the readings I've done say that they usually aim for mass casualties.

- OAS - 10-16-2002

Ask DC metro area residents if they are terrorized or not. Ask all the youth sporting events that have been cancelled if they are terrorized or not. Ask the people driving to PA to get gas if they feel terrorized or not. Terrorists want to instill fear and disrupt lifestyles. Mass casualties are a bonus.

- Weird NJ - 10-16-2002

yeah, what he said. As long as people are terrorized, that's what counts for them. Not exactly mass casualties, but mass terrorism.

Edit: Shit, I'm more scared now to walk down the street and it's not happening here.

Edited By Weird NJ on 1034780716

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

or mass hysteria. people are on pins and needles. this is dominating the news. people are scared to walk alone or leave their houses or cars. sounds like terrorism to me. People scared to go about their daily lives

- Weird NJ - 10-16-2002

Hysteria. That the word I was looking for. Terrorism is more of a mental abuse, IMO.

- OAS - 10-16-2002

terrorist groups will scale down when it becomes more difficult for them to act in a large scale capacity. All of these clowns that went through training at camps were not trained to fly planes into buildings. When the heat is on, individual cells under the radar screen are trained to act on their own. The larger attacks will take place in the least supected areas, such as Bali. If they can have those chasing them spread thin around the world chasing numerous actions (the oil tanker in Yemen) they can be effective popping up in different ways. They are patient and have been regrouping for a year now.

Our government isn't telling us everything they know here. Random snipings by vehicle is an old Hesballah tactic. A few interesting things to notice in the last few days. The last shooting witnesses said the gunman had a weapon that looked like an AK47. Not the weapon of choice for any prfessional sharpshooter or sniper, but one that is readily available in the middle east.

The military is now using reconnaissance plans to patrol the DC area with infared. The military is banned by US law to aid in law enforcement.

Homeland security is now involved in the investigation.

Stay tunned kiddies.

Quote:The military is banned by US law to aid in law enforcement.

Are you sure? In my text book, which I happen to have with me, there is a whole section on the military aiding the state and local law enforcement agencies during times of crisis, there are contingency plans, etc. put in place for circumstances such as these.

If you are right, I'd like my money back for my text. :clueless:

- OAS - 10-16-2002

Time of crisis is defined by a declaration of marshall law such as in riots.
There is a law called Posse something or another, the name escapes me at the moment that prohibits the US military from engaging in domestic law enforcement.

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

You are both right. Got this excerpt from a Fox News article.

The plan calls for having military pilots fly reconnaissance flights accompanied by federal agents, who would relay any collected information to authorities on the ground, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. A main objective is to improve communication among investigators.

Authorities had considered using a Predator unmanned aerial vehicle, but decided to use manned aircraft instead, officials said.

The help will be provided in a way meant to comply with the Posse Comitatus Act -- a 19th century law that bans the military from domestic law enforcement. That means the military will relay data to law enforcement and not decide on its own what targets to watch, the official said.

Defense officials told Fox News Channel that a special Army reconnaissance aircraft called an RC-7, based at Fort Bliss, Texas, would be sent to Washington. The aircraft is a modified DeHavilland DHC-7, adjusted to carry advance optics and communications gear for collecting intelligence on the ground, and it also carries advanced communications equipment to share with ground-based units. Currently, it's operated by six-man crews from the 204th Military Intelligence Battalion out of Fort Bliss, Texas. They are often used in counter narcotics operations in Latin America.

The aircraft would perform general reconnaissance, such as looking for or tracking the light-colored van authorities say was seen at one or more of the shooting sites. Pentagon participation also could involve a system of sensors that could detect flashes of gunfire on the ground, the official said.