CDIH
What are your favorite obscure movies? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What are your favorite obscure movies? (/showthread.php?tid=493)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Bondgirl - 02-20-2002

Mr. Brownstone Wrote:SLC Punk
good movie, but i got it at blockbuster, so i don't know how obscure it is Wink

- Maynard - 02-20-2002

Bondgirl Wrote:
Mr. Brownstone Wrote:SLC Punk
good movie, but i got it at blockbuster, so i don't know how obscure it is Wink
BAH! :p

That movie is an interesting case. I'm pretty sure it went straight to video, and never really got any promotion. So I would say it's probably obscure. But not hard to find. Big Grin

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-20-2002

Just a heads up....if you're looking for an "obsure" movie and they don't have it at Blockbuster, I get A LOT of movies from Hollywood Video. They have a much bigger selection of films.

- IkeaBoy - 02-20-2002

I often rent from Hollywood Video too because it's cheaper and closer than the REALLY obscure video stores but yes, it definitely has a better selection than Blockbuster

- Mr. Brownstone - 02-21-2002

Quote:Quote (Bondgirl @ Feb. 20 2002,10:16)
Quote (Mr. Brownstone @ Feb. 20 2002,12:55)
SLC Punk

good movie, but i got it at blockbuster, so i don't know how obscure it is

BAH!

That movie is an interesting case. I'm pretty sure it went straight to video, and never really got any promotion. So I would say it's probably obscure. But not hard to find.
I saw it in a theatre when it first came out, in limited release.

To test if it's obscure ask ten people what they thought of it. If less then four know what you're talking about it's obscure.

- Bondgirl - 02-21-2002

I remember seeing the trailers on tv when it came out in the theatres, but my laziness took over, so I waited for it to come out on video.

Movies I like that not too many people I know have seen are: East is East, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Buffalo 66 (even though some people say its not obscure :p), and The Commitments

- Maynard - 02-21-2002

Quote:Buffalo 66 (even though some people say its not obscure ), and The Commitments
The Commitments fuckin rocks!!

And Buffalo 66. BAH! Not obscure. Big Grin

- Bondgirl - 02-21-2002

Maynard Wrote:
Quote:Buffalo 66 (even though some people say its not obscure ), and The Commitments
The Commitments fuckin rocks!!

And Buffalo 66. BAH! Not obscure. Big Grin
If you liked The Commitments, you should check out The Snapper, and The Van, its kind of a trilogy, even though each stands on its own as well.

And bah to you too :p

- Maynard - 02-21-2002

I have never even heard of the other two. I lose!!

I'll have to check them out. Do they both have awesome versions of Mustang Sally as well?Big Grin

- Bondgirl - 02-21-2002

Maynard Wrote:I have never even heard of the other two. I lose!!

I'll have to check them out. Do they both have awesome versions of Mustang Sally as well?Big Grin
No, unfortunately, but The Snapper is pee in your pants funny. They're hard of hard to find though, although The Van was on tv recently.

- Maynard - 02-21-2002

:points and laughs:

HAHA, Bondgirl peed her pants!

- Bondgirl - 02-21-2002

Maynard Wrote::points and laughs:

HAHA, Bondgirl peed her pants!
hahaha...no but it was close :p

- Skitchr4u - 02-21-2002

the party with peter sellers

- IkeaBoy - 02-21-2002

Skitchr4u Wrote:the party with peter sellers
where he played the Indian actor who ruined a movie? I remember that.

- Skitchr4u - 02-22-2002

thats the one...and he goes to the guys house and just reaks havoc on an upscale hollywood party...just hilarious, even if you can find it at blockbuster