CDIH
Movies that you hated and everyone else loved! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Movies that you hated and everyone else loved! (/showthread.php?tid=653)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Arthur Dent - 03-04-2002

The first time I saw the Star Wats films, I liked them, but that was it. It was only in high school, after reading the Timothy Zahn trilogy, that I saw them in a different way. The novels that follow really flesh out the characters and are really much better than ANY of the films. The fact is, Lucas is a mediocre writer. It was only after reading all the background and characterisations other people wrote that I REALLY enjoy the trilogy.

As for the Abyss, you need to see the Director's Cut to understand all the alien stuff. Also, the novelization of the movie is MUCH more detailed. The author was allowed to go wild and invent all kinds of background and stuff.
Movies that dissapointed me:

Something About Mary (HUGE hype for a few good laughs in a mediocre film.
Clerks (Some good laughs, but rambling and generally forgetable.)
Any Batman movie after the 1st.
Star Trek: Generations (Fuck Kirk. There was NO REASON to put him in that film. The story SUCKED becasue they had to put him in. Either do the new cast or the old one.)

- Banana_juice - 03-04-2002

gladiator- hated it
scary movie 2- i saw it with some friends and they thought it was great. they looked at my like i was crazy when they didnt see me laugh once throughout the movie and than they said i was crazy at the end wheni told them i didnt like it at all

- NaughtyAngel - 03-04-2002

titanic: the boat sank, who gives a fuck

- Sean Cold - 03-04-2002

Almost Famous: Shit, and I almost finally watched it.

*61: Sorry it was a homo erotic snooze fest.

- Gooch - 03-04-2002

Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy: overrated rehashes of what worked in Clerks. yes, there are funny moments, but mostly regurgitations of elements of Clerks, and it just shows Keven Smith is just a one trick pony.

Armeggedon and anything else Jerry Bruckheimer makes: Base underwritten garbage. Gloss over substance. Glorified rock videos.

Traffic: Interesting moments, but lumbers like Unicron at a singles bar.

- GonzoStyle - 03-04-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:*61: Sorry it was a homo erotic snooze fest.
Do not pass go do not collect 20 dollars, go to jail, go directly to jail.

I have to agree on 'Something About Mary' While it trully in my opinion launched Ben Stillers career and he was the only saving grace in the film. That fuckin cunt did nothing for me though, she was not funny nor charming.

- IkeaBoy - 03-04-2002

I didn't HATE Mary but didn't think it was that great. Very overrated. Kingpin was their best.

But it reminded me of two more:

Analyze This- one joke, repeat ad infinitum. Boring. Hyper Kudrow- not funny. Whiny Billy Crystal- not funny. De Niro wasn't funny crying either. Lame fucking movie.

Meet the Parents- there was only one scene I laughed from, the car race where they hit every red light. Other than that it...was just...boring.

- Mr. Brownstone - 03-05-2002

Quote:Meet the Parents
As a Jewish male nurse, I was rather unamused.

- shotgirl - 03-05-2002

Quote:I have to agree on 'Something About Mary' While it trully in my opinion launched Ben Stillers career and he was the only saving grace in the film. That fuckin cunt did nothing for me though, she was not funny nor charming.
I have to agree. Although i have to add that not only do i think she's not funny or charming, but she's a dog. I don't get the hype about her.

- Galt - 03-05-2002

Mr. Brownstone Wrote:
don't forget gay.

- Metalfan - 03-05-2002

Mr. Brownstone Wrote:
Are you named Gaylord also?

- GonzoStyle - 03-05-2002

shotgirl Wrote:I have to agree. Although i have to add that not only do i think she's not funny or charming, but she's a dog. I don't get the hype about her.
I actually have to agree, while cameron diaz is attractive she is not outrageously hot in any sense of the word. Her face is rather fucked up, looks like she just had a stroke.

- Maximus - 03-08-2002

Fast and The Furious; WORST MOVIE EVER!!! I wanted to Confuseduicide: myself halfway through the movie. There was no plot whatsoever in this movie. If you take out al the cool cars and put in all crappy looking ones, noone would have wanted to see it. That was 2 hours of my lif that I'll never get back.