CDIH
You Make The Call - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: You Make The Call (/showthread.php?tid=7211)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Keyser Soze - 08-27-2003

How about Rams D?

- fbd - 08-27-2003

not too good...should be decent against the run, but i feel that they'll be horrible agaisnt the pass. their line is pretty good, and the linebackers have some talent, plus archuletta is a fourth linebacker. problem is, last years three main corners were aneas williams, dextor mcclean, and dre bly. blyis now a lion, mcclean is on the saints i think, and williams was moved to free safety due to injuries to kim herring and toast

what do you think the top special teams will be this year?

- Galt - 08-27-2003

Pats D will end up in the top 5 fantasy defense.

They will cause a ton of turnovers and Colvin and Seymore will both get a good amount of sacks. Washington should help stop the run.

- fbd - 08-27-2003

that, i can't answer, too much stuff depends on other things(speaking of other things, another drawback to the stl D is their explosive offense. they can potentially score in one play on almost and drive, which means more time for the defense to play, and more time to be scored on).i do think, though new orleans, jets, cleveland, chiefs, giants, and carolina will be pretty good this year, though9i admit i just stole the pr/kr rankings from nfl.com for this).

- Galt - 08-27-2003

The Jets? Horrible.

The Chiefs? Their offense is better than Stl....so your theory about STL D fits there too. Plus KC has a horrible defense (or are you just talking about special teams?) If Special teams, the Jets are going to be good? I'd take Washington since they have Morton.

do your leagues count special teams pts towards defense?

- fbd - 08-27-2003

that last post was pure special teams, except for the addendum on the stl-good offense=bad defense theory(a solid, grinding running game is my prefered offense for a good defense, which is why i would go with miami and carolina as my 2 and 3 ranked defenses). jets still have moss for punts, which is why i think they'll be good. giants and carolina are the only units i'd use for defense AND special teams.

my league doesnt score special teams, i like it better that way. special teams just don't add enough points to most teams for them to be worth chosing over a starting defense(unless you have one team thats good for both)

- Galt - 08-27-2003

Pats will have good special teams.

they always do. Brown, Faulk, Branch.

You think Faulk is going to do well taking over Antowain's job?

- fbd - 08-27-2003

smith will probably be used as a short yardage back, and take away a lot of the scores. i wouldn't play either one of them in my league(hell, i had faulk but managed to trade him away in a deal for jamal lewis), but faulk still will get a decent ammount of yards, around 1000 rushing and 450 receiving

- Keyser Soze - 09-03-2003

how much do you trust hector and victor?

- Galt - 09-03-2003

They play it too safe.