CDIH
Super Bowl Half-Time Show - am I seeing things? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl Half-Time Show - am I seeing things? (/showthread.php?tid=8414)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Keyser Soze - 02-02-2004

it ran in the 4th quarter at exactly 9:30

- Goatweed - 02-02-2004

the AOL ads were funny, maybe because I've recently started watching American Chopper.

Overall this year's ads sucked - I enjoyed the Linux commercial, if only that it might make MS take it a lot more serious than it has up until now.

The new Ford GT looks amazing.

yeah i liked the AOL ads as well cause i too am a big american choppers fan. the radio ads leading up to it were funny as well.

- Goatweed - 02-02-2004

I just got into that show this weekend, they were workin' on a POW bike which came out amazing, That guy who did the airbrushing has an amazing talent.

yeah, i saw that one. the best part of the show is the father and son fighting. i'm waiting for the father to completely lose it and throw the kid in the compressor.

- Goatweed - 02-02-2004

Paulie is the kids name, right? He said something like "I'm gonna have to talk to him about his work ethics", or something like that. He looks like a dad you wouldn't wanna fuck with, too.

"you better get to gettin, because you don't want to have to ask me a second time. thats when you'll be seeing my size 12"

- Black Lazerus - 02-02-2004

size 13

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>CBS Apologizes for Jackson Breast-Flash</span>

NEW YORK - CBS and MTV both say they had no idea that their Super Bowl halftime show would wind up with singer Justin Timberlake (news) tearing off part of Janet Jackson (news)'s costume, exposing her breast. Timberlake blamed a "wardrobe malfunction."

The Federal Communications Commission (news - web sites) said it had received complaints and launched a routine investigation.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received calls about the Sunday night show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, with Timberlake singing, "Rock Your Body," and the lines he sang at the moment of truth were: "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song."

With that, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast, which was partially obscured by a sun-shaped, metal nipple decoration.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the exposure on the air.

Messages left with Jackson's record company and her personal publicist were not returned Monday morning.

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance."

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

The FCC (news - web sites) has received several complaints about the halftime show and will look into them, spokeswoman Suzanne Tetreault said Monday. The FCC routinely looks at complaints it receives about all programming, Tetreault said.

Over-the-air television channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The FCC defines obscene material as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

In an interview posted on MTV.com in the days before the show, Jackson's choreographer, Gil Duldulao, talked about the show, saying: "She's more stylized, she's more feminine, she's more a woman as she dances this time around. There are some shocking moments in there too."

- diceisgod - 02-02-2004

It would have been funnier if he pulled off that thing on her face she calls a nose.

- Arpikarhu - 02-02-2004

it was a boob,and a saggy one at that. get over it people.what does it say about janet jackson that she felt that she was at the point in her career where she needed to do that?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-02-2004

it was a big deal, get over it you jurassic creature!

yeah, get over it grandpa.

- Arpikarhu - 02-02-2004

ooooh, a girls boobie. hee hee. Rolleyes

- diceisgod - 02-02-2004

an ugly girl's boobie at that

id nail janet, i think shes still sexy

- The Sleeper - 02-02-2004

agreed

- Kid Afrika - 02-02-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:ooooh, a girls boobie. hee hee. Rolleyes
I can't let this go without a response...

Yes, it was just a tit, but it was a tit on worldwide television during the single-most viewed event of the year. And, it wasn't some random dolt of a chick. You act as if we couldn't possibly see a boob anywhere else, not true and furthermore, not the point. At the end of the day, I would surely rank this event higher than meeting Joey Fatone.

As far as your criticisms about her boob, I'm sure your boyfriend has much nicer boobs. FAHGIT!

- Arpikarhu - 02-02-2004

1. i could care less about meeting joey fatone. it is you guys who have made it a big deal. i can only assume that you all think meeting joey fatone is a biig deal. i didnt know who he was when i met him.
2.it is only a boob. get over it. you see them every night when you take off your shirt so i assumed it wouldnt be a big deal for you.
3. my boyfriends boobs are none of your business.

- Galt - 02-03-2004

you COULD NOT care less! Dammit. I figured of all people, you'd be able to master the phrase.