CDIH
how long does it usually take after the interview - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: how long does it usually take after the interview (/showthread.php?tid=8567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Hawt Baux - 02-19-2004

I'm presuming you don't mean the hand or blow variety.

Edited By Hawt Baux on 1077217403

- Arpikarhu - 02-19-2004

self inflicted hand jobs dont count

- The Sleeper - 02-19-2004

har dee har

- Goatweed - 02-19-2004

a phone call would've been the better approach. If she doesn't reply to you by tomorrow, definitely make the call - don't wait until next week.

- Hawt Baux - 02-19-2004

If you sent an email with no reply and this wasn't a job you were necessarily relying on heavily or wanted very much, then don't call. It will make you look desperate and aching for the job and if anything should happen further down the line where they need to hire more people, they will pass you over without a second thought.

- GonzoStyle - 02-19-2004

I always sent out a thank you card a couple days after the interview and I would call every other day. When they say we'll get back to you, it's never a good sign, you gotta make yourself stand out somehow and always be on their minds. In these cases its someone who puts in the extra 5% effort that lands the job cause they either called in, or send a thank you note or something.

- Galt - 02-19-2004

Oh yeah, the thank you note is key. I sent a thank you email to every single person I met at this company when I was interviewing. It was like 25-30 people throughout the process.

I sent a thank you e-mail as soon as I got home from the interview

- Arpikarhu - 02-19-2004

e-mails are lazy. should have sent a card

- IrishAlkey - 02-19-2004

This is what happens when you don't ask for a receipt.

- Galt - 02-19-2004

possibly, but emails are accepted now. No one gets mail anymore. Everything is email. Therefore everyone just assumes if you are going to send a thank you note it will be over email. So, if you mail a card something the next day, the person won't get it for a couple days, and will have already assumed you are an ass because you didn't thank them (since the immediate email thank you was expected)

whatever, I have another job interview on monday so I have another chance to fuck the whole bullshit process up.

- Goatweed - 02-19-2004

my friend got me my current job, but when I came in for the second interview they told me that they were really impressed with the fact that I sent a thank you note to them after the first meeting - apparently that's not a popular practice anymore, at least according to them.

- Hawt Baux - 02-19-2004

Galt Wrote:possibly, but emails are accepted now. No one gets mail anymore. Everything is email. Therefore everyone just assumes if you are going to send a thank you note it will be over email. So, if you mail a card something the next day, the person won't get it for a couple days, and will have already assumed you are an ass because you didn't thank them (since the immediate email thank you was expected)
So why not mail it a day or two prior to said interview?

if I get a reciept for my thank you card, can I get the money reimbursed by the company?

- Galt - 02-19-2004

because then it's a blanket form letter. You want to personalize everything. It also runs the risk of if you couldn't meet the person, or something else made it obvious that you mailed the thing ahead of time, it makes you look bad. It's not genuine.

- Danked - 02-19-2004

You can always fall back on your side business of selling squeaky hammers.

- Hawt Baux - 02-19-2004

If you really don't get the job you should flood the shit out of her inbox with those penis erection fowards.

- GonzoStyle - 02-19-2004

I hate to disagree with hawt but if you don't get the job, call up or stop by and speak with the person who interviewed you. Ask the simple question "why didn't I get the job" not in an angry tone but ask her/him what you did wrong or what you coulda done better. It's always better to learn from it rather than get nothing and fuck up again next time. I mean who knows better what an interviewer is looking for than another interviewer.

Even today I still do it, if I am trying to get a listing on a home and I don't get it. I always call up and ask the seller what I coulda done better or maybe what I didn't do, also what the other broker/agent did that I didn't do. It should always be a learning experience even if you don't get what you came for.

The thank you note in my opinion is always nicer than an e-mail. I don't mean send them a note on a piece of paper but buy a nice card. It shows more agression, you went out to buy a card, write something down, mail it, etc etc. An e-mail is too generic in my opinion and most people will just delete it or skim through it. A Card on the other hand is gonna be in front of them and its something tangable.

- IrishAlkey - 02-19-2004

I always repeatedly call the women who run screaming from my bed asking them what I could've done better.

This is a long process.

I cry a lot.