CDIH
Trinidad is back! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Trinidad is back! (/showthread.php?tid=9430)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 10-03-2004

Yeah pretty much, the PPV just started Bronco McCart Vs. Travis Simms.

I know Zab Judah is also on this card but his opponent was still unknown as of the begining of this week and I still have no clue who Judah is fighting. I believe that the McCart & Judah fights are the only ones on the under card.

An amazing fight, period.

I knew trinidad would come back and show why he shoulda never retired but I didnt know he'd come back this strong.

Mayorga deserves all the credit in the world for having a heart as big as any fighter I have ever seen and giving his all from begining to end.

Hey arpi, my paypal account is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">mailto:[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

- diceisgod - 10-03-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:ha!
ha ha!

Never doubt me again.

- Arpikarhu - 10-03-2004

curses!

I gotta admit, I knew Mayorga was tough as nails but he was took an ungodly amount of punishment. His cockiness/machismo is his downfall though, he can box but he just chooses not to. Also I thought this fight was gonna be at 147, if I knew it was at 160 I woulda bet everything on this fight.

- Arpikarhu - 10-03-2004

on a side note- from what i have read it sounds like it was an incredible fight.

It was too much of a brawl for your tastes.

I knew eventually it'd turn into hagler hearns but I didnt think from the opening bell cause I figured tito would come out catious. For the 1st half of round 1 I was kinda worried cause Mayorga was getting to tito and knocked him down in round 3 but I knew tito would go down somewhere between round 1-4 cause he just does. Around round 4 it started to be apparent that Mayorga was losing steam, the 5th round was a massacre, there was no knockdown but I scored the round 10-8 for trinidad, he hit him I think 45 out of 60 power shots that round, it was sick.

Mayorga who had never been knocked down went down 3 times in the eigth and the ref waved it off, it was a hell of a show by felix and an astonishing display of heart for Mayorga, he's not a middleweight though, like I said I thought the fight was at 147 but at 160 Mayorga just didnt stand a chance.

- Arpikarhu - 10-03-2004

i think i would have enjoyed it. i thought the fight was at 147 as well.

It couldn't have been I found out during the fight that Felix had balooned up to 200 pounds while he was off. I always knew Trinidad walked around much heavier between fights, when he was at 154 he'd be at 175 or so between fights but I didnt think he'd go all the way up to 200. So he had to drop 40 pounds for the fight, I dont know if he coulda done 53 pounds.

But he looked as if he never took a break, he was at his peak. His legs looked a bit rubbery at first but I guess it was just nerves, he settled in quick though.

Originally Felix was supposed to fight Mosley tonight but Mosley lost. Now with Oscar & Jones losing, I guess Hopkins Vs. Trinidad 2 looks pretty much like the fight.

Suprisingly Hopkins says he wants to fight atleast 5 more times, possible go for 25 defenses. I believe the record is 26 by Joe Louis, as far as consecutive.

More surprisingly was seeing Jones commentate tonight after last saturday, no one really said much but merchant and lampley, mainly merchant took a few pot shots at jones knockout last week.

- Arpikarhu - 10-03-2004

merchant is a pussy. he tries to make everything he says sound like its coming from the boxing gods. plus he will talk up a fighter like he is unbeatable, then when he starts losing, merchant talks like he knew the fighter was gonna lose all along.

I agree with you a 100% on Merchant, he is like the arpi of boxing commentating. He needs to take long pauses to think of some grandiose word to describe a simple act, he needs to speak in analogies and as if every word that comes out of his mouth is like pearls.

He is a major bandwagon jumper, he was allover jones dick for years and before Jones hit the canvas against Tarver, Merchant was already writing his obituary and writing him off as having a weak chin.

He's just all around annoying, at times he does do something that is ballsy like going toe to toe with Don King or Mocking delahoyas mariachi band, etc and the execs and fans say "eh, keep him around".

But overall he's massivly annoying, he takes forever to speak, laughs at his own lame jokes and always tries to make analogies that makes you wanna choke him. It was entertaining atleast when Foreman was around and they'd be like siskel and ebert, basically telling eachother to go fuck themselves in nice tones. But now it's just annoying to hear him, Lampley is among the best blow by blow men ever and he has a memory like a steel trap for dates, fights, rounds, etc.

As I figured, Jeff Lacy is now IBF junior middleweight champion. He TKO'ed Syd Vanderpool in the 8th round as well.

I missed that fight but caught the replay of the Klitchsko fight, he won on a split technical decision, he looked pretty much like trash, he's done in the fight game he just doesn't have it. Leave the boxing to big brother and save yourself the embarassment.

- diceisgod - 10-03-2004

Notice in first round how Mayorga stepped back after he opened himself up and let Tito hit him a few times? After Tito's last shot Mayorga didn't do anymore of that bullshit. If he let Tito have one or two more open shots like that he would have got knocked out which would have been hysterical.