CDIH
Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=9473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- Goatweed - 10-11-2004

I thought it was the pool at Riveras "Palatial Estate" in Panama

- Goatweed - 10-11-2004

Quote:Victor Dario Avila, a cousin of Rivera's wife, Clara, was killed along with his 14-year-old son on Saturday while cleaning the pool at the pitcher's home in this fishing town 40 miles west of Panama City, police and relatives said.

citing my source here.

- crx girl - 10-11-2004

well, if they live there maybe they just clean it for themselves

- The Jays - 10-11-2004

Goatweed Wrote:I guess...still doesn't make much sense to me. if my cousin is filthy rich, I'm not cleaning his pool for him - family gets a free pass, even if its just by marriage.
I dunno, what if your cousin is the only person you know of that has money, yet you don't want to grub off him, yet you can't get a job? It's a different culture, maybe they have different views on it. What seems weird to us might be totally vital to them.

- Mad - 10-11-2004

One way to get rid of unwanted relatives.

- Galt - 10-11-2004

I think the more important aspects of this saga are:

1. Why would they hope to "keep dogs away" by putting an electric rod in the pool? Wouldn't that just kill the dogs like it killed these two people? It sounds like a BS answer

2. Why is the person who decided that this 2000 volt charge in the pool is a good idea, is a former employee of the Boston Red Sox?

Could this be a murder plot by Theo Epstein gone awry?

- GonzoStyle - 10-11-2004

If it is, he is one sly devil.

- The Jays - 10-11-2004

Wow. :26:

- drusilla - 10-12-2004

Quote:The accident happened as Victor Dario Avila, the 35-year-old cousin of Rivera's wife, Clara, and his 14-year-old son, also named Victor, cleaned the pool at the powerhouse athlete's home in Puerto Caimito.

Cops said that as the barefoot teen stood on the wet deck, he touched a newly installed, electrified fence and began shaking uncontrollably as the power surged through his body.

His father, realizing what was happening, dashed over to help.

But the current ripped through his body, too, and he collapsed beside his son, police said.

Quote:The senior Avila, who was nicknamed "Yeye," worked as the caretaker of Rivera's estate and was a local fisherman.

i would think that mariano would feel even more fucked up about it because it happened at his own home, while the vicitims were doing something for him.

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2004

I guess he just went down to see if the pool was cleaned atleast.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-12-2004

Quote:Didn't the Sabres win a championship?

No they lost in 7 to the Stars. Hasek didn't get his name on the cup cause of that. Though he later got it with Detroit.

- Bloody Anus - 10-12-2004

The series will come down to whether Heredia will be able to get anybody out, mainly Ortiz. Anaheim had no left-handed relievers so had to use Washburn with the series on the line to pitch to Ortiz. Heredia is the only lefty on the entire roster, and at some point will need to pitch to Ortiz with the game on the line.

Both teams depend heavily on homers to score the majority of their runs, but Boston has more ways to score overall. They sacraficed fewer than any team, but when needed Damon, Bellhorn, Cabrera, and Mueller (among starters) can and will drop a bunt down. Plus they have one of the best basestealers in baseball on the bench with Roberts. Jeter and Cairo are the only Yankees you could bunt with. Every game in the series will be close, so whoever can manufacture more runs will end up on top. This is THE last chance Boston has to win with this core of players; if they don't win this year they never will.

- Galt - 10-12-2004

The only guy of any substance that the Sox will lose this year is Pedro.

There's no way Varitek is leaving, and Derek Lowe is meaningless.

- Goatweed - 10-12-2004

I read in the paper that the fence was electrified in order to keep their dogs out of the pool. Would'nt a high-gate, or keeping them on a leash be a safer alternative than running 50 million niggawatts though a metal fence?

- Black Lazerus - 10-12-2004

when they say dogs they most likely mean dirty poor spanish people as well.

- Galt - 10-12-2004

like Columbus' descendants?

All you crackers look the same, a white person from spain looks no differant than a white person from italy.

- drusilla - 10-12-2004

but you can point out the greeks, right?

yeah they are the ones checking out my ass.

- Galt - 10-12-2004

if anyone has tickets that they want to give away, I'll take them.