CDIH
World Series - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: World Series (/showthread.php?tid=9539)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Galt - 10-28-2004

Tim McCarver embarrassed himself this October more than Scott Rolen.

- GonzoStyle - 10-28-2004

lush Wrote:Shhhh
shhh nothing, mattingly should be the first to go. If anyone else was batting coach after the poor showing of such a powerhouse of bats, they'd be gone.

Plus donnie is a born and proven loser, I don't wanna hear about the fact they havent won since 2000 and mattingly wasn't there in 2001-2003.

The simple fact is 2004 he comes back with a team to end all teams and the red sox finally beat them, atleast in 01 and 03 we made the series. This time they got beat and beat by the sox, donnie fuckface should be fired and now!!

- Goatweed - 10-28-2004

the Yankees shitty pitching really did them in - yes, the bats were quiet but the weak arms & broken hand really sunk the ship.

And I'd cut Giambi before firing Donnie Baseball - 180 million to sit on the bench with a "tumor"...

the pitching sucked ok, but there were two extra inning games 12 and 14 innings in which the bats simply failed with runners on base.

The biggest culprit is that fucko A Rod, he's next on the get him the fuck outta here list. Until they get rid of him the yankees will not win, he's the new curse. Lets not mention how the previous 2 teams immediatly prospered after he left. The main fact is that the talk in the last off season was the sox and texas in negotiations for months that was the lead story on sportscenter and the main topic of every sports show. It went on for months, it was on and off and off and on, then outta nowhere the yankees sign A Rod, literally no one had a fuckin clue until it was announced. They crept up and stole a rod basically and that's our curse now, we steal a rod and then rub it in their faces and they go on to win the world series. A Rod is our Babe Ruth now and not in the yankee sense but the red sox sense, he's cursed and must go!

- The Jays - 10-28-2004

wtf? I wanna know if Boston is under like 24/7 rioting. Why can't one of the Boston fans explain what it was like in Boston last night, and today?

Cause they're gonna be drunk till next april.

The real fun is gonna be on opening day when they get their rings and the yankees have to sit at the other dugout and watch, good times!!!!

- The Jays - 10-28-2004

I'm really bored with these sports articles. All the writers are Red Sox fans, and they all tell the same story, Oh, my father took me to see my first game at Fenway, and it was when Pudge waved the ball home, and that day me and my father connected to one another on an emotional and physical level. He died seven years ago, and didn't get the chance to see the Sox win the World Series, but I did, and so that makes me wish he were alive to see it.

Does every Red Sox fan has some similiar story about the Red Sox and a relative of theirs sharing some common bond with each other because of the Red Sox? I read the ESPN mailbag; it's nothing but this stuff. I listen to Jim Rome, he drops his entire format to takes nothing but these phonecalls.

It's just, I dunno, they call up with these stories, and they tell them as if it's suppose to be some big surprise that their father died before getting to see the Sox win. But, when you call up, and start talking about seeing the Sox play the Cardinals in the 60's, yeah, I can already assume your dad's dead. There's probably a better chance that there are more relatives of Sox fans who died before seeing another championship, than there are relatives of Yankee fans. I mean, I have to go back to the 19th century to find relatives of mine like that.

I guess that's why these stories are told. But, cmon, I wanna hear stories of riots, and destruction, and burning effegies of Steinbrenner and Babe Ruth

- The Jays - 10-29-2004

Oh yeah, and Jimmie Fallon was kissing Drew Barrymore on the field after they won. It was a shot for a movie about an obsessed Red Sox fan, and I guess the ending is him getting the girl and seeing the Sox win at the same time. The ending seems a bit too tidy for me, so I'm not gonna see this film.

- Goatweed - 10-29-2004

It's Jimmy Fallon - that alone is reason enough not to see the film.

- GonzoStyle - 10-29-2004

Let boston have a rod, reverse the curse!!!!