CDIH
new orleans - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: new orleans (/showthread.php?tid=10533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- HollywoodJewMoses - 09-01-2005

"we got no food, we got nothin to drink, we got nowhere to pee, we got nowhere to crap"
-Negro in NOLA, Fox News Channel 8/31/05

- diceisgod - 09-01-2005

OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLIN OFF!

it seemed appropriate

- Mad - 09-01-2005

HollywoodFreddieMitchell Wrote:"we got no food, we got nothin to drink, we got nowhere to pee, we got nowhere to crap"
-Negro in NOLA, Fox News Channel 8/31/05
Just shit and piss all the place like they normally do. What the chips and pop didn't fill their dumb asses?

The block of cheese will be coming tomorrow.

- The Sleeper - 09-01-2005

pop? are you from buffalo?

well at least i know if you do heroin you dont forget dumb and dumber quotes

- Mad - 09-01-2005

It's what those animals call it. It wouldn't be the first thing I'd loot, but what the hell you only live once.

animals means people from buffalo?

- Mad - 09-01-2005

That too.

- Sir O - 09-01-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/">http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Right now we're trying to show you all the looting. Guys pushing shopping carts with 40 Nike boxes in them. People breaking into cars. Assaulting ATM machines. It's hard just to sit by and do nothing. That's property that belongs to other people and these animals are just taking it.

You know, this crisis is going to end. One day it is going to be over, and people are going to have to live with themselves and the knowledge of how they behaved. The cowards, the thieves, the murderers. We're getting a guy on cam right now stealing tires from one car and putting them in his car. What a bunch of monkeys. No respect at all for their fellow man. Like I said, one day this is going to be over, and I hope the shame overwhelms these bastards.

I am about one shopping cart away from going down there and saying, "Yo homie, is that my briefcase?"

Quote:Looting: The police are looting. This has been confirmed by several independent sources. Some of the looting might be "legitimate" in as much as that word has any meaning in this context. They have broken into ATMs and safes: confirmed. We have eyewitnesses to this. They have taken dozens of SUVs from dealerships ostensibly for official use. They have also looted gun stores and pawn shops for all the small arms, supposedly to prevent "criminals" from doing so. But who knows their true intentions. We have an inside source in the NOPD who says that command and control is in chaos. He reports that command lapses more than 24 hours between check-ins, and that most of the force are "like deer in the headlights." NOPD already had a reputation for corruption, but I am telling you now that the people we've been talking to say they are not recognizing the NOPD as a legitimate authority anymore, since cops have been seen looting in Walmarts and forcing people out of stores so they could back up SUVs and loot them. Don't shoot the messenger....

Quote:New Orleans Police Department Status: The situation for the NOPD is critical. This is firsthand information I have from an NOPD officer we're giving shelter to. Their command and control infrastructure is shot. They have limited to no communication whatsoever. He didn't even know the city was under martial law until we told him! His precinct (5th Precinct) is under water! UNDER WATER -- every vehicle under water. They had to commander moving trucks like Ryder and UHaul to get around. The coroner's office is shut down so bodies are being covered in leaves at best or left where they lie at worst.

They don't even know their own rules of engagement. He says the force is impotent right now. They have no idea what's going on, no coordination, virtually no comms, etc. the National Guard is gonna air drop a radio system for them with 200 radios? They are getting very little direction.

The 3rd District bugged out to Baton Rouge because they flooded out.

His quote: "It's a zoo."

More first hand information direct from him shortly. He's trying to recover.

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but until we get a military presence of signicance in the city, the roving gangs of thugs own the streets.

Quote:More from the Police Officer. I'm typing as fast as i can while he talks to us:
He's only hearing bits and pieces. The people in the city are shooting at the police. They're upset that they're not getting help quickly enough. The fireman keep calling because they're under fire. He doesn't understand why the people are shooting at the rescuers. Here it is 5 days ago the Mayor said get out of town and nobody went and now they're pissed.

The National Guard was at the Hilton, but now the Hilton is evacuated. When they said the CBD was gonna get 6 feet of water, it seems like everyone evacuated.

He turned the corner onto Canal Street and it looked like a flea market. People breaking into every store, going to the neutral gound (median) and trading and selling everything.

They broke into Winn Dixie Monday Night. Do they steal food? No. Cigarettes and liquor. Store was a mess. All the meats were going to waste so the districts went over there to salvage food for officers. Many cops have been eating MREs.

The Iberville Housing Projects got pissed off because the police started to "shop" after they kicked out looters. Then they started shooting at cops. When the cops left, the looters looted everything. There's probably not a grocery left in this city.

Over 30 officers have quit over the last 3 days. Out of 160 officers in his district maybe 55 or 60 are working. He hasn't seen several since Sunday. HQ is closed, evacuated. No phones to contact them.

"HQ, be advised, we're going 10 7."

"Ok, y'all coming back on???"

"We don't know."

Quote:It's been a very long day. I'm going to crash for a bit and try to get 5 hours or so of sleep. I apologize again that I cannot respond to each IM. I am trying. We've got that IRC channel going and I'll try to get in there for a while later in the day.

I am going to debrief the police officer completely in the morning. He was utterly fatigued, thirsty, and wanted to find out what the hell was really going on.

Security has become a major concern now, because the NOPD is ineffective and the looters terrorists are roaming the streets. Word is now that they're lighting buildings on fire, but I can't confirm that. Anyway, we have to run guard shifts and patrol and it limits our downtime.

It is a zoo out there though, make no mistake. It's the wild kingdom. It's Lord of the Flies. That doesn't mean there's murder on every street corner. But what it does mean is that the rule of law has collapsed, that there is no order, and that property rights cannot and are not being enforced. Anyone who is on the streets is in immediate danger of being robbed and killed. It's that bad.

I will be back on around 0700 or so I think.

Team SOTI signing off. Will leave the cam on.

- HedCold - 09-01-2005

maybe with these gas prices segways will become more popular

- Mad - 09-01-2005

Wonder what the final body count will be after all is said and done? Diseases will be rampant and those who lack the basics will soon find out that you need clean drinking water to bathe and keep yourself healthy.

See what happens when the zoo keepers flee.

The troops that will be arriving shortly will engage in gun fights with those over the edge. Hopefully, there will be some happy storys, but that seems doubtful at this point in time.

- Keyser Soze - 09-01-2005

where is their IRC chat?

- The Sleeper - 09-01-2005

snipers are now shooting at evacuated hospital patients. jesus.

- HedCold - 09-01-2005

yea, every time i check for news updates it just gets worse and worse
be honest, who else thinks if mad was there he would be one of those people standing around with guns ready to attack anyone in a uniform, citing some conspiracy?

- Mad - 09-01-2005

Just because I believe in my God given right to self defense doesn't mean I'd be wasting ammo.

- HedCold - 09-01-2005

ugh

Sad

- diceisgod - 09-01-2005

Now they are resorting to canibalism.

I lied, but it may become truth.

- Goatweed - 09-01-2005

it's a good thing darkies like dark meat, huh?

- Mad - 09-01-2005

The one's I've worked with would eat the bones, marrow and cartilage. Leaving nothing behind.

- Galt - 09-01-2005

New Orleans is the worst place on earth