CDIH
Channing Frye - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Channing Frye (/showthread.php?tid=10794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Sir O - 12-30-2005

I dunno, I remember Jerome James starting a game recently...but your rotation is EXACTLY what I'd like to see. Kudos to you FBD!

- fbd - 12-30-2005

i feel so happy to have pleased you...

i honestly think that if they stick with that rotation for a while(allowing for minor alterations, of course...like letting lee go for a decent mid level exemption free agent) and switch steph for robinson in two years, they could get deep in the playoffs

- Sir O - 12-30-2005

I don't know that I'd want to let Lee go. I can see him as being a solid double/double guy in a couple of years and his passing is brilliant. A 4/5 rotation of Lee, Curry, and Frye could be something special in a few years and I wouldn't want to see it ruined for a short-term gain of a few wins that won't mean shit.

Nate Robinson, is an enigma. He's only tall enough to play the 1, but he really plays like a 2. I love his toughness, his energy and enthusiasm and hustle, but he's so out of control sometimes that I don't know if I can see him successfully running an offense. Maybe he can, and I hope he can because I don't see the Knicks going anywhere with Marbury running the point.

- fbd - 12-30-2005

i just dont see lee developing that much. he'll be a solid bench guy for most of his career, but i see him as the most expendable person from that lineup. frye is going to be good, curry just hit four years, so its like we drafted him after he graduated, and ariza is going to be the next bruce bowen. i give nate the benifit of the doubt, though, especially because steph is getting old and in a few years, he'll have to go to the bench

- Sir O - 12-30-2005

I respect your opinion, but again, why give up Lee? He's not making much money, so trading him would bring back almost nothing due to the CBA. He's very athletic and a SMART basketball player (something the Knicks desperately need) and gives 100% every time out. He also plays better defense than half the team.

Before the season started he was being compared to Charles Oakley, and while I don't think that's fair or accurate (Oak's the fucking man), I think for a late first-round pick you can't do much better but you can give him up for worse.

Everything else I agree with you mostly. Nate Robinson though, I think he'll be a very good player, I just don't know if he can run the point. I hope he can, but I'm not seeing it yet.

- fbd - 12-30-2005

i think the only reason i dont like lee is an irrational dislike of anyone who went to florida combined with another dislike of american white big men

- The Jays - 12-30-2005

oh man, this is better than Mike and the Mad Dog

- HedCold - 12-30-2005

the best i've heard about this knick team:
one of the players, they didn't say who, asked larry brown
"how do i know how much time is left on the shot clock"

- The Sleeper - 12-30-2005

probably eddy curry

- Sir O - 12-31-2005

The Jays Wrote:oh man, this is better than Mike and the Mad Dog

Anything is better than Mike and the Mad Dog.

Anyway, I just watched last night's game. Knicks lost. Big fucking surprise!

Positives: Marbury played great. For me to say anything positive about Stephon Marbury you better believe it.

Nate Robinson was outstanding. I still don't think he has what it takes to be an NBA point guard, but he does have what it takes to be an NBA player.

David Lee showed great hustle and rebounded like a motherfucker. Seriously, why isn't he starting every single day?

Channing Frye was nice off the bench.

Mo Taylor had a great game as well.

Negatives: Antonio Davis should retire yesterday.

Jamal Crawford was terrible.

Jerome James was probably the worst FA signing this year.

And I hate to say it, because I think he has a very good career ahead of him, but Trevor Ariza sucked. But it's only one game.

Here's to you, 2006 Draft Lottery!

- fbd - 12-31-2005

yes, the 20006 draft lottery. where all the balls marked "knicks" go to those guys in red who already have ben gordon, kirk heinrich, and luol deng

- The Sleeper - 12-31-2005

I watched the end of the game and marbury dribbled the ball off his foot down 5 with 50 seconds left. he has AIDS.

- fbd - 12-31-2005

but that was after crawford decided that when you're down 5 with 2 minutes left, the best strategy is to take a contested three with 20 seconds on the shot clock

- The Sleeper - 12-31-2005

they both have AIDS as they had a threesome with robert reed and wear his robes etc.

- The Jays - 12-31-2005

get him his and1 slippers and throwback robe

- The Jays - 12-31-2005

Sir O Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:oh man, this is better than Mike and the Mad Dog

Anything is better than Mike and the Mad Dog.

I just like when they go all Phil Rizutto on us and just go totally off-topic for 15 minutes and start talking about some crazy thing one of the producers' kids did, and then start having conversations with people off mic.

"Yeah...oh yeah.....ahahahahahaahahahhahaha, ahahahahahahahaha, ohhhh, and then he put the mustard back on the table! ahahahahahahahaha"

- Keyser Soze - 12-31-2005

in the league where they play....

for pay.

- fbd - 12-31-2005

dont the play for pay in baseball, football, soccer, tennis, golf, and pro lacrosse?

and why do this?

- Keyser Soze - 12-31-2005

people who listen to M&TMD know what im talking about.

Go Frye! - The Jays - 01-07-2006

Quote:Frye nets 30 as Knicks knock off Wizards at home

NEW YORK (AP) -- Although his production had dropped off from earlier in the season, Channing Frye didn't lose any confidence.

The rookie matched his season high with 30 points, including 11 during a decisive 15-4 run in the third quarter, and the New York Knicks beat the Washington Wizards 113-92 Friday night.

"This past month a lot of people have been down on me because my numbers weren't what they were the first month," Frye said. "Coach [Larry Brown] was challenging me to do other things. I'm just trying to get better every day."

Stephon Marbury had 16 points and 11 assists, and Nate Robinson added 16 points, seven rebounds and five assists as New York won consecutive games for just the second time this season -- the first time at home.

"Last time we won two in a row was on the West Coast trip," Brown said. "It's been a long time coming."

After needing three overtimes to beat Phoenix on Monday night, the Knicks took care of things in the second half.

"They were feeling pretty good about themselves," Brown said of the marathon win. "The attitude at practice was really positive, so obviously that helped."

Caron Butler made a pair of free throws to tie the score for the 11th and final time at 63-all with 5:25 left in the third quarter, before New York went on its game-turning run.

Frye scored his points during that spurt on five free throws, a dunk, a 19-foot jumper and a steal and a bank shot.

"I'm trying to be versatile, so I'm not just a standup jump shooter," he said. "That's part of my game but I want to incorporate everything I can do."

Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison scored 22 points apiece to lead Washington, which has lost four straight since a three-game winning streak. Butler added 16 points for the Wizards.

Arenas, coming off back-to-back games with at least 40 points, had 16 in the first quarter.

Washington, coming off a 123-111 loss to Houston on Tuesday night, was beaten by a last-place team for the second straight game.

"Maybe we're not as good as we think we are," Arenas said. "We keep thinking we're this playoff team, and we are getting beat by bottom-feeding teams. Maybe we need to look at ourselves a little bit harder."

Maurice Taylor hit a jumper and Trevor Ariza had a dunk to stretch New York's lead to 84-68 early in the fourth quarter.

Jamison hit a 3-pointer with 10½ minutes left to cut the deficit to 13 before the Knicks scored eight straight points to seal the win.

New York, which lost 12 of 14 in December, outrebounded Washington 49-30, and gave up just eight offensive boards.

"The way we rebounded the ball tonight was exceptionally well," Marbury said. "We didn't give them any second chances."

With the Wizards trailing 20-17, Arenas scored 11 points in a 13-5 run over the final 3:41 of the first quarter as Washington took a five-point lead.

New York used a 6-0 run, capped by David Lee's 17-foot jumper, to take a 40-39 lead near the midpoint of the second quarter.

Jamison had a three-point play and a driving finger roll to give the Wizards a 51-46 edge with 2:21 left.

However, the Knicks closed the half with a 6-0 run, including a jumper by Marbury, a fast-break dunk by Ariza and a jumper by Taylor.

Game notes
Frye also scored 30 against Milwaukee on Dec. 12. ... Guards Jamal Crawford (sprained left foot) and Quentin Richardson (back spasms) were inactive for the Knicks. Also, Penny Hardaway is working out in Houston with former NBA coach John Lucas and a physical therapist to try to strengthen his knee so he can return to the team. ... New York plays eight of its next 11 games at home. ... The Knicks' previous two-game win streak was on the road, Nov. 13-14 against Sacramento and Utah. ... F Jarvis Hayes, C Peter Ramos and F Awvee Storey were inactive for Washington.