CDIH
In my opinion - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: In my opinion (/showthread.php?tid=11432)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- HedCold - 02-16-2006

why would there necessarily be a stock market? you're trying to place a libertarian government into a republic/whatever we have now society.
think outside all that.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

YEAH Keyser...
smart guy.... who says there will be a stock market?

- HedCold - 02-16-2006

you have no vision*

*by saying you have no vision i am not calling you blind. apparently these things need to be clarified for you

- Keyser Soze - 02-16-2006

How silly of me.

Hedcold lives a true libertarian lifestyle. He and Joobies give each other gifts that they ask for beforehand, suprises are too wasteful.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

If you really wanna think outside the box,
go homo.

- HedCold - 02-16-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:How silly of me.

Hedcold lives a true libertarian lifestyle. He and Joobies give each other gifts that they ask for beforehand, suprises are too wasteful.
when it comes to gifts, we have no vision

- Mad - 02-16-2006

Lunch with Ken, should be joobies next gift.

- Hoon - 02-16-2006

Libertarianism has been practiced in the past.
It was called hippie communities and what came from it is drug addiction.

- Arpikarhu - 02-16-2006

Quote:less government regulation brings more enron, more worldcom, etc...
]

if the people find those businesses objectionable then they will not use their services and the company willl have to adapt to survive. if people continue to use their services then they dont care about the issue and shouldnt be forced to care against their willl by their so-called representatives. its called votting with your dollar.

Quote:Libertarianism has been practiced in the past.

this shows a complete lack of knowledge about libertarian principles and makes you look like a total dunce.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

Arpikarhu Wrote:if the people find those businesses objectionable then they will not use their services and the company willl have to adapt to survive. if people continue to use their services then they dont care about the issue and shouldnt be forced to care against their willl by their so-called representatives. its called votting with your dollar.

do you know how much damage can be done, before people get enough info to vote with their dollars?

- Hoon - 02-16-2006

We're americans.
We'll never vote with our dollar.
The youngest looking guy with the brightest teeth will always win.

- Gooch - 02-16-2006

Hoon Wrote:Libertarianism has been practiced in the past.

Not exactly...libertarianism is more the hippie/counterculture legacy, usually hamhandedly held by their children as card-carrying Libertarian Reform group members

Quote:if the people find those businesses objectionable then they will not use their services and the company willl have to adapt to survive. if people continue to use their services then they dont care about the issue and shouldnt be forced to care against their willl by their so-called representatives. its called votting with your dollar.

you're making the assumption that they will make decisions based on the greatest good instead of individual benefit, and the very ideals that libertarianism is based on would erode under its own hypocracy.

Private racial discrimination, for instance, lasted a hundred years; and it wasn't ended by businessmen changing their minds, but by blacks and liberals organizing. The Libertarian Party platform actually hopes to legally re-enable private discrimination.

So you think the market will correct those problems. In a few cases it will-- if you wait long enough. But very often it's simply impossible: e.g., the monopolist has made sure no alternatives exist. (One of the railroad tycoons, for instance, was careful to buy up steamship lines.) And though it was sometimes possible to break a monopoly by starting a well-bankrolled competing business, that was no consolation to (say) an oil producer who saw Rockefeller consolidating all the refineries. He could hardly start up his own refinery, and he'd be bankrupt before anyone succeeded in doing so.)

Americans enjoy the fruits of public scientific research, a well-educated job force, highways and airports, clean food, honest labelling, Social Security, unemployment insurance, trustworthy banks, national parks. Libertarianism has encouraged the peculiarly American delusion that these things come for free. It makes a philosophy out of biting the hand that feeds you.

- The Painter - 02-16-2006

I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading. The ignorance and prejudice toward the Libertarian Party is beyond belief. Someone tell me the great economic strategy of the Democrat and Republican Party. You seem to think anything else is crazy, so what’s so great about these two parties’ positions? Smaller, less restrictive government, more personal responsibility is a bad idea? Why? Clint Eastwood is a libertarian, so is Drew Carry. A lot of people are. I run my own business. 16% for SS, 10.5% workman’s comp, 33% Fed, 8.75% sales tax, 6% NYS, 7.5% unemployment. I’m already over 50% this isn’t even all of it. Add in fees, required insurance and now I’m pushing 70%. Let’s add the hidden taxes, your cell phone, gasoline, cigarettes, and alcohol. The list goes on. Now you’re pushing 85% of what you make goes to the government. That’s OK with you. Us Libertarians are just a bunch of nuts who want to keep what we make, or a least more than 15% of it. Oh yeah, I have to pay a guy about $2,000.00 just to figure out how much of my money I have to give them. Now tell me again what’s so great about the system we have now?

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

the first thing Libertarian whack jobs do is tell you what celebrities are Libertarian....

that makes me giggle.

- Galt - 02-16-2006

85% of a small businesses income goes to taxes?

I call bullshit.

- Galt - 02-16-2006

Yeah, if visionary thinkers like Al Franken, Ben Affleck, George Clooney, and Jeanine Garafalo don't agree then I want no part of it!

- The Painter - 02-16-2006

Well you guys really answered that. You must be the icons of the internet.

- Ken'sPen - 02-16-2006

Galt,
The moment I use a celebrity endorsement to support a political position I have THEN you can ridicule me for it.

Until then why not shut the fuck up,
or keep on topic.

You have became a fucking worthless pantload.

Quote:I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading. The ignorance and prejudice toward the Libertarian Party is beyond belief. Someone tell me the great economic strategy of the Democrat and Republican Party. You seem to think anything else is crazy, so what’s so great about these two parties’ positions? Smaller, less restrictive government, more personal responsibility is a bad idea? Why? Clint Eastwood is a libertarian, so is Drew Carry. A lot of people are. I run my own business. 16% for SS, 10.5% workman’s comp, 33% Fed, 8.75% sales tax, 6% NYS, 7.5% unemployment. I’m already over 50% this isn’t even all of it. Add in fees, required insurance and now I’m pushing 70%. Let’s add the hidden taxes, your cell phone, gasoline, cigarettes, and alcohol. The list goes on. Now you’re pushing 85% of what you make goes to the government. That’s OK with you. Us Libertarians are just a bunch of nuts who want to keep what we make, or a least more than 15% of it. Oh yeah, I have to pay a guy about $2,000.00 just to figure out how much of my money I have to give them. Now tell me again what’s so great about the system we have now?

i think our tax system is highly flawed and needs to be fixed from the ground up, but that doesn't mean i want to adopt every wackjob item on the libertarian platform. i think they have some good ideas, but taken as a whole, they're fucking lunatics.