CDIH
YA GOTTA BELIEVE 2006!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: YA GOTTA BELIEVE 2006!!! (/showthread.php?tid=11727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Keyser Soze - 06-26-2006

i hear just as many dumb yankee callers on sports radio.

most of them calling in to bash arod, which is as stupid as the mets fans who call in to compare wright to arod when wright has been in the league for 2+ years.

what 8 homegrown players did the yankees start the other night?

its too early to annoint reyes, wright and especially milledge anything, but you're just a dumb arrogant yankees fan to think mets fans are stupid to be excited about the makeup of their current ballclub.

- The Jays - 06-27-2006

Jeter, Cano, Posada, Williams, Phillips, Cabrera, Wang, Rivera.

I'm not saying don't be excited about your ballclub, but why do Mets fans have such an inferiority complex that they have to constantly compare themselves, and keep tabs on the Yanks?

- Keyser Soze - 06-27-2006

you brought it up stupid, not me.

which begs the question. why do stupid yankee fans have such an inferiority complex and have to constantly compare themselves and have to keep tabs on the Mets?

btw, kudos on starting all those young players. nice to see the yankees getting younger.

- The Jays - 06-27-2006

you're in quite the pissy mood. did I call you stupid? No, I called the Mets fans who call up stupid. Stop acting like a asshole, it turns people off.

sorry, i thought you were talking directly to me.

there are stupid fans of both teams, i'd say there are more stupid yankee fans just by nature of the number of fans they have and naturally a front running team has more stupid fans. the type of fans who latch onto a team that has won 26 world championships and has been in the postseason the last several years.

- GonzoStyle - 06-27-2006

Granted the bandwagon fans that became fans at the end of October 1996, are losers. They're the same people who started wearing ranger jerseys in 1994, of course they brought the jerseys the night before the parade. Then they bitch and moan about the Yankees not winning a championship since 2000, yeah because winning 4 in 5 years won’t quench the thirst for another ring. It’s easy to latch on and love the Yankees or teams that have won a bunch of championships, how many people did you know in the 90’s who were Chicago Bulls fans, how many of them are still Bulls fans?

But at the same time it’s also easy to root for the “other” team, when you have a 2 team city/state. It’s easy and gratifying to be the “I root for the loser cause I’m a REAL fan”. Most fans are stupid because most people are stupid, that’s just a fact of life. But let’s not forget the pre-1994 Yankees, they weren’t always as great, and the people who stuck through that, well those are true fans who know that it isn’t true that we just love the yanks because they win.

The rivalry between the meets and Yankees is a fun one, it’s Bronx vs. Queens, it’s two hometown teams. So naturally both sides are going to want to bash the other team, this is a case where you can’t love both teams and really call yourself a fan of either. I love the Yankees and hate the Mets, I want to see the meets fail because I love the Yankees. Doesn’t mean I do not recognize what a great team the meets have this season. If I were drafting a fantasy team today, I’d have more meets than Yankees on my team. Looking at my standings in the fantasy league, I wish I did have more meets on my team. My other league I am in 3rd place and have 5 meets players on my team.

- Goatweed - 06-27-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:Granted the bandwagon fans that became fans at the end of October 1996, are losers. They're the same people who started wearing ranger jerseys in 1994, of course they brought the jerseys the night before the parade. Then they bitch and moan about the Yankees not winning a championship since 2000, yeah because winning 4 in 5 years won’t quench the thirst for another ring. It’s easy to latch on and love the Yankees or teams that have won a bunch of championships, how many people did you know in the 90’s who were Chicago Bulls fans, how many of them are still Bulls fans?

But at the same time it’s also easy to root for the “other” team, when you have a 2 team city/state. It’s easy and gratifying to be the “I root for the loser cause I’m a REAL fan”. Most fans are stupid because most people are stupid, that’s just a fact of life. But let’s not forget the pre-1994 Yankees, they weren’t always as great, and the people who stuck through that, well those are true fans who know that it isn’t true that we just love the yanks because they win.

The rivalry between the meets and Yankees is a fun one, it’s Bronx vs. Queens, it’s two hometown teams. So naturally both sides are going to want to bash the other team, this is a case where you can’t love both teams and really call yourself a fan of either. I love the Yankees and hate the Mets, I want to see the meets fail because I love the Yankees. Doesn’t mean I do not recognize what a great team the meets have this season. If I were drafting a fantasy team today, I’d have more meets than Yankees on my team. Looking at my standings in the fantasy league, I wish I did have more meets on my team. My other league I am in 3rd place and have 5 meets players on my team.

it's posts like this that make me wish I married you.

- HedCold - 06-27-2006

i almost feel like editing your post and changing all the times you put meets

was that meant to be some sort of insult? jesus christ are yankee fans stupid.

who gives a fuck about the yankees? they're irrelevant as far as im concerned.

the idiots who chant 'yankees suck' at mets games should be taken out to the chop shops behind the parking lot and have their tonsils removed with a tire iron.

the mets are good, very good, and will be good for quite some time and it has nothing to do with the yankees.

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2006

how was any of that insulting and why is your knee jerk reaction to call someone stupid, you do realize thats like me calling someone fat.

You know damn well that the yankees are not irrelevant to you, lets just sift through the 4 years worth of posts from you in this forum. Lets sift through all the little pics of the yankees failures you've posted, don't even for a second say that you find the other team irrelevant, now that is stupid.

And no one here said that the mets are good because of the yankees, before you call someone stupid, learn some comprehension skills. No one here said, yeah the mets suck and the yanks fucked them in the ass in the world series. Only you seem to have this fixation that everyone else is dumb and fighting off accusations that no one else made, accusations that you're making up so you can in turn fight them off.

- Keyser Soze - 06-28-2006

i have not mentioned the yankees once in this thread until you decided to come over and shit in it cause you have some pathetic yankee insecurity complex about the mets being the best team in New York RIGHT NOW. yes, we know the Yanks won a zillion World Championships, good for you.

i've cared in the past, and i don't care anymore. they're irrelevant.

- PeterDragon - 06-29-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:So naturally both sides are going to want to bash the other team, this is a case where you can’t love both teams and really call yourself a fan of either. I love the Yankees and hate the Mets, I want to see the meets fail because I love the Yankees. Doesn’t mean I do not recognize what a great team the meets have this season

I totally disagree on the concept that loving one team means hating the other.
I'm a Met fan who really doesnt wish Yankees ill, except for when i hear stupid yankee fans (just like If I was a yankee fan I'd hate stupid met fans).

I hated the Cardinals in the 80's, the Pirates when they had bonds, and now can't stand the Braves. Those are my teams rivals.
I was happy today when A-rod stuck a fork in the fuckin braves.

I think a lot of this local hate is generational- in the post 96 era bandwagoners have jumped on and are the most obnoxious of yankee fans, and they encourage moron met fans. I don't see the same venom from those who remember Jack Clark (or even better, Horace Clarke).

Its not like Rangers & Islanders where they compete in the same division; here its just silly.

- The Jays - 06-29-2006

Keyser Soze Wrote:i have not mentioned the yankees once in this thread until you decided to come over and shit in it cause you have some pathetic yankee insecurity complex about the mets being the best team in New York RIGHT NOW. yes, we know the Yanks won a zillion World Championships, good for you.

i've cared in the past, and i don't care anymore. they're irrelevant.

Alright, calm down, buckaroo. I made a post because of the stupidity of callers into WFAN. Obviously, you have the station on speed dial.

You are the only person who brings up that the Yankees have won so many championships. You seriously have a complex about it. Not one person mentioned it except you. And now because the Mets have two less losses than the yanks at the end of June, you've seen the light and decided to stop posting pictures of the Yankees bench after an Angels series loss, or A-rod with a purse because you were wasting your time with an irrelevant team?

- HedCold - 06-29-2006

you gotta admit arod looked pretty fruity when he flung his helmet in the air and went into the yankee celebration with his arms up

other than that, whatever, if the mets manage to miss the playoffs this year that'll be pretty embarrassing with the state the nl east is in

- HedCold - 06-29-2006

also, last night, what was with mr met being at fenway and walking around with the red sox mascot?

- Keyser Soze - 06-29-2006

i'll quote the great <a href="http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com">faith and fear in flushing</a>...

Quote:After this nightmare of an unnecessary fucking series is over, we visit that horrid municipal parking garage of an abomination somewhere over the Triborough, and we're going to be told about Monument Park like we've never heard of it and the façade like we've never heard of it and Bob Sheppard like we've never heard of him (heard of him). And somehow we will be left with the impression that we are supposed to feel inadequate because we do not have a long and storied history.

Fuck that, fuck that, fuck that 26 fucking times over. Fuck Fenway Park. Fuck Wrigley Field. Fuck the Dodgers and the Cardinals and the Braves and, for good measure, fuck the Yankees 26 more times.

Let's Go Mets.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-29-2006

wow...relevant

- Keyser Soze - 06-29-2006

wow...thanks for the contribution, bandwagon boy.

- Goatweed - 06-29-2006

Arby's @ Yankee Stadium > any food product @ Shea

- GonzoStyle - 06-29-2006

your debate skills are almost as good as the jays, you guys are perfect for eachother.