CDIH
heroes - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: heroes (/showthread.php?tid=12082)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Arpikarhu - 12-05-2006

could be. i will look into it

- drusilla - 12-05-2006

faceman802 Wrote:
Galt Wrote:"It's not on camera, so it doesn't count" is easily among the top 5 dumbest things ever written on this board.

right up there with your asanine thread about how long being a chinaman

I just read the NY post and they said something about eve, I think her name was, actually turning the gun on herself and killing herself because sylar couldn't get her power that way? That makes and doesn't make sense at the same time because if he eats the brains, as we all assume he does, it wouldn't matter if she were dead or alive when he did it. This way of thinking leads one to believe that the brain must be perfect in order for him to gain the power.

her name was eden. i thought about that too. how if he does eat them, why couldn't he do so to the splattered pieces. but he probably needs the brain as a whole piece so he can see how it "works" or whatever. but i don't know how he can do so when he takes them from dead people.

- faceman802 - 12-05-2006

and what was with peter at the end of the episode. He looked like he had aids or mono or something. another thing about that, who's power did he tap into at the end so he "saw" the future? isaac is able to paint the future but no one so far has been able to see it. new character maybe?

- Galt - 12-05-2006

Arpikarhu Wrote:but he doesnt or she wouldnt be killed the first time he went there and he wouldnt have had to try and go back to save her then. she would have already been saved by hiro from the future.

my head hurts.

But what if he has to go back 5 times before he's able to save her? The first 4 times he went back to present day (when she died) she'd still be dead, because he hadn't done anything during that trip to alter the future. And the first time, he wasn't even around the day she died.

If your assumption is that because he will eventually do something on the 5th trip, then we wouldn't have seen her die in the first place.

Think Biff and Sports Almanac. Different divergent futures were created each time he did something

- Galt - 12-05-2006

faceman802 Wrote:and what was with peter at the end of the episode. He looked like he had aids or mono or something. another thing about that, who's power did he tap into at the end so he "saw" the future? isaac is able to paint the future but no one so far has been able to see it. new character maybe?

I was also very confused about that.

- Arpikarhu - 12-05-2006

but if he had saved her, it wouldnt matter how many times he tried. if he suceeded once then she wouldnt have died at all. he would have had no need to try and go back and save her if she had already been saved by him in the future.

and thats the best part of this series, ever week there is a cliffhanger or question at the end that makes you think. and I guess the next show slogan is going to be "Are you on the list?"

Arpikarhu Wrote:but if he had saved her, it wouldnt matter how many times he tried. if he suceeded once then she wouldnt have died at all. he would have had no need to try and go back and save her if she had already been saved by him in the future.

hiro is very aware that anything you do in the past, no matter how insignificant, can have serious repercusions in the future, hence his comment, "I hope I don't step on a bug" when he saw the picture of him fighting the t-rex. if he does step on a bug the course of everything could be changed. so maybe the future ends up positive and if he goes back and saves her, things wind up different somehow.

- Arpikarhu - 12-05-2006

he was not aware of this when he tried to save the waitress. he did not seem to realize that point until he saw the painting of himself fighting the t-rex.

- faceman802 - 12-06-2006

ok I just got finished reading these comics that they post online after the episode that "continues" the episode with 1 storyline. anyway after the last episode its claire's father going to eden's father to tell him his daughter is dead and that she killed herself to prevent sylar from gaining her gift. But in the picture it shows claire's father and the haitian shooting up sylar with enough syringes to stop a small animal. so evidentally sylar is still in custody according to this and doesn't have the persuasion power. It's all on the nbc website for heroes with what is supposed to be hiro's blog which gives insight into how he is feeling and what he is going through, so to speak. They are using the web in a pretty cool way as a good companion piece to the series itself.

- diceisgod - 12-06-2006

Having never seen this program, I have of course nothing of substance to contribute. So I will therefore behave like an ass and post the following:

doodoo

diceisgod Wrote:Having never seen this program, I have of course nothing of substance to contribute. So I will therefore behave like an ass and post the following:

doodoo

so this post will be like all the rest of your posts?

- diceisgod - 12-06-2006

correct!

I admire your consistency sir and I will have gonzo buy you the turkey burger he would have bought me if we ever meet but won't

- HedCold - 03-06-2007

the last 2 episodes of heroes have been really good. sucks they go on a break now

- faceman802 - 03-18-2007

I wanna be the stanley cup really bad right now...http://www.hotcelebshome.com/hayden-panettiere-posing-with-the-stanley-cup/#more-1456

- Galt - 05-14-2007

Only two more episodes!

You know that Claire's father and his gang are on a mission to destroy some machine, but it's actually that little girl, right?