CDIH
Let's go rangers - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Let's go rangers (/showthread.php?tid=3745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Teenweek - 12-13-2002

It's all but official. Mike Richter is retiring. Probably my most faovrite Ranger. He will be greatly missed. Thanks for the memories.

[Image: richter_cup.jpg]

- PeterDragon - 12-14-2002

Quote:It's all but official. Mike Richter is retiring. Probably my most faovrite Ranger. He will be greatly missed. Thanks for the memories.
well, he's got about $4million reasons to try and play next year, but yeah, it's probably over, Johnny.

Get tix now for the night they raise his Jersey....
I gotta admit now though that I was upset when they dealt Beezer to give job to Richter...

- PeterDragon - 01-22-2003

Tonight was a night to bring this back to top.

Rangers Baby!! Total domination over Fishtix
Where is that DarthZiggy when you need to gloat?
The sleeping giant is awaken.
4 out of 5. Slowly they move, ready to make that slow advance up the standings.
All they have to do is make it into playoffs, because when Leetch & Bure return, this will be a dangerous team.

:banana: :banana: :thumbs-up: :banana: :banana:

Edited By PeterDragon on 1043208884

- Teenweek - 01-22-2003

Great win but still fire Trottier.

- x-file - 01-22-2003

I concur. Rangers dominated in all area's. Lindros looked liked he did back in philly. And Barnaby has been playing like he's the great one. They outplayed the Isles. Cairns out 4-6. Somewhere in a dark bar with a gram of coke and half bottle of Jack, Theo is smiling. :toast:

- diceisgod - 01-22-2003

The Flyers are in FIRST place and they fucking suck. I'm sorry.

- onehung - 01-23-2003

Quote:. Somewhere in a dark bar with a gram of coke and half bottle of Jack, Theo is getting the shit slapped out of him by some bouncers.
That didn't last long. His sobriety that is.

- PeterDragon - 01-23-2003

Quote:The Flyers are in FIRST place and they fucking suck. I'm sorry
You don't have to be sorry about liking them. You can't help it. You must have been corrupted when you were a little kid. Come over to the Dark Side - We'll help teach you how to make Bobby Clarke voodoo dolls....
:burnfucker:

Back to things that really matter...
That pre-game "meeting" was what hockey rivalry is all about. Downright nasty intensity. I love it.

- menino - 01-24-2003

tied for 7th with 2 out of the next 3 vs Atlanta if we can win 1 vs either colorado or washington well be in great shape going into the break. I think this is the year.....Playoffs baby!!

- x-file - 01-24-2003

there's a helluva lot of hockey to be played. Anything can happen and it usually will. But they are playing good hockey. The main difference is the defense is stepping up big time. Finally after 4 years.

- PeterDragon - 01-24-2003

Xfile,
you got it right. It is team defense that the Rangers are finally playing.
I think Dunham is good, but he isn't an elite goalie. The difference is he is facing 28 shots a game, whereas Richter used to face 42 shots.

It took a long time, but it seems that they are finally getting Trottier's message.
and as such, teenweek, I think we should hold off on calling for Trottier's ouster.

Rangers have played more games than anyone so far, and it didn't help them - they needed practice time with new coaching staff & system, and the injuries. But that's the way the cards were dealt, so they'll just have to keep their fire down the stretch.

In past years they'd start strong and limp into playoffs; this year I think they'll finish with a flourish, make the playoffs, and do damage, hopefully knocking Philly on their asses :poke:

- Teenweek - 01-24-2003

i still say fire trottier. I hate him. I cannot cheer a bastard like him. I like Jim "Have another donut you fat pig" Schoenfeld.

- Teenweek - 01-29-2003

can we fire him yet?

- x-file - 01-30-2003

BA-BYE

Trottier Fireing

- x-file - 01-30-2003

Just make Messier the coach already, even if its the player coach for the rest of the year and wait till he retires to make him the official head coach.

- menino - 01-30-2003

The rangers should fire Sather also, bring in Scotty Bowman and give him control of everything. I knew letting a rookie coach become our coach would be a mistake, then I read that Trottier got the job bec hes the only one would submitted his rangers questionairre to sather in his own handwriting and not typed and realized that sather is a bigger loser then Trottier. Jim Schoenfeld would be a huge mistake hes already coaching them day to day and they stink. Bring in Bowman now. they shouldve got Hitchcock when they had the chance.

- Teenweek - 01-30-2003

Trottier Fired

:banana: :banana: :fuggin: :rofl: :bouncer: :bow: :toast: :banana:

- PeterDragon - 01-30-2003

Quote:Trottier Fired
:banana: :banana: :fuggin: :fucking: :bouncer: :bow: :toast: :banana:
This was my first thought when I heard the report yesterday afternoon.
I thought Rangers finally "got it" when they went 5-1, but they sufferred from Amnesia the last 3 games. Horrible isn't a bad enough word for them.

DEFENSE. someone has to play it. They keep getting fucked by officials, but that is no excuse = you've got to be smarter and not take the stupid penalties, especially when your penalty kill disappears.

Sather must go to. Bowman won't take the job. Get someone like Neil Smith was, blow up the team - deal everyone over 30 not named Leetch or Barnaby. Get people who understand you need to play defense in this league.

As much as I hate to say it, look at the god Damn Devils. Lamarello gets it. Dolan doesn't.

- Teenweek - 01-30-2003

well it's official Sather is the coach. :fuckoff:

- LZMF1 - 01-30-2003

Quote:As much as I hate to say it, look at the god Damn Devils. Lamarello gets it. Dolan doesn't.
lou lamoriello knows how to run a team that is a contender and keep the total team salary in the middle of the pack. :thumbs-up:

the rangers need some serious help.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1043976202