CDIH
Best quarterback in the nfl - Who's your choice? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Best quarterback in the nfl - Who's your choice? (/showthread.php?tid=3794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Faceman - 10-15-2002

Quote:You people are calling Brady teh best thing since white bread.

No, just better than Bledsoe. Pay attention for god sake.

At least you admit that your hatred for Brady stems from some sort of dislike for Boston and not on his merits. I suppose if Brady was in Buffalo now and Bledsoe won a superbowl with the Pats you'd think that Brady was the better quarterback?

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

I DO NOT LIKE BUFFALO. I DO NOT LIKE BLEDSOE. I do think Bledsoe is a better qb. I am being impartial. Look what Bledsoe is doing for a team that absolutely sucked last year. I am a Jets fan and I know testerverde is a worse qb than New England's waterboy.

- Faceman - 10-15-2002

Quote:Look what Bledsoe is doing for a team that absolutely sucked last year

and if he can win a superbowl with them, then he will get consideration from me as to being on a par with Brady. Quarterbacks that win a super bowl get bonus in my book because they go out in a big game and give the performance of their lives, in most cases. Anybody can be great regular season quarterback, not everyone can be a super bowl winning quarterback

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

Quote:and if he can win a superbowl with them, then he will get consideration from me as to being on a par with Brady. Quarterbacks that win a super bowl get bonus in my book because they go out in a big game and give the performance of their lives, in most cases. Anybody can be great regular season quarterback, not everyone can be a super bowl winning quarterback

So does this make Brady better than Marino (maybe best QB ever) or Jim Kelly who led the Bills to 4 straight Super Bowls. WInning a Super Bowl does not make you a great QB. Just ask Jeff Hostetler or DOug WIlliams. 2 medicore qb's who won Super Bowls.

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

I am not saying Brady is not a good quarterback. he is. he has potential to be a great one. After one year though, you cannot make him a hall of famer or say he has done what Favre or Marino has done or even had as good a career as Bledsoe. He has a few years left before that.

- Faceman - 10-15-2002

We arent talking about Marino or jim Kelly you tool. We are talking about Brady being a better quarterback than Bledsoe. Plain and simple

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

Quote:We are talking about Brady being a better quarterback than Bledsoe. Plain and simple

I brought them up because you said you give extra credit for QB's who won super bowls. Those are 2 greats and they never won.

Yes, I do think right now this year in both points of their careers, I would rather have Bledsoe as my qb.

- Galt - 10-15-2002

Quote:Look what Bledsoe is doing for a team that absolutely sucked last year

Gee, that's interesting, look what Brady did with a team that absolutely sucked the year before, and lost their first two games of the year to HORRIBLE teams like the Jets and fucking Bengals. A healthy Bledsoe couldn't be the BENGALS with the "great supporting cast" around him that Brady had.

The receivers of the Bills are immensely better than what Brady had to deal with last year as well as this year.
Moulds and Price are better than any two Pats receivers, Centers is one of the best receivers out of the backfield ever, and Riemersma is better than any of the Pats scab TE. Jake Reed ain't too bad either.

Also Travis Henry is better than Antawain Smith. All things that make it easier to get a passing game going. Finally, unlike the Pats', the Bills defense is absolutely atrocious, so there are always going to be high scoring games, which result in more yards, TDs, and other good numbers for Bledsoe.

- Faceman - 10-15-2002

Quote:I brought them up because you said you give extra credit for QB's who won super bowls. Those are 2 greats and they never won.

I do give extra credit to them, but not over what is arguably the greatest quarterback in history and one who went to 4 straight super bowls. That's just ridiculous and to assume that is what I meant is just crazy

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

ok fine. i give up. brady rules Rolleyes

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-15-2002

im gonna get Paul Pierce, and Donovan McNabb rules

- GonzoStyle - 10-15-2002

I have Donovan McNabb AND Tom Brady in the football league. Yet most everyone involved in the draft laughed at me for taking both of them.

- Sir O - 10-15-2002

I drafted Daunte Culpepper and Kordell Stewart.

You may now mock me ferociously.

But Babe Ruth is your father.

- Sir O - 10-15-2002

Babe Ruth wouldn't have drafted Kordell. I am a disgrace. Undecided

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-15-2002

why the Hell would you get laughed at for taking McNabb and Brady :crackhead:

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

In my league I have McNabb and testerverde. Now I have McNabb and Maddox. XFL baby! :rofl:

Almost everyone told me McNabb was a horrible pick in the 2nd round. I picked brady in the later rounds, I would say 8th maybe 9th.

My 1st pick was the horrible pick though, Randy Moss.

- Teenweek - 10-15-2002

i drafted 10th and chose mcnabb. and grabbed harrison with my 2nd. Moss sucks!

Moss does suck indeed but I got a couple steals in the middle rounds to make up for him. I soooo shoulda taken Ladanian Tomlinson 1st, dammit!!!