CDIH
Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Another sniper attack in virginia - What does it take to catch this guy (/showthread.php?tid=3799)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-16-2002

I'm emailing my terrorism professor about this discussion, he contributes nothing to the class, so he owes me an explanation. I'll share it when I get one.

- Mad - 10-16-2002

Local psychologist believes sniper kills done by terrorists

Quote:If you are right, I'd like my money back for my text

The Military is forbidden from current US law to be involved in Domestic Law Enforcement.

"The official declined to be more specific and stressed that the military would not be directly involved in police work and would be under the supervision of civilian law enforcement. "

Military Joins Hunt for Washington Sniper

There are more then one of these douche bags. This is terrorism at its worst.

- Arthur Dent - 10-16-2002

Unfortunately, I think your right. It's terrorists.

There are plenty of people who can hit a target the size of a human head at a couple hundred feet. Very few though, would know how to plan an escape route and elude a police drag net.

Either foreign terrorists or domestic, former military terrorists. Remember, everyone thought Timothy McVeigh had to be a foreign terrorist too.

What's worrying is there have been no demands, statements, or anything. Just like there was no credit taken for 9/11.

- OAS - 10-16-2002

Polly, ask your professor if he want's me to teach for him. At least you might learn something then.

al-Quiada has a pattern of not claiming responsibility. They deny everything.

This van is loaded with weapons and explosives. Once caught, they will go out in a blaze of glory in martyrdom. They will leave a jihad message behind. Once they go down, another will surface.

- Maynard - 10-16-2002

I think you guys are cracked for thinking it's terrorists. I think it's just another sick fucker.

Quote:Very few though, would know how to plan an escape route and elude a police drag net.
He's not planning escape routes. He's just parking far away and driving away casually. And they don't really have to elude anyone. They have no clue who it is. And now that everyone's looking for a white box truck, he's probably driving a station wagon or something.

- Galt - 10-16-2002

If these are terrorists, they are the least effective terrorists in history.

They're causing chaos in one small area of the country, and they are killing one by one. Terrorists like mass destruction, not onsey twosies.

This is not terrorism. It's just just a really bad guy or two.

Quote:Polly, ask your professor if he want's me to teach for him. At least you might learn something then.

Oh, he hasn't taught us anything all semester. Its an internet based class and all he does is tell us what to read and then we basically do what we do here, but its about the readings. There's a girl in my class who on a weekly basis supports terrorism and terrorists and it took him six weeks to say something to her, only after I threatened to call the FBI because of some of her comments.

- Maynard - 10-16-2002

WEll.....it's not terrorists like al-Quiada, but it certainly is terrorism. People are petrified down there. They are not leaving their houses. They are going from point a to point b with as little deviation as possible. They are scared shitless. So if it IS "terrorists", then they've certainly succeeded.

But again...I don't think it is. I think it's some guy who's billygoat told him that he's god and to go out and shoot people shopping at Michaels and Home Depot.

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

Maynard if it was just some idiot, he would have been caught already. Obviously the guy is smart enough to know where to do it and how to get away. Also if it was just some crazy fuck, don't you think it would have been a high powered rifle instead of an ak47.

Also on a sidenote, the movie Phone Booth about a sniper (Kiefer Sutherland) loose in New York City threatening to kill Colin Farrell has been postponed indefinitely.

- Maynard - 10-16-2002

No, I disagree TW. I don't think he's an idiot. And look how long it took them to catch Son of Sam. They never thought they'd catch him either, but it was s fucking traffic ticket that did him in!!!

Was watching I think CNN last night, and they're wondering if he's been cought on tape anywhere. Some kind of security camera or something from the area. It's a possibility.

I think america is too quick to blame things going on now on "terrorists". 2 years ago....it would have just been another sick fuck. Now it's GOTTA be terrorists. pffft.

- Galt - 10-16-2002

So, then the Zodiac killer was also an Al-Queda terrorist cell since he/they caused terror and mayhem, was smart enough to not get caught, and Al-Queda never claimed responsibility for it?

Great logic folks.

- Maynard - 10-16-2002

Exactly my point Galt.

Last week, SNL did a skit where they had people that worked for big corporations that are failing lately (Enron and the like). And they were all blaming it on Saddam. It's that same kind of thing right now. It's a threat to the American way of life so everyone is blaming it on terrorists.

Typical backwards American thinking. Rolleyes

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

it's a possibility that's all. you are totally dismissing it. i am not saying it is or isn't, but with everything that has gone on and the middle east wishing every american citizen dead, it is very plausible possibility.

Here is a question for you, do you think the anthrax scare had anything to do with terrorism. No one was ever caught. We are in a different world today than we were on sept 10th, 2001

- Maynard - 10-16-2002

I honestly think the Anthrax scare was some fucked in the head Americans. Nothing to do with Terrorism. If it WAS terrorists....why did they stop? They don't care about getting caught. They don't care about dying. So why would they have stopped? Did they run out of Anthrax?

THe guy who was under the most scrutiny for the Anthrax thing is a former WHITE FBI employee too.

- Galt - 10-16-2002

Again, I agree with Maynard.

If the real organized terrorists had Anthrax, they would have released on a large scale. They wouldn't have "tested" it (did they "test" crashing into other buildings?). They would have released it off a boat in the harbor, or something like that.

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

i agree it was a sick fuck, but nothing was resolved with that so no one really knows for sure. Whoever it is is playing to the fears of all americans. This is a form of terrorism. It should be dealt with that way too, because people are unable to go about their daily lives because they are in fear of dying if they step outside. When the anthrax killed that lady that had nothing to do with the governemnt or media, you can tell me you were not scared. I sure as Hell was.

- Goatweed - 10-16-2002

Terrorists do things on a grand scale, looking to kill as many people as possible with the least amount of effort. I highly doubt that they would suddenly shift tactics, especially these days.

These shootings are the work of one or two individuals who is/are highly trained as well as educated. What I don't understand is why let out to the press that they know - or think they know - what kind of a vehicle he drives? Would it be that hard for him to change vehicles? Apparently this white van has been seen at a few of the shootings, so why not keep it quiet and try to locate it first? I'm sure whoever is doing the shootings is watching the news, so he'll just get another vehicle.

I'm confident he'll get caught, I just hope he doesn't kill anymore people.

- Teenweek - 10-16-2002

i am not saying it is terrorism or not. It is a possibility. Terrorism does not have to be on a massive scale. As long as it is done and terrorizes a large amount of people either by damage or by fear it can be terrorism. A bomb that kills 10 people on a bus is as much terrorism as a bomb in a building. It killed more people but the deisred effect is that it makes everyone fearful of something greater.

The lady who died from the Anthrax was an elderly woman. For the most part others who were infected survived, though they are still disabled, they're alive. I wasn't that scared just because I felt that if for some reason I got Anthrax, I was young enough to fight it off. There were SEVERAL scares in my building during that time period and we were all wearing gloves, etc. when dealing with mail, and the floor in my building that Planned Parenthood is on was like sealed off for a bit. The Anthrax thing was most likely domestic terrorism and will be dealt with accordingly as soon as they figure out who the Hell did it, I'm sure.