CDIH
Arrogant Americans - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Arrogant Americans (/showthread.php?tid=5040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- LyricalGomez - 01-24-2003

Quote:if the native americans have a claim to the land that we took from them

What American Indians want is to get the land they were promised in treaties that were simply broken. I'm not a crying liberal but I don't think any of us can justify the treatmeant of American Indians throughout history.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

hey! we should give the thirteen colonies back to the british then....no wait.....dont the dutch get new york?

If we had a treaty with them saying they could have the lands, then yes.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

Quote:If we had a treaty with them saying they could have the lands, then yes.
boo hoo

- Keyser Soze - 01-24-2003

boo hoo to the jews

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

Quote:boo hoo to the jews
in what way? saying that the american indians should get land back is in no way comparable to israel. you are just babbling now.

They shouldn't get land back, they should get the land they were given in the first place.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

the indians are a conquered people. if we start giving land back to the conquered peoples of this world then we better get ready to do some serious map re-drawing!

Are you really this dense or just trying to be annoying?

There's a difference between conquering someone and making a treaty with someone giving them lands only to take it away because you find gold. If you can't figure that out you need some serious help.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

Quote:There's a difference between conquering someone and making a treaty with someone giving them lands only to take it away because you find gold
there isnt that much of a difference. they were beaten, we gave them some land cause we felt bad, we changed our minds. we had conquered them, why worry about it?

so if the palestinians conquer the jews, should the jews just pack their bags and go home?

Quote:you are just babbling now.

sorry for stealing your gag.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

Quote:so if the palestinians conquer the jews,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quote:there isnt that much of a difference. they were beaten, we gave them some land cause we felt bad, we changed our minds. we had conquered them, why worry about it?

If the world worked like this it would be nothing but wars every two days.

You make a deal, you sign it, you are obligated to fulfill your part of the agreement, if you don't you get taken to court, it's just because nobody gives a fuck that they haven't gotten back the land that belongs to them.

What if I just moved into your house? Just kicked you out, would you say oh well, I was conquered? Or would you demand your property back?

Quote:there isnt that much of a difference. they were beaten, we gave them some land cause we felt bad, we changed our minds. we had conquered them, why worry about it?

arpi you sound alot like the palestinians you seem to loathe so much.

- Ronin - 01-24-2003

Quote:We are descendants of slave-owners, do we want to enslave all african americans? Of course not you bumblefuck, you seriously need to pull your head out of your ass.
maybe you but I am not. My ancestors come from out of the US. They came to the US only 2 generation ago from Europe(my grandparents). So my ancestors didn't own slaves..
I just don't like Germany and France.. And that's how I feel. Those people slaughter millions of Jews.. And some of those people that made those orders are still living! So am I supposed to just drop this issue because it's over? NO WAY! So f' Germany. F' France. They suck.

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2003

Quote:arpi you sound alot like the palestinians you seem to loathe so much.
when were the palestinians beaten and had land taken away from them? never!!!! it wasnt thier land to begin with!
you keep making these personal attacks on me without making any statments or showing any proof to refute what i am saying.

Quote:Those people slaughter millions of Jews..

SlaughtereD

Quote:And some of those people that made those orders are still living!

Some, none of which are in any position to do anything, most of which are old and could hardly get their feeble bodies up to pee much less do any harm to anyone. And looking back is pretty easy thing to judge isn't it? You know why most people joined the Nazi party in the first place? Not because they hated Jews, but because they were poor and were promised jobs if they joined the party.

Quote:So am I supposed to just drop this issue because it's over?

Should we hate people because of their ancestors? That might just be the most narrowminded point of view I have ever seen.

Quote:NO WAY! So f' Germany. F' France. They suck.

ME BETTER THAN YOU

Quote:They came to the US only 2 generation ago from Europe(my grandparents). So my ancestors didn't own slaves..

But you support a nation that once had slaveowners, yet persecute another one because of their past? You have some serious issues there.

Quote:it wasnt thier land to begin with!

thats up for debate.

Quote:you keep making these personal attacks on me

you mean like calling me a jew-basher when i'm simply playing devil's advocate and counterpointing all your arguments? i don't think either side is right. they're both killing each other needlessly and creating even larger problems for the rest of the world.

i've posted several facts to refute what you are saying, point by point. just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they're wrong. i could say the same about your points until we are both blue in the face. the fact is, one side sees history one way, the other sees it another. history is written by the victors.

- SBB - 01-24-2003

Can we get back to whether or not we should open trade relations with Cuba?

- Ronin - 01-24-2003

Quote:But you support a nation that once had slaveowners, yet persecute another one because of their past? You have some serious issues there.

how do you see that? I am not contributing to the National Slavery Association. I wasn't here to support it. My ancestors came into the country after the fact.

And thanks for the grammer check. I sometimes type too fast and read to quickly to find the grammer mistakes. :-)