CDIH
The good pre-Godfather movies on TV thread - For Galt, and anyone else - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The good pre-Godfather movies on TV thread - For Galt, and anyone else (/showthread.php?tid=10161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- GonzoStyle - 09-29-2005

AMC is garbage now, they show no classics. Recently they've played shitfests from the last 10 years and pass them off as classics. Citizen Kane is considered great for its technological advancements which are now so commonplace in film that unfortunately its not as amazing to some. The writing is very good though and the story was very controversial for its day and Welles had to fight to get it released. Try and see the film RKO 281, it was an HBO film a few years back that detailed the obstacles Welles had to face to get the film released. I also agree on your point that some acting back then was wooden or too fast paced but acting today isnt that great either. No matter what point in time you are in there are always just a handful of good actors and a handful of really great films made every year. You can hold a complaint for every decade of movies and todays complaint is the lack of original scripts and abundance of remakes, along with the fact that theres very few good actors in the new school of movies and all the greats are getting older by the minute.

I still say if you dont find casablanca to be amazing you have no soul.

- The Jays - 09-30-2005

I have a generally stupid question.

In this age where movie studios jack up high prices for mediocre bullshit and movie theaters having to raise ticket prices to account for lack of interest in new movies, how come we don't see more theaters out there just showing classic films instead of the new crap?

- GonzoStyle - 09-30-2005

why would you go to the theatre and pay 10 bucks to see a movie you can watch on TV or rent for a couple bucks? Also if for example a movie was released in the theatre and on dvd to buy and rent at the same time, theatres would be closing down left and right. The whole point of theatres is to be able to see a movie that is not available anywhere else. The same theory works with PPV, more so several years ago before dvds became popular. There was a deal made by distributors and PPV to have a window of 90 days between the time a movie was released for rental and when it could be shown on PPV. This way video stores wouldnt be hurt by PPV and would have a 90 day jump to rent films before people could order them from home on PPV and video stores would order more copies of the films to be able to rent. Before dvds, new release VHS films ran video stores on avg of 100 bucks per copy on street date release so it was a big business. The whole point is availability but you do have theatres especially in the city that strictly show only classic films.

- Keyser Soze - 09-30-2005

i enjoy the old fashioned movie going experience. i like to buy my overpriced ticket, eat my overpriced popcorn and sit in a dark theater with a hugh screen. i've never watched a movie on my computer, it seems so geeky.

- Goatweed - 09-30-2005

if the movie is "worth" it, I'll go - like an Episode 3 kinda big-blockbuster movie. Otherwise I'll wait for cable and/or DVD.

- GonzoStyle - 09-30-2005

well I am the same way, if its something big for me i'll go to the theater. Most times though i'll wait for the dvd to come out. Before episode 3 the last movie I saw in the theater was the first Matrix. Though most people who go to the theater either go cause they wanna see the movie or cause of the experience, wether it be a date or cause the like the movies. But they can cry broke all they want, all big corporations always say they are losing money but I have never met anyone of wealth who hasnt cried destitude.

- GonzoStyle - 10-06-2005

Starting October 24th, TCM is showing 39 Alfred Hitchcock films for the entire week. I don't know what the movies will be but once the list is available I am sure some reccomendations can be made, I know sleepers a fan as well. Arguably the greatest film director ever.

- The Sleeper - 10-06-2005

I'm sure TCM will play all the essential ones. My favorites are Strangers on a Train, Rope, and Rear Window

- GonzoStyle - 10-07-2005

Rear Window is great, notorious and spellbound are my favorites. Then again there are very few Hitchcock movies that aren't great but everyone has their favs.

- lush - 10-07-2005

The Sleeper Wrote:I'm sure TCM will play all the essential ones. My favorites are Strangers on a Train, Rope, and Rear Window
I've watched two out of the three...with you.

did you make him wash his weiner after he was inside you?

- The Sleeper - 10-07-2005

yes she did

- lush - 10-07-2005

If you call Dennis sitting on a chair while I watched the movie on his bed action then sure.

it was a futon

- lush - 10-07-2005

No, that was when we were alone. I came upstairs and you were lying on your bed all "come on in baby" and I told you to move.

yea that was pretty embrassing that i had to put on clothes all of a sudden

- lush - 10-07-2005

So your green pants is actually your skin? Crazy.

they are glued on. it was an accident

lush Wrote:No, that was when we were alone. I came upstairs and you were lying on your bed all "come on in baby" and I told you to move.
what are you made of steel? How could you refuse?

- lush - 10-07-2005

I mean, Dennis is slick but I see right through his tricks. He offered me peanut butter and a movie...wow I am made out of steel.