CDIH
Is thursday the greatest band of all time? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Is thursday the greatest band of all time? (/showthread.php?tid=1718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- The Sleeper - 05-20-2002

you speak the truth.

- Zootybang - 05-20-2002

I think "thursday" Is as far from hardcore as you can get. Hardcore Is more like "strife", or "sick of It all". "screamo" would be like "Poison the well".

Quote:I think "thursday" Is as far from hardcore as you can get. Hardcore Is more like "strife", or "sick of It all". "screamo" would be like "Poison the well".
I saw them at a show recently w/ Unearth, Most Precious Blood, NORA, Everytime I Die, and Drowningman (all hardcore bands) and Thursday's performance was the most intense as was the crowd.

- HedCold - 05-20-2002

Quote:WHY MUST WE CATAGORIZE EVERYTHING?? CAN'T WE JUST CALL IT "MUSIC THAT WE LIKE" WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT GENRE ITS IN!!!!!!!
because then we can't make fun of emo fans and make them cry

MASKS!!! YEAH!!!!

- Zootybang - 05-20-2002

Are you serious? They were on the same bill as Most precious blood, and were more intense? I wasnt there, so i cant argue the fact, but I just cant fathom the thought. I went to amazon and listened to their songs after reading this thread, and they just sound so weak. Maybe Its because I'm straight-up harcore and metal, so everything sounds weak to me. I'm kind of biased.

- criticslovesnatch - 05-20-2002

Quote:Quote:

WHY MUST WE CATAGORIZE EVERYTHING?? CAN'T WE JUST CALL IT "MUSIC THAT WE LIKE" WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT GENRE ITS IN!!!!!!!

because then we can't make fun of emo fans and make them cry
3 words:
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Get Up Kids</span>
thank you. sit down. shut up.

Quote:Are you serious? They were on the same bill as Most precious blood, and were more intense? I wasnt there, so i cant argue the fact, but I just cant fathom the thought. I went to amazon and listened to their songs after reading this thread, and they just sound so weak. Maybe Its because I'm straight-up harcore and metal, so everything sounds weak to me. I'm kind of biased.
Well yea, if you are straight-up hardcore, Thursday might be weak to you, but it doesn't make them a shitty band overall. I couldn't stand Most Precious Blood when I listened to them, but hearing them live was pretty cool and I'm sure they are talented, I'm just not really into that type of music. All our opinions are biased, and sometimes its hard to get into something that sounds different to you. I'm rambling now, you get the point.

- HedCold - 05-20-2002

Quote:MASKS!!! YEAH!!!!

[Image: slipknot.jpg]

- HedCold - 05-20-2002

Quote:3 words:
Get Up Kids
thank you. sit down. shut up.
Quote:I DID NOT LIKE THE GET UP KIDS, BUT COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHER CRAP I SAT THROUGH AT THE CONCERT, THEY WERE A LOT BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE.

hey do you know what would just RULE!!

The get up kids....WEARING MASKS!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

- HedCold - 05-20-2002

are there any dashboard confessional song lyrics you didn't post yet?

- Zootybang - 05-20-2002

How about this....The getup kids...wearing masks...with tight pants on......crying In a corner.......while simultaneously WEARING LITTLE BACKPACKS.
The Emo-ness would be too much to bear.

Quote:How about this....The getup kids...wearing masks...with tight pants on......crying In a corner.......while simultaneously WEARING LITTLE BACKPACKS.
The Emo-ness would be too much to bear.
Now THAT would be hardcore!! \ m /

- Wormface - 05-20-2002

I think it would be better if the get up kids got on stage with masks.. and then took them off.. and ate them.. then shot RPG's at eachother..

- Hybrid - 05-21-2002

when i saw thursday the first time the crowd was BY FAR more intense than for most precious blood and from autumn to ashes. (i saw them all the same night)

<span style='font-size:57pt;line-height:100%'>MASKS!!!!!1</span>

- Zootybang - 05-21-2002

You know who wears masks? UGLY people wear masks. Ugly people who touch children, and kick puppies, and hate cotton candy.
I submit that masks are PURE EVIL, and should be relegated to the ranks of circus freaks.

- The Sleeper - 05-21-2002

Look it's HedCold!!

[Image: slipknot.jpg]

- HedCold - 05-21-2002

psh. if i were to wear a mask it would be soooo much cooler then that

- Hybrid - 05-21-2002

HEDCOLD IS SCARY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111