CDIH
This looks like a good place... - Part 2 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Stoner Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: This looks like a good place... - Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=4120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Danked - 11-18-2002

Yeah, go roll around in the mud.

Ha. That showed her.

- Hey Ladi - 11-18-2002

there is food there too (I think)

- Hey Ladi - 11-19-2002

oh yeah! I had chicken cooked in a little soup as a sauce, with vegatables & stuffing & baked, over rice ... it was good. ...... that too so long to type. :-o

- Hey Ladi - 11-28-2002

Pot as Tough on Lungs as Tobacco

Today's Cannabis Stronger, With More Carcinogens, Than in the 1960s

WebMD Medical News

Nov. 12, 2002 -- Strong words of warning for those who smoke pot: British researchers have found that smoking pure cannabis harms your lungs as much as tobacco does.

Smoking three cannabis joints a day causes the same damage to the lining of the airways as 20 cigarettes. In fact, the tar from a joint contains 50% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco, says the report, published by the British Lung Foundation.

"These statistics will come as a surprise to many people, especially those who choose to smoke cannabis rather than tobacco in the belief that it is 'safer' for them," says Mark Britton, MD, chairman of the British Lung Foundation.

The report surveys all current medical and scientific research into the direct effects of smoking marijuana -- both alone and with tobacco -- on the smoker's respiratory health.

Among the findings:

The cannabis smoked today is much more potent than that smoked in the 1960s -- more than 15 times as potent.

People who smoke cannabis have significantly more respiratory symptoms such as chronic cough and mucus production, wheezing, and acute bronchitis.

Smoking three or four cannabis cigarettes a day causes the same degree of damage to the lining of the airways as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day.

Cannabis tends to be smoked in a way that increases the puff volume by two-thirds and the depth of inhalation by one-third. There is an average fourfold longer breath-holding time with cannabis than with tobacco. This means that there is a greater respiratory burden of carbon monoxide and smoke particulates such as tar than when smoking a similar quantity of tobacco.

As with tobacco smoking, the research also shows a possible link between cannabis smoking and emphysema.

A survey earlier this year showed that 79% of children believe that cannabis was 'safe,' according to the British Lung Foundation's news release. Only 2% understood correctly that there are health risks associated with smoking pot.

- Weird NJ - 11-28-2002

Quote:WebMD Medical News

Nov. 12, 2002

Right. This is new. I've heard this same report for the past 7 years. The facts are they don't know shit because they legally can't do testing with marijuana. :fuckoff:

- Hey Ladi - 11-28-2002

oh, I didn't look at the date

I thought it was funny, plus I;m rather pleased when ever I hear the produce is better than the 60's :thumbs-up:

- Weird NJ - 11-28-2002

I'm not blaming you or anything. I just find it silly that they say they know something when they are just bluffing. Confusedmokey:

- FNMoron - 11-28-2002

Danked...ol' buddy ol' pal.... come over & get me stoned... please :fuggin:

- Danked - 11-28-2002

I'll be right over.

- Hey Ladi - 11-29-2002

everything go ok? :thumbs-up:

- crx girl - 11-29-2002

who's gonna come over and get me stoned? Undecided

- Danked - 11-29-2002

I'm in constant demand, but I can fit you in next week. 8PM on Wednesday good for you?

- Hey Ladi - 12-04-2002

I was going to go in the NY Library the other day, ... & technically I did.
I went thru the revloving door, saw they were checking bags & went right back out. :thumbs-up:

I wasn't sure how well they would check :fuggin:

- Hey Ladi - 12-10-2002

sooooooo Hybrid, speaking of vacations .... :banana: appearently Danked danced with some chick in Amsterdam :moonie: cool picture

- NaughtyAngel - 12-10-2002

i wanna dance :banana:

- Danked - 12-10-2002

Some chick!?!? SOME CHICK!?!?!? That's Kylie Minogue!!!

Oh and I got soooooooooo high last night. Felt so nice.

- Hey Ladi - 12-10-2002

ok, I forgot who it was, I was going to say Avil Lavigne

- Hybrid - 12-10-2002

:angry:

- Danked - 12-10-2002

It's such a funny picture. I'm humping her, it's great. Ladi laughed and laughed. Then I laughed. Then we all laughed.

- Hybrid - 12-10-2002

[Image: icon8.gif]