CDIH
The Reality Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The Reality Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9871)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- IrishAlkey - 01-07-2005

CAMILLE WOULD BE CRUSHED!

- Keyser Soze - 01-07-2005

you can't be assured she will never find out. not only that, you are putting her at risk for various STDs.

on top of all that, its the tip of the iceberg in terms of your relationship with her as a whole. if you feel no remorse cheating on her, God only knows what else you have no remose doing or keeping from her.

i can't think of a more reprehensible thing to do to someone.

- GonzoStyle - 01-07-2005

Goatweed Wrote:People cheat every day, sometimes more than once a day. It might not be morally right to one, but it might be perfectly acceptable to another. I wouldn't do it (except with CRX maybe) but I'm also very happy in my marriage. Not everyone is and there might be different reasons that can't simply be solved by saying "just get a divorce".
you wear cosby sweaters and watch star trek and are too nice of a guy, you probably go to church and stuff, no ones questioning you Saint Goat of the weed.

IrishAlkey Wrote:CAMILLE WOULD BE CRUSHED!
Just make sure you don't sleep with Joan Crawford!!!

- The Sleeper - 01-07-2005

Quote:i can't think of a more reprehensible thing to do to someone.

I know this thread is completely over my head, but C'MON!!

trust is the foundation of any marriage.

Quote:I know this thread is completely over my head

Sit this one out, lil' fella'.

- Rooner - 01-07-2005

I dont know about you guys. To me its a very cut and dry issue, and theres not a thing wrong. I dont understand, I thought all of you would be progressive about it. I guess it just me and Gonzo. No wonder he likes me. My wife is my best friend and our marriage is great. We are completely happy and in love. Once and a while, I take an hour or so out of my day, and have some meaningless physical relations. No love. No feelings. And then its done. I dont think about it anymore, I dont dwell on it. And I come home a completely happy man. Not that Im not happy before, but to me its just like going out for a few drinks. No harm done.

The Sleeper Wrote:
Quote:i can't think of a more reprehensible thing to do to someone.

I know this thread is completely over my head, but C'MON!!
he shoulda worked scott petersons defense.

- Rooner - 01-07-2005

Im using the chewbacca defense.

- Goatweed - 01-07-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:People cheat every day, sometimes more than once a day. It might not be morally right to one, but it might be perfectly acceptable to another. I wouldn't do it (except with CRX maybe) but I'm also very happy in my marriage. Not everyone is and there might be different reasons that can't simply be solved by saying "just get a divorce".
you wear cosby sweaters and watch star trek and are too nice of a guy, you probably go to church and stuff, no ones questioning you Saint Goat of the weed.
I've had opportunities, prior & during my marriage, but most times it wasnt necessary. Could I do it? Probably, but there would have to be a reason for it.

To do it for the hell of it is a scummy thing, yes - but to do it as a means of an escape, or getting out of a bad situation, or filling some emptiness, whatever - I might not agree with it, but I wont judge if its done in such a way thats not meant to harm or upset anyone.

The point is, it's easy to say GET A DIVORCE, but actually getting it might be to difficult or costly to be bothered with.

If Rooner sleeps well at night doing what he's doing, who the hell am I to judge him? So long as he's not cheating on his wife with mine, I care not.

Speaking of which, I called home & the wife's not there...hmmm

- Rooner - 01-07-2005

Goatweed Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
I've had opportunities, prior & during my marriage, but most times it wasnt necessary. Could I do it? Probably, but there would have to be a reason for it.

To do it for the hell of it is a scummy thing, yes - but to do it as a means of an escape, or getting out of a bad situation, or filling some emptiness, whatever - I might not agree with it, but I wont judge if its done in such a way thats not meant to harm or upset anyone.

The point is, it's easy to say GET A DIVORCE, but actually getting it might be to difficult or costly to be bothered with.

If Rooner sleeps well at night doing what he's doing, who the hell am I to judge him? So long as he's not cheating on his wife with mine, I care not.

*whistling*

I gotta go.

- Rooner - 01-07-2005

Where is Galt in this anyway, I did this for him and hes not even participating.

- Buttmunch - 01-07-2005

I question the "love" aspect of his marriage.

If you can't stand your wife, have kids, don't want to lose everything, I can understand maintaining the fiction of a marriage for the sake of others. But, on the one hand to say you love your wife dearly, and on the other, say that what you do is meaningless, is simply being an ostrich.

- The Sleeper - 01-07-2005

IrishAlkey Wrote:
Quote:I know this thread is completely over my head

Sit this one out, lil' fella'.
Just saying, cheating is NOT the most reprehensible thing you can do, by a long shot

On Iron Chef I learned that ostrich eggs are very hard to crack.

Goatweed Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:

You let me talk to the kid when he grows up, you'll make him a square. Let uncle gonzo tell him about the birds and the bees.

- Goatweed - 01-07-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:

You let me talk to the kid when he grows up, you'll make him a square. Let uncle gonzo tell him about the birds and the bees.
my dad told me about the birds & the bees - then he said "don't get anyone pregnant unless you're married". I think I did ok.

and I'm no square, fucko!!!

Quote:I dont know about you guys. To me its a very cut and dry issue, and theres not a thing wrong. I dont understand, I thought all of you would be progressive about it. I guess it just me and Gonzo. No wonder he likes me. My wife is my best friend and our marriage is great. We are completely happy and in love. Once and a while, I take an hour or so out of my day, and have some meaningless physical relations. No love. No feelings. And then its done. I dont think about it anymore, I dont dwell on it. And I come home a completely happy man. Not that Im not happy before, but to me its just like going out for a few drinks. No harm done.

dude, you are totally in denial. if you seriously think theres nothing wrong with cheating on your wife you are delusional.

you have created all these rationalizations in your head to make it ok.

picture for a moment what it would be like for your wife to find out about all the times you have cheated on her. better yet, imagine her walking in on you. can you imagine how devestated she would be?

i totally understand the reasons why you would want to do it, i'm a man too, i have desires outside of the person i'm with. its natural. i even agree with you that the concept of marriage may be totally irrational. but the point is you have a bond of trust with someone, if you truly want this lifestyle you should be in an open marriage, its not right to lie to someone you share your life with.

- crx girl - 01-07-2005

i totally understand the idea of meaningless sex and it's purely physical. but if you're going to go to the trouble of getting married i think it's only fair to your wife that you not keep secrets from her.