CDIH
new orleans - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: new orleans (/showthread.php?tid=10533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- HedCold - 09-02-2005

suzie, i edited your sig to make it a url. if you're going to use the picture please shrink it. kthx

- HedCold - 09-02-2005

and just when they finally get some sort of help in the area, bad news still comes in the form of an oil spill. wow.

- Galt - 09-02-2005

God's getting back at the world for our Gay Marriage thread.

- The Sleeper - 09-02-2005

I already read some editorial about how New Orleans is a wicked city and god is punishing them now

- Mad - 09-02-2005

Don't those religions kooks ever get tired of babbling about that crap?

- Galt - 09-02-2005

Wouldn't it be more helpful if the church would just say who God is pissed off at beforehand so they have a chance to repent, or at least let the God-fearing leave Gommorah?

- The Jays - 09-02-2005

diceisgod Wrote:
Quote:"We got here, there's no food. There's no water. There's shooting. They're killing people," evacuee Tishia Walters told CNN from inside the center. "They're robbing men in the restrooms, they're raping women trying to go to the restroom. So people have resorted to defecating on the floors. You can't walk. There's babies without Pampers, mammas without milk. It's chaos total chaos."

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER...MASS HYSTERIA!
ENOUGH!

- diceisgod - 09-02-2005

Who ya gonna call?

- The Jays - 09-02-2005

Quote:Katrina evacuee bus overturns, killing one
Local newspaper reports 10 wounded, several critically

OPELOUSAS, La. - One Hurricane Katrina refugee died and many others were injured when a bus carrying them west from the Superdome in New Orleans overturned and rolled across a highway median.

The Daily World of Opelousas reported on its Web site that at least 10 people were taken to hospitals, several of them critically injured.

- Mad - 09-02-2005

God must really really hate those voodoo motherfuckers something fierce.

- The Jays - 09-02-2005

Quote:God Seen Pouring Sugar in New Orleans Gas Tanks
God, the one known as I AM, also spotted engaging in anal intercourse with residents mothers

Associated Press
New Orleans, La. - Once Hurricane Katrina left the area, the real disaster began, as the flood waters crushed the levies and the starnded victims began to riot. Now, the Lord God Himself, has made his true feelings about New Orleans known, as Our Lord was spotted at a local WInn Dixie pouring sugar in people's gas tanks. The report conflicted with a report of a similiar looking Lord engaging in anal intercourse with the mothers of the remaing residents.

- Mad - 09-02-2005

All sodomites should be stoned to death for their evil deeds.

- The Sleeper - 09-03-2005

Pray for more dead bodies floating on the fag-semen-rancid waters of New Orleans.

- The Sleeper - 09-03-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crooksandliars.com/">http://www.crooksandliars.com/</a><!-- m -->

The Kanye West video is great. "George Bush doesn't care about Black People!"

- drusilla - 09-03-2005

HedCold Wrote:and just when they finally get some sort of help in the area, bad news still comes in the form of an oil spill. wow.
don't forget the bus of refugees that over turned where one person was killed and many others were injured.

- Galt - 09-03-2005

I also don't care about black people.

- Sir O - 09-03-2005

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/09/20050902-2.html">http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 902-2.html</a><!-- m -->

Quote:President Arrives in Alabama, Briefed on Hurricane Katrina
Mobile Regional Airport
Mobile, Alabama

10:35 A.M. CDT

THE PRESIDENT: Well, first I want to say a few things. I am incredibly proud of our Coast Guard. We have got courageous people risking their lives to save life. And I want to thank the commanders and I want to thank the troops over there for representing the best of America.

. . .

We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation. And then we're going to help these communities rebuild.The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch. (Laughter.)

GOVERNOR RILEY: He'll be glad to have you.

It warms my heart to know Trent Lott might be able to pull through this.

- The Jays - 09-03-2005

George Bush is a herb.

- The Jays - 09-03-2005

Quote:The Rebellion of the Talking Heads</span>
<span class="subhead">Newscasters, sick of official lies and stonewalling, finally start snarling.</span>
<span class="clsBioLink">By Jack Shafer</span>
<span class="clsSmaller">Posted Friday, Sept. 2, 2005, at 2:36 PM PT
</span>

<div style="clear: both;"></div>

<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1"><tbody></tbody></table>
A former deputy chief of FEMA told
Knight Ridder Newspapers yesterday (Sept. 1) that there "are two kinds
of levees—the ones that breached and the ones that will be breached." A
similar aphorism applies to broadcasters: They come in two varieties,
the ones that have gone stark, raving mad on air and the ones who will.</p>

In
the last couple of days, many of the broadcasters reporting from the
bowl-shaped toxic waste dump that was once the city of New Orleans have
stopped playing the role of wind-swept wet men facing down a big storm
to become public advocates for the poor, the displaced, the starving,
the dying, and the dead. </p>

Last night, CNN's Anderson Cooper
abandoned the old persona to throttle Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., in a
live interview. (See the video or read the transcript.)</p>

Quote:

"Does the federal government bear responsibility for what is happening now? Should they apologize for what is happening now?" Cooper opened.

As if campaigning before the local Democratic Ladies' Club lunch, Landrieu sing-songed back, "Anderson, there will be plenty of time to discuss all of those issues, about why, and how, and what, and if." She went on to thank President Bush, President Clinton, former President Bush, Senators Frist and Reid, and "all leaders that are coming to Louisiana, and Mississippi, and Alabama, "for their help.

Her condescending filibuster continued: "Anderson, tonight, I don't know if you've heard—maybe you all have announced it—but Congress is going to an unprecedented session to pass a $10 billion supplemental bill tonight to keep FEMA and the Red Cross up and operating."

Cooper suspended the traditional TV rules of decorum and, approaching tears of fury, said:

Excuse me, Senator, I'm sorry for interrupting. I haven't heard that, because, for the last four days, I've been seeing dead bodies in the streets here in Mississippi. And to listen to politicians thanking each other and complimenting each other, you know, I got to tell you, there are a lot of people here who are very upset, and very angry, and very frustrated.

And when they hear politicians slap—you know, thanking one another, it just, you know, it kind of cuts them the wrong way right now, because literally there was a body on the streets of this town yesterday being eaten by rats because this woman had been laying in the street for 48 hours. And there's not enough facilities to take her up.

Do you get the anger that is out here? …

I mean, I know you say there's a time and a place for, kind of, you know, looking back, but this seems to be the time and the place. I mean, there are people who want answers, and there are people who want someone to stand up and say, "You know what? We should have done more. Are all the assets being brought to bear?"

Edited By The Jays on 1125769822

- The Jays - 09-03-2005

Quote:Bush visit halts food delivery
By Michelle Krupa
Staff writer

Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.

The provisions, secured by U.S. Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-Napoleonville, and state Agriculture Commissioner Bob Odom, baked in the afternoon sun as Bush surveyed damage across southeast Louisiana five days after Katrina made landfall as a Category 4 storm, said Melancon’s chief of staff, Casey O’Shea.

“We had arrangements to airlift food by helicopter to these folks, and now the food is sitting in trucks because they won’t let helicopters fly,” O’Shea said Friday afternoon.

The food was expected to be in the hands of storm survivors after the president left the devastated region Friday night, he said.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.americablog.org/">http://www.americablog.org/</a><!-- m -->